Status: Complete!

Voices

Our Little Miracle

When I pulled in the driveway, I could tell that Lea had gone up to bed, none of the lights were on downstairs. I opened the garage, had Jr. help me with our gear, closed the garage door, and went inside. I sent the boy to shower and put his pajamas on seeing as it was nearing his bedtime. He followed my orders and I found my wife in our bedroom.
“Good evening, Ma’am, I think I’m missing my wife. Do you know where she might be?” I asked coming up behind her and wrapping my arms around her thin waist. She was staring out the window, her dark hair cascading around her and pressed between her back and my chest. She turned to face me and I could tell she had been crying. “What’s wrong?” I asked her, but just then our son came flying into the room in his pajamas. He wanted a bedtime story.
“I’ll be right in, Jr,” he nodded and went back to his room.
“Read him his book and we will talk,” she muttered before turning back to face the window once more. I kissed her neck and collarbone before going to our son’s bedroom done out in the Penguins colors and décor.
“Which book?” I asked, already knowing he had picked one out.
“This one,” he motioned towards the Peter Pan. I opened it up and smiled, this was one of my favorites as a child. I read the whole book because I wanted to, even though he had fallen asleep after four pages. I kissed his forehead and made sure he was covered with his blankets before shutting off the lights and going back to my room. Lea was still by the window.
“Lea, tell me what’s wrong.”
“Take a walk with me?” she asked. I then noticed she had slipped into a hoodie of mine and thrown on some outdoor slippers. I grabbed myself a hoodie and we walked hand in hand down our stairs. She led me through the kitchen and out the back door. We went to the lone tree in the middle of the yard. This single tree was the only reason Lea loved this house. She wanted this house based on the tree in the backyard. In the summer, there was a bench under the tree, but now since it was winter, the bench was in storage. We stood there under the tree and she kissed me on the lips gently. “Sidney, I’m pregnant.”
I swept her into my arms and ran back into the house where I showed her that I was never leaving her nor was she leaving me ever again. I also prayed to God that our lives would be as perfect as they were at that moment for the rest of our lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love the ending to this, I don't know quite why, but yeah!