Status: Complete

Honey, Where's My Arm?

Comfort

I winced slightly as the door slammed shut. The Ice Queen felt at least one emotion after all, anger. I sighed and stood up to go apologize to her. I didn't mean to make her angry. I picked up the Pepsi she had left sitting on the ground and walked inside. I sat the can on the table and walked into the living room. "What did you do to her?" Lori asked as soon as I entered the room.

"I didn't do anything to her."

"Then why is she so upset?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but I asked her a question, and she got upset. I'm going to apologize."

I pushed past her and headed for the stairs, "I think maybe you should leave her alone," Rick said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I knocked it away and said, "I think you should just stay out of it!"

I turned and headed up the stairs. "Just leave him alone," I heard Lori tell him. As I got closer to the top of the stairs I could hear music coming from one of the rooms. I looked down the hall way and seen the door to the room she'd been standing in front of the night before open. The music was coming from inside.

I stood in the doorway, the room was painted pink and decorated with Disney Princesses. To the left was a bed shaped like a carriage with a pink, princess decorated toy box next to it. Across from it was a dresser. There was a little music box sitting in the center that had one of the princesses dancing with their prince while a song played. Sitting in the corner, up against the dresser was Butterfly. Tears streaked her face as she sobbed silently while clutching a blue dress.

Not knowing quite what to say I walked over to her, sat down, and pulled her into my arms. She buried her face in my shoulder and cried while I stroked her hair. "Don't cry," I whispered. "It's okay."

She pulled away and looked up at me with big, tear-filled eyes. They were an unusual shade of brown, like syrup that had been poured onto a white plate. "This was her room," she said, her voice barely a whisper, "Emily's."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at Daryl and had this urge to tell him everything. I felt as if I needed to tell him everything. "You can tell me what happened," he urged, as if he were reading my thoughts. I took a deep breath and started my story.