Status: Finished!

Save Your Heart

Chapter 26

Things were hectic between working my two jobs and preparing for Natalie’s wedding. Her big day was less than two days. That night I looked over my wedding checklist. Everything was coming along nicely. All I had to do was have the rehearsal dinner and make sure all of the bridesmaids had their dresses.

“Tyler! Do you have your tux for the wedding?” I yelled out to the living room from the kitchen. There was no answer. I peaked out through the doorway; there he was, his face glued to the television, a bag of chips next to him, and his hand down the front of his pants. I scoffed at him in disgust. “Tyler!” I yelled again.

“WHAT?!” He screamed back.

I walked out into the living room and stood in front of the television with my hands on my hips. Now he’ll answer me.

He threw his hands in the air. A few stray chips went flying as well. Great, there’s another chore that has to be added to my list, vacuuming. “What the fuck are you doing?” He yelled.

“I’m trying to talk to you.” I replied calmly. I wasn’t in the mood to start an argument tonight. I had too much on my mind.

“Well I’m trying to watch TV, so get the fuck out of the way.”

I gasped.“Excuse me!”

“You heard me. Get the fuck out of the way.”

I pointed my finger at him angrily. “Don’t talk to me that way!”

He shoved his hand in the bag of chips, came out with a handful of them, and shoved them in his mouth. “I can talk to you any way I want.” There were bits of chip flying everywhere with every word.

“Oh no you can not. Not when I’m the one who pays all the bills around here while you sit on your ass watching TV all day.” I retorted making my way back to the kitchen. I heard Tyler throw the bag of chips and start to follow me. “Leave me alone, Ty.” He suddenly grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. “Ow! What the hell?”

“Don’t you dare walk away from me while I’m trying to talk to you!” He yelled. His face was an inch away from mine. his breath smelled of chips and garlic.

I felt a sharp pain go through my arm as he held it tighter with each minute. “You’re hurting me! Let go!”

“I support you. I give you nice things. I’ve stayed with you all this time. I haven’t even been with another girl!” He shouted as he shook me with every word.

I pulled on my arm hard until it was released from his grasp. His fingernail made a large cut on my bicep. I walked to the sink and grabbed a towel. I put it under some cold water, then placed it on my arm. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was so hard to stay loyal to someone.”

Tyler slammed his hand on the kitchen counter. “Yeah, it’s hard to stay loyal to you!”

I threw the towel down on the counter and turned around to face him. Hs face was noticeably red and his breathing was fast and heavy. I took a step back, his presence frightened me. “Oh so it’s my fault?! Everything I do is wrong and you’re some perfect prick. Correct?”

His breathing became faster. He stepped towards me and swung his hand towards my face. Luckily, I put my arm up fast enough to catch his before it hit me. I pushed him away from me with my free hand. This only made him angrier. Out of no where, I felt his fist hit the side of my face with force. I let go of Tyler’s arm and grabbed my face. An intense pain spread through my cheek and jaw. Tears were filling up my eyes. He raised his arm again, ready to hit me. Then our front door slammed. We both looked in the direction of the living room. Derek appeared in the kitchen doorway. A wave of relief crashed over me. I don’t know how he got here or how he even knew where I lived, but I didn’t care. He was here.

“Get away from her!” Derek shouted. He grabbed Tyler’s raised arm and pulled it back. Tyler yelled in pain. Derek pushed Tyler out of the kitchen, then rushed over to me. He knelt down in front of me and brushed a stray hair out of my face. I loved when he did that. “Are you okay?” His fingers lightly touched the side of my face. I winced a little bit. He shook his head and took my hand in his. When his fingers touched mine, an electrical current buzzed through my body. He led me out of the kitchen and to the doorway.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Tyler asked, his voice was still at a shouting level. He took a step towards us as if he was going to stop Derek from taking me.

Derek gently pushed me behind him, his hand still interlaced with mine. “No where that concerns you.” Derek replied quietly. He then opened the front door and we left. For a moment, I pretended like it was 3 years ago. He was holding my hand like he always use to. I loved the way he held my hand everywhere we went. I never wanted him to let go this time. He didn’t let go the entire block we walked to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you it gets better! :) Thank you so much for the comments and for reading. The next chapter will be up soon <3