Status: Complete

Honey, Where's My Arm?

A Proposal

I felt Daryl's hands rubbing my back in an attempt to soothe me, and make me feel better. I pulled away enough to look at him. As much as I didn't want to fall for him, I needed his comfort, and his love. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. He kissed me back, gently at first, then the kiss became intense and full of passion and need. A hunger for him rose inside of me, and I could tell as he kissed my jawline that he had a hunger for me as well. He kissed my neck and my collarbone, tugging on my shirt at the same time. I laid back on the bed and he continued kissing me while his hands roamed over me. "Daryl, it's been a really long time since..." I trailed off.

He looked at me with a fire burning in his eyes, "I'll be gentle," he told me, a wicked smile playing across his lips.

"Hold on a minute," I reached across the bed to the small bedside table and pulled open the drawer, feeling around for the small, square package Victoria had given me. I grabbed it, and shut the drawer back before handing it to Daryl.

"You have a condom in the table by your bed?"

I shrugged, "Victoria insisted I keep one there in case I ever brought someone home and things got...intimate."

The wicked smile played across his lips again before he went back to kissing me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We laid in bed, a tangled mess of limbs. Mariposa laid next to me, tired and out out of breath. Her head rested on my chest, slowly rising and falling with each breath I took. "You're amazing," I whispered to her.

She smiled, "You are too."

I smiled back and ran my hand through her hair. I needed her. I couldn't explain why, but I did. "If this zombie apocalypse ever comes to an end," I told her in between breaths, "I'm going to marry you."

She lifted her head up to look directly into my eyes, "Most people ask someone if they want to marry them. They don't just say that they're going to."

"Would you?"

She thought about it with such a serious expression on her face that for a moment, I thought she was going to say no. Then the corners of her mouth turned upwards and she nodded.