Status: Complete

Honey, Where's My Arm?

Diego's

"What are you doing in here?" she asked, her voice was thick from crying, and it cracked when she spoke.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry for yelling at you. You were only-"

"Don't patronize me!"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. What was the point? She would just argue with me again. I would have to get her to warm back up to me all over again. I stood up and turned around, walking towards the door. When I got there I turned back to look at Mariposa. She just sat there, watching me. I left her room and started walking down the hall. When I got to my room I heard her call my name, so I turned to look at her.

"I think we need to talk," there was nervousness in her voice. I turned and walked back down the hall.

"About what?"

"What you said...down stairs....about loving me."

"Before this, Merle was all I had, and then you showed me kindness and I lost my head. It was just a moment of weakness. Forget I ever said it." I turned around and walked back to my room, clenching my jaw out of frustration.

I could hear her standing there, sniffling, refusing to cry. Or maybe she was crying, but why should I care?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head ached and I couldn't sleep. Daryl was driving me to the brink of insanity. I knew I felt something for him, I just didn't know what. And I knew he felt something for me, he was just angry. By the time the sun started streaming in through my window I had decided to just avoid Daryl for a little while. It would give the two of us time to cool down and get over whatever issues we had with each other.

I got up to get dressed, my cat suit was ruined, so I put on a pair of denim shorts and a black tank top with some simple, flat, black, lace-up boots. I tied my hair back and braided it before walking down stairs. "You look like Tomb Raider!" Carl said as soon as I stepped into the kitchen.

I smiled, "Thank you....I think."

"I went ahead and started making breakfast, I hope you don't mind," Andrea said.

"Of course not." I looked around, everyone had either been in the kitchen or in the living room, everyone except Daryl. It's not like I was going to go talk to him, but I was curious as to where he was so I asked, "Where's Daryl?"

"Out back. He said he needed to get some fresh air."

I peaked out the window into the back yard and seen him standing next to where we had buried Merle's body, together. He just stood there staring at the now empty grave. I let out a ragged breath, and as if he knew I was watching him, he looked at the window. I quickly closed the curtain and stepped away. "I'm going to go ahead and go to my Uncle's house. I don't know if Glenn mentioned it or not, but there may be something there to help us. I'll eat when I get back."

"Okay. I'll save you a plate."

"Thanks."

I grabbed my bow and arrows as well as my katanas and left the house. My Uncle Diego lived two roads down, and I hadn't stepped foot there since the outbreak. I was almost afraid of what I would find. I drew my katanas before entering the house, being cautious as to what could be waiting. There could be a walker or two that stumbled inside, or there could be survivors that decided to make sanctuary there. If there were survivors, they could be hostile, but I was also sure that by now, I would've seen them.

I searched his entire bedroom and the attic for anything that could help, but I couldn't even find a journal. I thought about how my father's lab had been hidden and went downstairs to the basement. I flipped the light switch and it the bulb lit for a moment, then went out. "Great," I muttered to myself. I crept down the stairs, I could hear something, heavy breathing, maybe. It wasn't loud, but in the quiet room it seemed that way.

I looked in every direction, trying to find the source. When I did, I was completely shocked. "Victoria!"