Status: Complete

Honey, Where's My Arm?

Cuddles

I woke up in the middle of the night, and just as Mariposa had said, she had cuddled up to me. One of her arms was around my waist, her head was on my shoulder, and her legs were tangled up with mine. I didn't mind, except one of us had kicked the blanket off of the bed, and I was cold. Carefully, I pried myself away from her and picked the blanket up. As I covered us both up she mumbled, "The cute one's a traitor."

I chuckled at her talking in her sleep. I took a deep breath and sighed as I stared at her, attempting to fall back asleep. She mumbled something else, but I couldn't make out the words, then she rolled over, turning her back to me, and taking the blanket with her. I sighed again and picked up the blanket, tugging on it so I could get it free and cover back up. As I did she sat up and yawned while stretching. She put her arms down and sat there for a few seconds, "Mariposa, are you awake?"

She didn't respond so I sat up and put my hand on her shoulder. She turned to look at me before closing her eyes and collapsing against me. I assumed she was still asleep. I laid back down, pulling her with me. Her head rested on my chest. I breathed deeply, she smelled like strawberries. I didn't sleep for the rest of the night. I just laid there watching her head rise and fall as I breathed. When the sun started to stream through the windows she moaned and buried her face into my chest. I smiled, not wanting to leave this spot. After a few seconds she lifted her head up and looked at me. "Good morning Starshine," I said to her.

"The Earth says hello," she finished. We both smiled and she asked, "How did you sleep?"

I shrugged, "I didn't sleep much. I woke up in the middle of the night, and didn't fall back to sleep."

"Oh. How are you feeling?"

"Okay I guess."

"You guess?" she arched an eye brow. Obviously she had expected a different answer.

I shrugged again, "While you slept I had plenty of time to think. Even though I'm angry and upset about what happened to Merle, I think I'm okay with it. I wish it hadn't of happened, but I can handle it."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

She sat up, "Want to help me make breakfast?"

"Sure."

"Good. Afterwards, there's somewhere I want to take you."

"Okay."

We got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen. She had me start the coffee while she got the food out to cook.