Mischief Managed

023

The next morning I woke up, and hurriedly went back to the Gryffindor common room. Angelina was already gone, seeing as her bed was completely made, cleaned, and empty. I walked in quickly, my hair flying everywhere. Those that weren’t already in the Great Hall eating breakfast smiled at me, waved, and complimented my fighting and my looks last night. I said my thanks and ran upstairs to my room. Hermione was sitting on her bed, reading.

“There you are!” she said, smiling. “I was waiting for you. Want to go have breakfast now?”

“Hermione! We’re together! We’re together!” I said loudly, smiling as big as I had ever. She got up, and hugged me tightly.

“I told you things would work out,” she said, as if she had already knew we were together.

“That little ass told you already, didn’t he?” I said, laughing.

“Yes..” she said, blushing. “He was just so excited.”

“He’s lucky I love him,” I said, laughing.

“Okay, I’m hungry. Let’s go,” she said.

I took a quick look at myself in the mirror. “Oh god Hermione. Let me clean myself up first!” I said to her, laughing. “I look horrible.”

“Like you just got into a fist fight last night and spent the whole night in the hospital wing?” she said, giggling.

“Exactly,” I said, back, as I swished my wand, removing all of my makeup. Then, I quickly threw my hair up and we went downstairs.

“The boys are already down there,” she said.

“Oh, alright,” I said back to her as we walked.

“So, was your night totally perfect?” Hermione asked, smiling to herself.

“It was alright, I guess,” I said back. “Oh, who am I kidding? It was a dream come true!”

She smiled at me, as I smiled back.

“I’m glad things worked out for you two. I really am,” she said to me.

“Me too, Hermione, me too,” I said to her.

Finally, we reach the Great Hall and immediately spotted Harry, Ronald, Fred, and George sitting at the Gryffindor table, eating and talking. They all looked at us and smiled. We walked over to them, Hermione sitting next to Ronald and me sitting across from her, next to Fred.

“Good morning, how are you feeling?” Fred asked me.

“Like I just won a fight against a stupid bitch,” I said, laughing. The rest joined in and we immediately filled our plates with breakfast food and ate quickly.

“So now onto more serious matters, have either of you two figured out that egg yet?” Hermione asked at once.

“Nope,” I said, popping the ‘p’. Harry agreed by adding ‘what she said’.

“Guys, you really need to get a start on it. It could take weeks to figure out, for all you know,” Hermione said.

“Oh Hermione, give them a break. It’s the day after Christmas, everyone is finally happy. Let’s just have a relaxing day for once in our lives, without having to worry about anything,” Ronald said.

“Ron. This could kill them. This tournament is not something to take lightly. You two do realize this, right?” she pressed.

“Yes, Hermione,” Harry said. “I don’t think a days rest will hurt us.”

“But it could kill you,” she said angrily.

“Hermione, please. I promise I’ll look into it more tomorrow, okay? For just today, I want to relax,” I told her at once. Afterwards, she dropped it.

Once we were done with breakfast, we all headed back to the Gryffindor Common Room and took the empty area by the fire.

“So what’s going on today?” Ronald asked.

“Well, me and Ella are going on our first official date as a couple,” Fred said happily.

“We are?” I asked.

“Sure are,” he answered, smiling.

“Where to?”

“You’ll see,” he winked, as I gently shoved him.

“I’m just hanging with Lee,” George said.

“I don’t really know, to be honest,” Harry and Hermione both said together.

“Maybe we can visit Hagrid while Ella and Fred are gone? We can see how his Christmas went,” Harry said.

“Sounds like a plan,” Ronald said, smiling.

“Well, Ella, go get ready so we can leave,” Fred said, smiling.

“Where are we going?” I asked again.

“Just wait and see,” he answered slyly. I sighed and got up, with Hermione.

The two of us walked upstairs without saying a word to each other. Once we got into our dorm, she shut the door.

“Where do you think you two are going?” she asked childishly, with a small smile.

“I honestly don’t have a clue,” I told her, just as I got out a pair of black leggings, black boots, and my cutest sweater-dress. Quickly, I put the outfit on, then put on makeup, very lightly.

“You look adorable!” Hermione giggled.

“Thanks,” I said, smiling, as I began to curl my hair gently and pinned it to the side.

“I think I’m ready,” I said, looking at myself in the mirror. “How do I look?”

“Perfect. But you need a necklace,” she answered at once.

I got into my jewelry drawer and picked out my favorite necklace, that read the word ‘Love’ in cursive italics.

“Now perfect,” she said, smiling widely.

“Thanks,” I told her.

Together, we walked downstairs. Fred was with George, sitting by the fire and talking quietly. He was dressed quite nicely. As soon as he saw me, he smiled gently.

“Ready?” he asked at once.

“As long as you are,” I told him smiling.

“Hermione, Harry and Ron already went down to Hagrid’s. They said to meet them there,” George said to Hermione. She nodded, and left. “And I’m going to go catch up with Lee. We’re having a snowball fight! Bye love birds, have fun!”

“Shut up George,” I said, laughing.

Then, Fred took my hand in his and we started walking out the common room.

“So where are we going?” I asked for the third time.

“You’re so impatient, aren’t you?” he said, laughing.

“Yes, I am!” I told him.

“You’ll see!” he said.

“Ugh,” I said, just as we reached outside the castle.

It was snowing lightly, no sun shining.

“Dammit, I forgot a jacket,” I said as soon as the cold air met my skin.

“That’s okay, I grabbed it for you,” Fred said, as he put my jacket on me.

“What would I do without you?” I said to him.

“I knew you’d forget it,” he shrugged. “I guess I just know you too well.”

“I guess so.”

We didn’t talk for the rest of the walk. Soon, we reached a small little hut, just inside of Hogwarts grounds. Snow covered its top, snowmen all surrounding its outsides. The hut was no bigger than Hagrid’s, but much more beautiful. Warm candles were lit in the windows, showing some bright lights around the windows. It was dark now, so the light hit the snow covering the windowsill’s just perfect.

“Fred? What is this place?” I gasped, staring at it.

“It’s a hut. Sometimes Dumbledore comes here whenever he needs some quiet time away from the castle. I asked him if I could borrow it for the two of us tonight and he said it was fine. No one else knows its here,” he told me.

“How did you know?”

“What kind of question is that? I’m Fred Weasley,” he answered, smiling lightly.

“Well, then that explains it,” I laughed.

He opened the door for me, and I walked in, wiping my feet on the beautiful brown rug. I looked inside and gasped. It was absolutely beautiful. A fire place, with a fleece blanket laying perfectly in front of it. On the walls were paintings of trees, flowers, oceans, and just nature in general. The fire was the only source of light, apart from the candles in the two windows.

“Fred, it’s beautiful…” I told him.

“Not as beautiful as you,” he said, just as he took off my jacket and hung it up beside his on the coat rack.

I blushed, and smiled at him. He grabbed my hand, and we walked to the blanket and sat down next to each other. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I could feel his heartbeat slowly thumping.

“I can’t believe you would do this for me,” I said to him quietly.

“I would do anything for you,” he answered.

I looked at him and smiled, just as our lips met. However, they did not depart. He gently began running his fingers through my hair, as I did his. I felt his tongue slide into my mouth as we kissed. Within a few moments, we stopped and looked at each other, both smiling.

“You’re perfect,” he said to me.

“No I’m not, I have flaws,” I told him, but I couldn’t help but smile.

“That’s what makes you perfect,” he told me.

“Oh Fred,” I said smiling up at him.

He smiled back at me, as our lips met once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long wait! :(