Mischief Managed

016.

The next day, I was released from the hospital wing and I went to go find Harry, Ronald, and Hermione quickly. Within moments, I found them just as they were walking out of the common room.

"Where're you going?" I asked quickly.

"The great hall. It's for some special task," Hermione said, smiling.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, we haven't a clue what it's about, though! It can't be dangerous since it involves most of the school..." Hermione said again, as we walked as a group to the Great Hall.

"So are you feeling better?" Ronald asked.

"Much better..." I said, smiling lightly.

"Good," he said smiling.

We soon reached the Great Hall, which was already crowded with many people sitting at their house tables.

"Well, damn, this must be some event. I think just about everyone in this school is here to attend," I said.

"Everyone fourth year and up," Hermione said.

"Hmmm..." Harry said, looking around anxiously.

"Attention students!" came the voice of Professor McGonagall at once. The hall went silent. "The Yule Ball is a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament and it is approaching rather quickly. Of course, I only called fourth years and higher today because you are the only ones able to attend. Although, if you please, you may invite a younger student. Dress robes will be worn for the gentlemen. Young ladies will get a day off classes next week to go to a special dress shop and find the perfect apparel for a perfect evening. The ball will begin at eight o'clock Christmas day, finishing at midnight.

"And ladies, I realize this is a rather exciting night for you all, and perhaps gentlemen as well. But that does not mean that you may behave inappropriately. Now, you may return back to your common rooms and enjoy this Friday of relaxation and fun. Ladies, I will be posting up signs in each of the common rooms for the dates available that you may go dress shopping."

Then, everyone stood up, the hall full of talking and excitement.

"Oh, hold on one moment," Professor McGonagall said, loudly. All the girls were smiling, as we all froze.

"Champions, please come up front. I need a word with the five of you," she said.

"Well, we'll catch you guys back at the common room," Harry said, as he and I walked up to the front of the Great Hall towards McGonagall.

"Now, the five of you will need a date," she said at once.

"We need one?" Krum asked.

"Yes, Mr. Krum, you do. Because you and your dates will take the honor of being the firsts to dance with your dates. I expect you better find one, or you will make a fool of yourself."

"But, I don't dance..." Harry said awkwardly.

"Well, you better learn to love it, Mr. Potter, because you and your dance partner will have to open up the ball. You may leave now," she said. Everyone walked away except Harry and I, because Harry needed a word with McGonagall and urged me to stay with him.

"Professor..." Harry said helplessly.

"Now, now, Potter. I'm not allowing you to be the only champion who does not partake in the opening of the Yule Ball. It is tradition," she said.

"What if I just bring a friend? Like Ella?" he said.

"Potter... I would prefer that no two champions go together..." she said hesitantly.

"Harry!" I said angrily. He knew I would prefer to go with Fred.

"Sorry Ella..." Harry said, blushing.

"I'm sure Miss Elkin would prefer to have an actual date, Potter. I advise you to please do the same..." McGonagall said, then walked away.

"Ugh.."

"C'mon, Harry! You defeated a dragon! The girls will be all over you," I said encouragingly.

"Ella, you're a shoo-in for a date. You know Fred is going to ask you. I saw him looking at you almost the whole time," Harry sighed.

"Ask her, Harry."

"Cho?"

"Of course Cho. Seriously, ask her," I urged.

"I dunno..."

"If you don't, someone else will snatch her up, Harry. Honestly."

Afterwards, Harry said nothing more of that subject, so we walked in silence to the common room where Ronald and Hermione were talking together.

"Hey," I smiled and sat down next to them.

"Oh, Ella, we need to talk," Hermione smiled.

"I hate that you girls always have to go to another room whenever you talk," Ronald said bitterly.

"Sorry," I laughed as Hermione and I went up to our room.

"What's up?" I asked her at once.

"We are going to go dress shopping together," she said.

"Well, of course..." I laughed.

"Fred ask you yet?"

"Hermione," I said, laughing. "I just got back from the Great Hall."

"I know. George has already asked Angelina. I s'pose Fred was looking for you, but was unable to find you," she said, shrugging.

"Angelina? Johnson?" I asked at once.

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh, oh... this isn't good..." I said.

"What?"

"Hermione, I'll explain later. I have to go talk to George. And have a word with Angelina," I said, getting up and running downstairs.

I knew exactly how Angelina felt about Fred and exactly how she treats other guys. I didn't want her to hurt George in any way, or me for that matter.

I found George at once, and of course he was with Fred, Angelina, Alicia, and Katie.

"George, I need to talk to you," I said quickly. I looked over at Fred, who looked rather shocked that it wasn't him I was speaking to. George took his arm off of Angelina and walked over to me.

"What's up?"

"George, did you ask Angelina to the ball?"

"Yes, why?"

"George! Why didn't you ask Alicia? She likes you!" I said at once.

"How do you...?" he said, looking shocked.

"George, I'm a girl. I was on the Quidditch team with you guys. Us girls? We talked."

"Well, Angelina was just saying how she was never going to find a date and she asked me who I was going with and she suggested we'd go together so we were sure to have one..." he said.

"George, no. You just can't. I want you to go with Alicia, please. Angelina is only doing that so she can get closer to Fred. George, please..." I begged.

"Ella..."

"George, no! I know what's best for you and I know exactly how Angelina is. Just please, ask Alicia and make her the happiest girl in this whole fucking world, George. You haven't a clue how much that'll just make her life. Please," I said.

"How do I break it off with Angelina...?" he asked.

"You tell her that she's a dumb cunt who is only using you to get to your twin brother, who basically has a girlfriend," I said simply.

"Ella..."

"Just do it," I said, as I walked away.

"Ella, wait!" George called.

"Yes?"

"Sit with us for a little bit," he said. Then, he mouthed 'Fred'.

I nodded and walked with him. I sat down between him and Fred, and I smiled.

"What'd McGonagall want?" Fred asked.

"She wanted to let us know that all the champions were to open the ball with the first dance, so we have to either find dates or look like complete fools," I said, laughing.

"You'll find a date," Katie said, sniggering.

Everyone then looked over at Fred, as I turned bright pink.

"I already found my date," Angelina giggled annoyingly.

"Actually, Ang, I need to talk to you..." George said quietly.

"What is it, honey?" she said, all baby like.

George looked at me, then looked at Angelina. "I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for Christmas..."

I looked at Alicia, who looked down at the ground.

"Oh, George. Just tell her," I said angrily.

"Tell me what, Georgie?" Angelina cooed.

"I-I..." George stammered.

"That he doesn't want to go to the ball with you!" I said at once, standing up. Everyone else stood up, too.

"Excuse me?" Angelina said at once, walking closer to me.

"You heard me. We all know what kind of fucking girl you are, Angelina."

Suddenly, Harry, Ronald, and Hermione came walking over to us.

"Oh yeah, Ella? And what is that?"

"Angelina, all you want to do is get in Fred's pants. That's the only reason why you asked George to the dance. I know exactly what you're up to. I wasn't born yesterday," I said.

"Great. Stupid bitch. You still didn't tell me what kind of girl I am, Elkin," she said, resorting to last name basis.

"Fine, Johnson. All you are is a stupid fucking cunt," I said. No one else was in the room, luckily, except for Harry, Ronald, Hermione, Fred, George, Katie, Alicia, Angelina, and myself, so most likely no one except Angelina would tell McGonagall. Otherwise I would've thought more about saying it.

"Yeah, I'm the cunt," she spat. "You nasty little whore, you have no room to talk."

I started breathing heavily, and I couldn't help it anymore. I started going towards her, as she backed up.

"What's wrong? Scared you little bitch? You're older than me by two years. You should be able to take me, right?" I yelled.

"Ella, stop!" Fred said, running towards me trying to hold me back. Instead, I lost his grip and ran towards her again. She ran behind Katie, who crouched in fear. Then I felt four different pairs of hands pulling me away. I tried to fight them off, but they were all too strong.

"Ella, stop. You need to calm down," Ronald soothed.

"I hate her."

"I know you do..." Hermione said.

As I looked up, Angelina had already left with Katie.

"They went upstairs," George said. "Please, Ella, you need to not lose your cool..."

"George, I just wanted you to be happy! Because if I let you go with her, she was just going to try to get closer to Fred!" I said to him. "I don't want to see you hurt!"

"It's okay... I'm not going with her anymore anyway," George sighed.

"Then ask Alicia," I said to him in all seriousness. "Right now. She's over there by herself, obviously not knowing what to do. Go."

George heaved a heavy sigh, let go of me, and walked over towards Alicia.

"Ella, are you going to calm down now?" Harry asked.

"Yes, will you three please let me go," I said, still breathing hard. Fred, Ronald, and Harry all took their hands off of me, as I stood up.

I looked over to George and Alicia, who were both blushing, but smiling.

"Awe, that's so cute..." I said, smiling widely.

"Look how red he is! Alicia's just a girl!" Fred said, laughing.

"As if you've never been red around a girl, Fred," Hermione said, her eyebrow raised.

"Well, yeah, but..." he stammered, laughing awkwardly.

"And at least George is already asking his girl to the ball, but yet, you're still dateless," Hermione joked.

"There's a reason for that," Fred said quickly.

"And that is?" Ronald said, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, she'll see," Fred said, winking at me. Then, he walked over to George and Alicia. They just got out of a hug, as Alicia ran over to me.

"George just asked me to the ball, Ella!" she said happily. I gave her a hug.

"I'm so happy for you! You're so much better than that dumb cunt any day," I said, laughing.

"Well, we should all go dress shopping on the same day," she said.

"Fine by me as long as we aren't with Johnson," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well, maybe I'll just meet you there or something, I dunno," she said. I could tell she didn't want to choose between friends.

"It's fine, hun. I'm going with Hermione, so it's not like if you didn't come with us I'd be alone," I said.

"Oh, okay," she smiled. "So did Fred ask you?"

"No, why?" I said.

"Rumor has it, he's planning on asking you," she said, smiling. I looked over towards where Fred, George, and Alicia were. Except there was one different - Angelina was with them, talking to Fred.

"What's she doing back down here?" I scoffed.

Ronald put his hands on my shoulders, just in case my anger got the best of me once more.

"It'll be okay, Ella," he said.

"I won't beat her face... today," I said, sighing.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Just then, Angelina walked away from Fred with a smile on her face. She stopped and looked at me.

"Hey, Elkin. Guess who's going with Fred Weasley to the ball? I'll give you a hint. Me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.