Mischief Managed

022.

I just looked at him, without saying a word. A small smile grew on his face, as he held me closer to him.

"The guy that did your makeup was my cousin, Ella. Right after you left, he got a hold of me and told me. Obviously, I talk about you all the time, so he knows who you are. I told him to say that about your eyes, though. I wanted to see if you would catch it when I tell you how beautiful they are tonight," he said.

"And what did Ronald mean when he said that he did this for me?"

"He talked to me earlier this morning. We planned this whole thing out. Everything that happened tonight was planned. Even Hermione taking you out to get your hair and makeup professionally done. And it wasn't her who paid for it. I paid for both of you, because I couldn't pay for yours but not hers," he said. "I just gave her the money to get it all done. Because I want your night to be perfect."

"It is now," I whispered, smiling.

He looked at me, smiling. He didn't just look at me, he looked deep within me. I had never seen a smile like that in all my life.

"I love you Ella," he said.

"I love you, Fred," I said back.

"Oh, and you know that dress?"

"Yes..." I said.

"You can thank me for giving you that," he said. "I knew you bought Ron new dress robes, so I bought you that dress. I knew you'd love it."

I looked at him and kissed him full on the lips.

"Want to go back inside and dance? It's only ten thirty," he said, smiling.

"I would love to," I said quietly and took his hand as we walked back into the Great Hall.

Once we walked inside, the song that was playing was a very upbeat one. Fred and I began to dance very crazy, to the point where eventually people were laughing and moving out of the way so they didn't get hit. By the end of the song, Fred hugged me tightly, and he left to go get us both some punch.

Suddenly, Angelina came up to me. She was wearing a stunning purple dress with her hair completely straight.

"Hey..." I said, trying not to sound too angry.

"I see you're having fun with my date," she said, raising her eyebrows.

"Oh don't you start," I said.

"You stole my date!" she said angrily.

"I didn't steal shit. He's the one who planned on making this my special night, you can even ask him," I said.

"I don't believe you would stoop this low, you stupid bitch," she shouted. A few people around us stopped and looked. Most of the others, however, did no such thing since they didn't even notice any fighting over the music.

"Elkin, I'm done with this pitiful arguing bullshit," Angelina sneered.

"Finally, you've decided to grow up," I said.

"So lets duel?" Angelina said, taking out her wand.

"That'd be fair considering my wand isn't with me at the moment," I told her. "What? Too much of a pussy to do this the old fashion way?"

"No, of course I'm not," she said loudly. Then, she walked right up to me and punched me in the face.

I gawked at her, not able to say anything. To be honest, I was just too stunned to realize that she got the balls to do anything to me.

"What? Not wanting to fight back again?" she cooed.

"Oh shut the fuck up," I said to her then punched her in the jaw. I heard a light crack, and then I completely lost it. I was punching her head, her face, her stomach. Within moments, I had brought her to the floor, still punching her harder and harder. She was kicking at me fiercly and punching wherever she could. I could feel blood dripping down my nose and from my lip.

I could see blood on my fists, and I saw blood on her nose. We were both grunting and shouting vulgar things at each other.

The music was still playing, but more and more people were crowding around to watch us fight. Punches were still being thrown, and then I felt hands attempting to pull me off.

"Ella!" It was Ronald, George, Fred, Harry, and Lee all grabbing onto me.

I kept trying to punch, but I was slowly getting pulled away from her. Then, once I was up, Angelina stayed on the ground whimpering in pain.

"Ella, you're all bloody... And you're dress. It's all bloody. Ella!" Hermione said frantically running up.

"The blood - on my face," I started, but was panting loudly, "is my blood. The blood on my knuckles, hands, and dress - is hers."

"All right! Freddie, you found yourself a kickass girl! It's one thing having her own blood on her, but the other girl's too?" George said, high-fiving Fred. I laughed, until McGonagall, Dumbledore, and Snape all ran up as soon as possible.

"Hospital wing. Both of you. Now," McGonagall said sternly. "I am very ashamed that you two girls cannot just set aside your differences!

"And you all come with us, too," she said, looking at Fred, George, Harry, Ronald, Hermione, Lee, Katie, and Alicia.

I sighed loudly.

"Miss Elkin?" McGonagall said sternly.

"Sorry," I murmured.

She said nothing back to me, and Fred gently rubbed my back, smiling at me. I smiled back, but then stopped at the site of Snape staring at me.

We followed the professors into the Hospital wing. Angelina and I both laid down in a bed, so Madam Pomfrey could heal our cuts and clean up all the blood.

"Why?" McGonagall said at once.

"She stole my date," Angelina said simply.

"Who threw the first punch?" McGonagall asked.

"Angelina," Ronald chimed in. "I saw them yelling."

"Mr Weasley, this is between me, Elkin, and Johnson," McGonagall said.

"Angelina did," I said.

"Who started the verbal language?"

"Angelina came up to me and yelled at me for "stealing" Fred," I said.

"And did you steal him?"

"No! They went together and then Fred ditched her for me. And she's pissy about it," I said.

"What! No!" Angelina said at once, in tears. "I just - he's my boyfriend! I love him! I'm fine that they danced together, that's no big deal, but -"

"Your boyfriend?" George said.

"Angelina, just because we went to the ball together does not make me your boyfriend," Fred said shaking his head.

"So you two aren't dating?" Ronald said sternly.

"No, we're not. I love Ella, not Angelina," Fred said, as Angelina whimpered.

I smiled at Fred, who smiled back.

"Very well," Dumbledore said. "Miss Elkin, Miss Johnson, I would like it if the two of you stayed in the Hospital Wing overnight so we can clean you both up. I will have your friends bring you both some comfortable clothes to change into. And, you will be sleeping on opposite sides."

"What about punishment?" Snape said, smiling.

"Ah, I see no need for punishment. Just fifty points gone from each and all will be well," Dumbledore said once more. "Now, friends, go get Miss Elkin and Johnson clothes to sleep in. Myself and Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape must get back to the ball. Ah, only ten minutes left to spare and it'll all be over."

I looked over at Fred. Hermione and Katie left to get us clothes, the rest stayed. Angelina and Alicia went to the opposite side of the Hospital Wing, as Harry, Ronald, Fred, George, and Lee all sat beside my bedside.

I sighed, looking at Fred. "I wish we could've danced together for the last song," I whispered to him. He nodded softly but said nothing.

Moments later, Hermione ran in quickly. She threw my clothes on the floor beside me.

"You and Fred - go back - to the ball - now," she panted. "Talked to Dumbledore - he told me - to tell you - to go."

Fred grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"Hurry!"

He put his arm around me as we walked quickly back to the Great Hall, just as the last song started.

"Ella Elkin, may I have this dance?" Fred said, holding a straight face and bowing. I laughed.

"You may, Fred Weasley," I said rolling my eyes jokingly.

He held me close to him, and wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest, as we swayed slowly back and forth.

"Ella, can I ask you a question?" Fred whispered.

"Anything," I said back.

"Look at me," he said.

We stopped swaying, but our arms were still wrapped tightly around each other. I looked at him, then he kissed me gently.

"Ella Elkin, will you be my girlfriend?" he said, smiling softly.

"Of course," I said back, kissing him once more. The song ended, but we stood still together.

"Are you ready to go back to the Hospital Wing?" he asked.

"No, but I have to anyway," I said, laughing.

"Come on, you'll get fixed up and you can leave tomorrow morning," he said, wrapping his arm around me and kissing my forehead. I grabbed a hold of his free hand, he squeezed mine tight.

And together, we walked back to the Hospital Wing, both unable to hold in our smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry for long waits. D:

(: (: (: