Status: Complete

Honey, Where's My Arm?

Good Morning

The arrow hit the man closest to Mariposa in the neck. Blood spurted out and the other four took off running. The man clutched his throat and gasped for air. I walked over to him and kicked him, "Give me one good reason why I should just go ahead and kill you instead of making you choke to death on your own blood?"

The man opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out were gurgles. He chocked up blood and it stained his mouth and chin. Nearby walkers would smell it and be here within minutes. I kneeled down so that I was eye level with the dying man.

"You deserve this for trying to take advantage of her. You better pray that you die before the walkers get here and tear you limb from limb." I scooped Mariposa up. Her catsuit was ripped apart. Those savages were going to rape her. I grabbed a pale pink dress off a rack as I walked by and pulled it over her before walking out to the car. Gently, I laid her down in the backseat of the Mercedes. I tossed our bags into the front passenger seat. I looked around before getting in the driver's seat. There were no walkers yet. I stuck the key in the ignition, started the engine, and drove back to Mariposa's house.

I pulled into the garage and hit the button to lower the door. I grabbed the bags out of the seat next to me and walked inside, "Where's Butterfly?" Andrea asked as I sat the bags on the table.

"In the car. We ran into a problem, so we weren't able to get everything."

Lori sighed, "I'm sure we can make due with what we have."

I nodded and walked back into the garage to get Butterfly out of the car. When I returned with her in my arms Andrea gasped, "Oh my God! What happened to her?"

"There were a few survivors, and they jumped her. I don't know exactly what happened. She screamed and when I got to her she was unconscious."

No one said anything as I carried her upstairs and laid her in her bed. There was a bruise forming on her right temple. I brushed the hair out of her face and covered her with the blanket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled up to Paul's house and got out of the car. I walked up the steps and knocked on the door. I could hear Emily on the other side. A few seconds later the door opened and Paul was standing there. "C'mon in," he said, opening the door wider, and stepping out of the way."

I stepped through the door and smiled when I seen Emily. She was wearing her Cinderella costume while watching Cinderella on Paul's 42" flat screen. "Did you have fun with Daddy?" I asked.

She nodded.

"That's good."

"I know you said no when you dropped her off, but-"

"Paul, please don't start this again. You broke my heart already, and I just can't trust you with it again. You need to find somebody else, someone more like you."

He sighed and looked down at the floor.

"Emily are you ready to go?"

"No," she shook her head, "I'm watching Cinderella."

"Sweetie, you can watch it when we get home, okay."

She sighed and reluctantly gave in.

"Where are your things?" She went to her room and came back with her suitcase. We walked out to the car and got in. "What do you want for dinner?"

"McDonalds."

"Chicken nugget happy meal?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

After we got our dinner I drove us home. We sat in the living room eating our food while watching Cinderella. "As soon as this is over you need to go upstairs and go to bed."

"Okay."

When the movie was over I walked upstairs with her to her bedroom. She changed into her blue nightgown with Cinderella on it and climbed into bed. I sat down on the edge, "Goodnight Emily," I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "So this is love, mmm mmmm mmm. So this is what makes life divine."

"You don't remember what's next."

I shook my head. "Go to sleep."

"Good night Mommy."

I went to my own room and changed before laying down in bed and going to sleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and yawned. It was morning. I got up and looked down. I was wearing an unfamiliar, pale pink, eyelet dress with spaghetti straps that went down to my knees. I couldn't remember putting it on. I walked downstairs and seen a group of people sitting in my living room that I had never seen before. "Good morning sleeping beauty," an old man said with a smile as if he knew me.

"Who are you people and why are you in my house?" I looked around, "And where is Emily?"