Status: Finished :) Would love your comments!

Crimson (Book One)

He's Alive

*Charlotte’s POV*

“Jett! Sandra!” I cried out, before me was a very torn and timid looking Jett, he was alive, but how could that be? Sandra sat calmly next to him, quietly.
“It is you Charlotte! I never thought you would come, he told me you all thought I was dead; he said he used another shape-shifter to make you believe I was dead. When shape-shifters take a shape and die while in that shape they stay in that same shape. Corbin had someone shift into me, they didn’t know what hit them, he killed them, kidnapped me and I’ve been in here ever since” Jett said quietly.
“Right... I’m going to get you both out of here” I said finding my lock picks that I had stored within my jacket.
“So you’re going to pick the lock, release us, then what? How are we going to get out without detection?” Sandra asked
“I got in here didn’t I? We go back out the window, down the rope and out, just like how I got in” I replied, I had released Sandra and began working on Jett’s chains.
“You’re lucky that you even got in here but you’re right, we go the way you came, it’s the only way” she sighed
Finally I had released both Sandra and Jett, I explained what we were to do, jump up and out the window, keep low, then climb down the rope and then quickly move through the trees and bushes back to the hideout.
Simple right? That’s what I thought would happen.
We jumped out of the window, Jett needed a little help as he had little energy and he would need that to run. We kept low heading towards the rope.
“I’ll go first, Charlotte you then haul the rope back up and tie it around Jett and slowly lower him down, I’ll untie him and you come down, oh and can I please have some sort of weapon?” Sandra whispered.
I handed her two large sleek knives that she kept between her belt as she quickly lowered herself down the rope. She signalled for Jett to come down, I quickly and quietly brought the rope up, tying it around Jett securely.
I could hear a large commotion the other side of the building, as I lowered Jett I heard the shouts.
“Triple the watch! The hunters have escaped! Find them! NOW!” The voice shouted angrily.
We had to go, we had to go now. Jett finally reached the bottom, he was untied, but before I could lower myself down we heard footsteps coming around the corner. I signalled for them to leave without me, they faltered not wanting to leave me but they knew the risk and left quickly. I didn’t have time to bring the rope back up before two muscular werewolves came around the corner.
I quickly lowered myself to the roof so I couldn’t be seen, hoping they wouldn’t notice the rope hanging from the building.
A loud piercing howl sounded, the wolves had found the rope, and they were going to find me.

The once muscular men had now turned into ferocious looking wolves.
Vampires and werewolves now surrounded the building, I was stuck.
“Shit” I cursed quietly, but I hadn’t been quiet enough, they heard me, now they were heading up the rope towards me, and I took my knife out of the pocket it was in, standing upon the roof watching as three creatures headed towards me.
“Where is she?! Nobody touch her!” a voice called, I recognised the voice immediately, Corbin.
The three hideous creatures stood still, ready to attack at command as Corbin climbed the rope up towards the roof.
“Move!” he commanded and the three parted ways.
There he stood, but something was different, his eyes now burned red.
Now he stood as a vampire.
“Well... well... well... here you are, I wondered how long it would take you to get here, you released my prisoners but got yourself into quite a mess didn’t you?” he grinned
“I always have a back-up plan Corbin” I lied; I had no back-up plan at all.
“Don’t make me laugh, you have no plan, you’re on your own you stupid girl” he said walking closer to me, I backed up, almost at the edge, below and behind me there was a car sitting under where I was standing, no one was guarding this side of the building. I could jump onto the car and try to escape either that or be killed by the gloating Corbin.
“Being on your own is a help sometimes Corbin, you don’t have to worry about others...” another howl was heard on the other side of the site.
Corbin looked angered.
“What’s going on now!” he shouted to the nearest werewolf.
“Hunters, there’s an attack happening” he responded, I smirked, help had arrived, but I was still stuck, loud shots could be heard from the guns, growls and screams. I hoped all those I knew were safe and would live on, I had to try and escape Corbin’s grasp.
While he was distracted I slowly walked backwards towards the very edge of the roof, I made sure I was exactly above the car, this was sure to hurt as I landed but it was that or die, I chose the car.
Corbin and the creatures were too busy to see my movements; I crouched down and propelled myself off the roof and landed on the roof of the car on my front.
I tried to get up, my legs felt fine but my arm shot with pain. I looked above me before taking off on foot. They still had yet to notice I’d gone.
The way was clear, most of the creatures must have gone to the battle now commencing on the other side, to get out I had to go through the mass of old houses they were using as bases. Every step shot pain through my arm, it seems to be broken, I had to get it into a better position, I quickly hid myself into one of the old houses, I ripped part of the old shirt I had on to make a sling for my arm.
Once I had done this I took a quick look out from the house, a group of creatures and Corbin were heading towards the building, Corbin looked ferocious, his eyes gleamed red through the now darkness as night had fallen.
Fires were now raging in the houses all around, the wind had picked up, and the buildings looked like an old abandoned street. I began to run again, wind whipping through my long hair that had fallen from its tie.
I was in trouble... Corbin was hot on my tail.