Status: Complete

Honey, Where's My Arm?

Reconciliation

After nearly a week of ignoring each other I walked up to Daryl one night while he was outside with a beer. He was sitting next to Merle's grave, which I had Rick and Shane put Merle back in a couple of days before. "Why are we doing this?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Ignoring each other! Why are we acting as if we don't know each other?"

Daryl shrugged, "I thought you'd prefer it that way."

I took a deep breath and sat down on the ground in front of him. "And what makes you think I would prefer it that way?"

"Well, it's not like you've made an effort to talk to me up until now."

I rolled my eyes, "You haven't either." We sat in silence for a little while, just listening to the crickets chirp. "I want us to go back to being how we were before....before I lost my memories."

He looked into my eyes, searching them for something. "Why? If you and Glenn succeed you'll be able to find someone much better than me."

"That's assuming there's anyone other than us left out there at all. Besides, even if there is, you're who I want to be with."

"Am I really?"

"Yes."

He smiled, and it made me smile. I moved so that I was sitting next to him, and I turned to look at him. He placed one hand on the side of my face, and leaned down. Excitement filled me as I waited in anticipation for his lips to touch mine. His lips tasted of beer, but in that moment, I didn't care. This was what I wanted, what I needed. Even if Glenn and I couldn't successfully create a serum to neutralize the virus, it didn't matter, as long as Daryl was with me. When Daryl finally pulled away he asked, "Should we go inside?"

I nodded and he stood up. Then he reached down, grabbed my hand, and pulled me to my feet. We walked inside and upstairs to my room, careful to not wake anyone.