Status: Complete

Honey, Where's My Arm?

Shopping

"Get up and get dressed," I told Daryl when morning came. "I need to go shopping and you're coming with me."

"Shopping?"

I nodded, "We're taking the Benz to Macy's. I need new boots. And winter's coming, so I need a new jacket as well. I'm going to have the others make a list of things they need, and we'll pick the stuff up while we're there."

"Can I drive?"

"If I'm ever sick, unconscious, or dead you can." We got dressed and went downstairs. "Daryl and I are go shopping," I announced, "Make a list of everything you need. We're leaving after breakfast." Every one complied and gave us their lists and Daryl and I left once the dishes were clean.

"Have I told you that your driving scares me?"

As I made a sharp right turn I asked, "What could possibly scare you about my driving?"

He clutched the center console and said, "You really have to ask that?"

I smiled as I whipped into Macy's parking lot, "I just want to go at a high enough speed to kill any walkers that get in my way."

"You're going to give me whiplash."

As we walked into Macy's I split up the lists, "You go get this stuff, I'll get this stuff, and we'll meet back here in thirty minutes and get whatever's left together."

He nodded and leaned down, kissing me before walking in the opposite direction as me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had most of the stuff on my list when I noticed a jewelry display case. Inside of it one particular ring caught my eye. It was a large butterfly made up of large diamonds. I pulled the white gold ring out of the case. I was going to give it to Mariposa as an engagement ring, even though it didn't look like a traditional engagement ring. I looked at the band of it, there were tiny butterflies engraved into it. As I pocketed the ring I heard Mariposa scream. I pocketed the ring and started running. I didn't know what was wrong, but I had to get to her before it was too late. Once she was in my sight I seen that she was lying on the floor unconscious with five men kneeled down around her. I aimed my crossbow and fired.