Status: Story will be extremely slow updating. Sorry.

Sweet Child of Mine

Backless Black Dress?

Cadence and Castiel found themselves in the middle of Mexico City, the market place buzzing with people. Cadence jumped back as a man wheeling a cart full of fruit cut in front of her. Castiel held onto her, holding her protectively against him. He continued to hold onto her arm as he pulled her through the market to a secluded alley.

“Why are we here?” asked Cadence.

“This place is popular in Heaven.”

“You would think it would be the Middle East.”

“That is the birth place of Jesus Christ. It is of great importance to us, but the angels enjoy coming here.”

“Why?”

“The gods here host great celebrations.”

Cadence laughed, “You angels gettin’ crunk on the weekends?”

Castiel didn’t respond to her statement, but instead replied with, “I’m hoping that one of the higher gods here have talked to my Father.”

“Does he come over every Friday night?”

“On the days when they aren’t feasting on a human sacrifice, yes.”

Cadence nodded, pleasantly surprised, “Nice to know God can be buddy-buddy with others.”

“My Father believes that in order for there to be tolerance on Earth, there must be tolerance among the rulers of other religions as well.”

Cadence nodded, feeling some new respect for the man she didn’t really believe in. She also gained a new understanding of Castiel’s need to find God. Looking into his eyes and he talked about God and His tolerance policy, she saw the need to be in His presence. She was suddenly reminded of a child wanting to find its father. Her heart ached to fill the void that had developed in Castiel’s life. She knew all too well what it’s like to long for the touch and comfort of a parent, and she would be damned if Castiel should end up like her: parentless, cold, and alone.

“So, where do we need to go,” asked Cadence.

“We need to find a servant… a high priest, someone who will help us find out which god we would want to visit.”

“Would we be able to get an invite?”

Castiel looked at her, and expression of slight embarrassment crossed over him.

“What?” Cadence didn’t like the look.

“I’m hoping… you will be the reason for the invite.”

“I’m sorry?”

“The gods here enjoy virgins.”

“Yeah, to sacrifice!”

“I don’t plan on letting that happen to you.”

Cadence nodded, “Well… that’s good to know, I guess.”

“We’re… going to have to dress you up.”

Cadence frowned, “Like what? Do you want me to put on a gold bra and sex it out like Princess Leah?”

Castiel frowned this time, “I don’t know who that is.”

“And that’s a damn shame.”

“I have some pesos… the outfit would have to be of this culture.”

“Do you have a visual in mind?”

“The less… clothing… the better.”

Cadence sighed and nodded, “Fan-fucking-tastic.”

She and Castiel walked back into the market place, their eyes looking for any booth selling clothing. Cadence looked around nervously, never having been a fan of crowds. She held onto Castiel’s hand where she found the only comfort life could provide her with at this moment.

Castiel let Cadence hold onto him. He could read the beginning stages of panic in her eyes. He let her slowly pick her way through the market, the feeling of her hand in his providing a strange feeling to go through him. He wanted to ask Cadence what it was he was feeling, but he couldn’t put it to words. He would have to talk to Dean about it later.

The two of them walked half a mile through the city streets when finally they found what they wanted. It was a large stand looked after by a large woman with long black hair. Her makeup reminded Cadence of a mix between a clown and a porcelain doll. The stand she was managing had small articles of clothing that made Cadence cringe when she looked at them. There were shirts that many people would have mistaken for swim tops. The skirts – if that’s what you could call them – were two pieces of cloth attached to a band. It reminded her of the outfits worn by actresses in Bollywood, but without the beads and coins.

Castiel waited as Cadence went through looking at her options. The woman left her desk and wobbled over to her, “Hola bonita ¿como usted?” Hello beautiful, how are you?

Cadence smiled, “Bien, gracias. ¿Y usted?” Good, thank you. And you?

“Muy bien. Muy bien.” Very good. Very good.

The two women continued to talk, “How many I help you?”

Cadence touched a top and said, “I’m looking to buy an outfit.”

The woman smiled, “Yes, yes, what for?”

Cadence pointed at Castiel, “Es mi esposo.” He is my husband.

The woman smiled, “El es muy guapo, ¿no?” He is very handsome, no?

Cadence nodded, “Sí. Celebranos aniversidad segundo esta noches.” Yes. We’re celebrating our second anniversary tonight.

She smiled, “You want to make it special?”

“Yes.”

“You came to the right place.”

Castiel watched the two women converse in Spanish, a skill he didn’t know Cadence possessed. He was too far away to hear the details of the conversation, but he was pretty sure it was about him. He stood in one spot, letting everyone else maneuver around him. Cadence was with the lady for only a few minutes then was finally released.

“Grasias, adios.” Thank you, good bye.

“Buenos tarde.” Good evening.

Walking over to Castiel, Cadence wrapped her arm around his and the two walked away. Castiel turned a corner of a building and the two found themselves inside a hotel lobby. He booked them a room and there they were able to talk.

“So um… what are we going to do now?” Cadence asked.

“You change while I secure a meeting with the god.”

“Should that take long?”

“No.”

She nodded and the angel was gone. Looking down at the skimpiest outfit she ever saw, she sighed and pulled off her shirt, replacing it with the strapless top that cut off under her chest. Her pants were replaced with the bottom. There was sort of a saddle in it which would cover anything that it needed to, and there were to pieces of cloth that went down her front and then her back. Her legs were exposed and she was thankful that she had shaved recently. Going into the bathroom, she found her bag and dug through it for anything she could do to her hair and her face. Finding hair ties and makeup, she sent out to make herself look presentable to a god.

Whatever that meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it has been a while since I've used my Spanish speaking skills, and according to my teacher I've never been good at composing a sentence in the language, so I'm sorry if it is in any way incorrect.

Comments?

Oh! And this is how I picture her outfit to look. (I love this movie by the way. HA!)
Image