Status: Finished :) Would love your comments!

Crimson (Book One)

Training

Its early morning as the sun rises over the hilltops, and sitting by the wondrous site is a petite little cottage. Ivy climbs the whitewashed walls, giving the quaint little cottage an extra touch of nature. In this house lives the Cazador family, a family of mass mystery to the human eye, beautiful looks, intelligence and they seem a very close nit family, always leaving the house for long amounts of time.
The truth being that this family are hunters, saviours of the human race, killers of vampires and werewolves alike.
This story starts in the room of a girl, 19 years of age, brown straight hair, blue beautiful bright eyes and a gorgeous figure that any woman would love to have. Her room is a simple cream colour, pictures hang on the walls of what seems to be friends and family, to her, they mean so much more. The girl lies sleeping in her small single bed, arm falling from by her side off the bed as it lightly touches the floor. The faint noises of footsteps sound and then a deep Spanish accent calls through the dark wooden door.

“Charlotte wake up, come on, you have training today” the voice calls to the girl. She awakens slowly rising and stretching as she heads towards a petite ensuite bathroom. Twenty minutes later the girl walks out the bathroom fully dressed in her favourite clothes, a rose red crop top, black tight trousers and a small leather jacket.

Charlotte’s POV (Point of view)

As I’m now dressed and read I walk downstairs to find my father making my breakfast, bacon, hash-browns, sausage, beans and egg with toast, I know what you’re thinking, how can a girl like me eat such a breakfast, well the thing is I’m not the average girl, I have been training and hunting evil creatures for most of my life, so this means that sometimes I have to go without proper meals for weeks on end if we get called on a last minute job. Sometimes our missions take a lot of time as we have to know the area around us, who and what we are attacking and whether there are any humans with them, we have to scout the place for a few days to learn their ways and then when we see a great opportunity to strike, we strike hard, hoping to kill those dreadful beasts that humans could only dream and write about.

“Dad, where’s mum” I ask.
“She’s out scouting a new site that has been said to hold some humans captured by Zane’s group of rabid dogs” he says in disgust. Zane, the leader or “Alpha” of the werewolf kind, he knows no kindness, just as the vampires know none, killing at will just for blood, meat and control.
“How many humans are said to be in there?” I ask my father in curiosity.
“15 roughly, we’re unsure of what condition they are in though, for all we know they could have been turned already, I can’t wait to get my knife into them son-of-a-bitches hearts” my fathers’ hate sounds within his deep Spanish accent.
We finished breakfast and begin our way to the training hall by foot, running in the morning helps keep me fit and warms my muscles up ready for whatever in the day is to come.
We arrive at the large hall, which from the outside looks like a large, old barn; most humans would think not to go near it so it’s the perfect training facility. In truth, this is definitely no barn, new technology transforms the inside into a spacious hunter training hall, with many rooms that go underground. We have technology that not even the humans have yet to discover.
My father lifts the old wooden plank that hides the identifier, scanning his hand to prove his identity. The barn doors open automatically to show the small entrance hall, as we walk in one of my trainers, and my father and mothers’ friend greets us with a kind smile.
“Good morning Alejandro, Charlotte.” She greets.
“Good morning Sandra, has my wife returned yet?” my father asks.
“Not yet, she is due in, in about an hour, you are welcome to come and watch the young ones train if you wish. Which reminds me, Charlotte everyone is here already so go to the training hall, and we’re doing agility today” Sandra says to us both.
“Thanks Sandra, you coming to watch dad?” I turn and say to my father.
“Hmm, yes I think I will, it’s been a while since I’ve watched you train” he says as my father, Sandra and I begin to walk to the training hall.
The training hall is the biggest hall in the building which is equipped so anything can be done within the hall, and I do mean anything.

“CHARLOTTE!” I hear my name shouted by four very excited people, my best friends, Tony, Alex, Aala and Blake. I’ve known these guys the whole of my life, our parents themselves were best friends and in a group so it’s only natural that we are too. Tony is a 20year old blonde, muscular, fun guy, and out of the four of them I would say is my closest friend. Alex is also 20, has brown messy hair (although it’s not the bad messy look, to be honest it makes him look pretty hot), don’t let his looks fool you though, he’s very smart and is usually the one to make a plan spontaneously within minutes. Aala is a year younger than me, her being 18 and is the only other girl other than me in the group, she’s very sweet and loving and gives the most amazing cuddles ever, she’s the opposite to me, she speaks her mind, I act upon mine, usually getting me into more trouble, makes us the perfect pair though as she helps me to deal with problems I may have. Lastly is Blake, he also is 18, although he looks younger as he still has yet to mature a bit, he is usually the one to be a bit of a joker and make the mood light hearted.
“Hey guys, long time no see” I say jokily, truth be told, I saw them yesterday.
“You’re such an idiot Charlotte” Tony laughs giving me a small hug hello as the others all join in too.
“Okay guys, get off me, all this love is going to make me sappy” I say as I push them off.
“You? Sappy? Ha! Seize the day Charlotte goes sappy” Blake teases and shoves me playfully.
“Oh shut up twit-face” I say back playfully.
The doors to the hall open behind it and in walks Felix, our other hunter trainer. Felix is the toughest out of him and Sandra, he pushes us out of our boundaries, making us stronger, the stronger we are the better, it does help but it’s very hard work. Although he can be fun and he’s amazing with the knives that we train with.
“Morning guys, I’m going to go really hard on you guys today, I want to see how well your doing, as most of you know we are doing agility training today, if you didn’t know, well you do now” he told us.
Felix then walked up to the stand at the end of the hall where my father and Sandra were standing, the booth contained buttons and leavers that controlled the whole room, suddenly the booth rose up and out of the way, giving them a better view of us and away from whatever training we were going to be doing today.
“Okay guys, the beams are going to rise up, get on them quick then we’re going to really test you, stay on them or you’re out, good luck” Sandra’s voice shrilled out of the loud speaker.
Slowly big metal balance beams started rising on the floor, we raced to get on them, bracing ourselves for what was to come.
“Charlotte, do you hear that?” Tony asks. I did hear it, the walls were moving.
“Yes, guys something in the walls is moving, be careful” I said to the others.
Suddenly there was a loud bang as a hole opened in the wall and a large heavy looking ball shot out trying to hit us. It crashed right past me, nearly knocking me off my feet.
“That was way too close for my liking” I breathe.
Soon those big heavy balls begin shooting from every angle possible, to our best ability as we ducked, dived, dodged, jumped and leaped around helping each other not get hit by them. I then spot a ball about to come out that will go straight into Aala.
“Aala behind you, move now!” I shout and bound over to near where she is, just in time to help steady her on the beam.
“Holy shit! Felix are you trying to kill me!” she shouts to the booth, all we hear is his soft chuckle coming from the speaker.
After what seemed hours the balls began to slow and become few. The claxon sounds and the beams begin to lower, taking the heavy balls with them, also bringing down the three in the booth.
“Well I can’t believe it, all of you managed to stay up on the beam, damn my plan to get you all off failed, oh well maybe next time” Felix chuckled giving us a wink as he then walked out of the room.
“Great job guys! You’re going to do us proud, you can now go have some lunch, then when you’ve finished go to the weaponry house and pick the weapon you’re not best at, then get training, we’ll be there soon, we just have to go and be debriefed on the scout Katrina went on, see you later” she said happily. My father still stood there looked at me with pure pride, and then walked up to me giving me a great enveloping hug.
“Well done my hija, you’re so much like your mother” he said proudly, he then gave me one last hug as he left boldly from the hall.
“What the bloody hell does hija mean?” Blake said confused.
“Its daughter in Spanish you twit” Alex says matter-of-factly.
“I’m not a twit!” he says getting into Alex’s face.
“Yes you are!” Alex replies.
“Not”
“Are”
“Not”
“Are”
“No....”
“Shut up!” Tony, Aala and I shout at them, they look at us surprised and suddenly burst out laughing.
“Bloody children” I say in my ‘Motherly tone’.
“We are not children!” they whine.
“Well, at least you’re agreeing on something, now can we go get some food please” Tony says as he pushes both boys towards the door.

When we arrive to the cafeteria it has very few people in it, just how we like it, when its busy people tend to get nasty with us because we act ‘childish’, but we just like to have fun when we can, as when it comes to hunting we have to lower the fun factor.
The cafeteria is filled with fresh aromas that stimulate your senses to the point you’re so hungry it’s unbelievable.
We collect our food and sit at a table ready to devour the delicious meal before us.
“Gafe bo purd der mews het” Tony mumbles while eating.
“Tony, finish your mouthful and then say that again” I say to him.
“Sorry, have you heard the news yet?” he says.
“No, what news?” Alex replies.
“Well, apparently Master Henry Pike infiltrated the were-wolf den the other day while it was deserted and bumped into no less the queen of the dogs, killed her straight off” he said.
“You’ve got to be joking” Aala says shocked.
“No joke” he says taking another mouthful of food, finishing his plate.
“Wow, they are not going to be happy with that, we’re going to have to watch out even more, they are going to be after our blood... oh, wait, they already are, hahahaha” Blake jokes.
I smack him on the head.
“Ow what was that for?!” He moans.
“For making a crap joke” I reply.
We carry on talking about the latest news in the hunter world, and soon enough we all finish our lunches, full of delight as we make our way to the weaponry.
Now for the best part of the day, weapon training. We have a large selection of weapons these include:
Crossbows,
Stakes,
Swords,
Guns,
Knives,
Bow and arrows,
Mallets,
Axes.
There are many weapons to chose from, today we have to chose what we have the most trouble with, for me, that’s the axe.
Tony chooses the bow and arrow, Alex with a gun, Aala with a mallet and Blake with a sword.
We choose these on a touch screen laptop which makes our chosen weapons appear in front of us to take.
We then go into the selected booths for our chosen weapon. Then we follow the screen on what to do, it gives us tips on best positioning, and angles of the weapon to use. We then have to use the weapon against an animatronic creature.
After a while Sandra and Felix walk into the weaponry house watching our development.
“Tony, keep that hand to your mouth” Sandra says gesturing his positioning.

Both Felix and Sandra help us for the rest of the day with our weapons, most of us now know our worst weapons a lot better than we previously did.
“Okay guys usually we would say you could go home but your wanted in the library” Felix tells us.
“The library!? Why?” I ask
“Get going and you’ll find out” he says as we are made to leave the weaponry house.
“What do you think it is Alex?” Aala asks timidly.
“I don’t know, I doubt its anything big” He replies.
I wonder what is going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment :) i want to know what you guys think. Also have a look at my character page if you havn't already :D