Status: Finished :) Would love your comments!

Crimson (Book One)

Anger Boils

*Third person narrative*

Corbin sat eating a great feast that had been prepared; he sat thinking of the best way in which to kill the girl, Charlotte. Should he do it in front of the other hunters? Should he do it slowly? Quickly or as painfully as possible?
He was still unsure.
A small girl with bright crimson eyes came rushing into the room.
“Sir! Sir! They escaped! They’ve gone sir!” she cried to Corbin
“What are you on about girl?” Corbin hissed
“The hunters they escaped!” she cried once more.
Corbin shouted in rage before crashing through the room towards the room which had held the hunters. When he arrived it was indeed empty. How did they escape?
He looked around, then he felt it, a small breeze, he looked up, shouting in anger when he realised that they had simply gone out of the window.
He flitted to the Vampire king’s room, a room so large it could fit a whole family in, great drapes hung from the bed and great oak furniture painted the blackest black were in the corners of the room, but blood of his past victims stained the floor as Fakir had his blood feasts brought to him. Corbin knocked cautiously.
“What?!” Fakir shouted
“I bring grave news sire... the hunters have escaped” Corbin said kneeling in front of the king, he looked no older than forty, his dark hair slicked back, his cheek bones looked prominent and his eyes pierce you as if looking into your heart for its precious load of new blood.
“I told you to control them! I told you that you were to keep them locked up, we had a deal! I made you into a vampire to make you my key weapon and you fail me on one simple task!” Fakir growled violently.
“Sire, I had Zane’s pack sort out the room, this is no fault of mine...” Corbin was interrupted swiftly.
“Sir the hunters in chains are gone!” a gaunt looking vampire said quickly also rushing into the room
“Can no one control those god damn hunters? Must I do this myself? How did they escape?!” Fakir said furiously
“They had help sire, a girl, I think it may be the girl Corbin here is looking for” the vampire said nervously
Fakir’s eyes got darker, suddenly black, his anger flared as he took the young vampires head ripping it from his shoulders screaming in anger. He turned to Corbin, eyes darker than the night sky.
“I will give you one last chance boy, find them all and kill them” he said before flitting back into his room.
Corbin stood still for a moment wondering what he was to do next. He had to find Charlotte, and then he would find the rest of the vermin.
But he would get Charlotte first.
He would kill them.