Andromeda's Poison

003.

---

He had never been a big fan of gore. He could certainly watch it, but he was never the kind of guy who did it out of love. He disliked how crude they were, how blatantly unreal some of the scenes appeared to be. But he especially disliked how only one or two people survived.

Just as he had.

Watching a movie and watching it in real life were two completely different things. First off, as soon as a limb get's torn off you realize just how unrealistic the movies truly were. Not only was there blood showering the room, but as soon as the body drops you can see every vein, every muscle, and every bone that makes you wonder if that's truly how you look from the inside.

He didn't question he would die as soon as her gaze connected with his. By then all of the doctors in the room had already moved onto their next life, whatever that was. She was sitting straight, her head curved towards him, long dark, strands of brown hair drooping over her exposed body.

There was not a fiber in his being that doubted she was stunning in every sense. Flawless skin, straight nose, curved cherry lips. Even her terrifying eyes lit up with an unearthly fire that produced a shiver down his spine.

It certainly surprised him (just as much as it surprised her) to watch this pretty little monster get shot in the neck with a tranquilizer.

~ + ~

"We're terribly sorry you had to watch that Mr. St. James." Mrs. Lowry patted my hand over and over, her voice frantic with fear.

'Fear of what?'

He was the one that had been almost been drawn and quartered.

"We assure you the subject has been taken into custody. She will be locked back into her container as soon as-"

"You're putting her back there?" He interrupted.

She raised a thin eyebrow. "Well, yes. She's obviously too much to handle and we figured that that event was too traumatic for you to take her into your hands."

"I never said that." He stopped walking, his eyes digging into hers. "I still want to buy her. I don't care what the cost is. I assure you, I'll be fine."

She was silent for a couple of seconds, revolted that he would ever consider taking that demon with him. "Yes, Mr. St. James. Let me lead you to my office so we can fill out the paper work."

For the first time that day, he gave a genuine smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 comments are loved.