Status: Story will be extremely slow updating. Sorry.

Sweet Child of Mine

Mama, Can You Hear Me?

Cadence opened her eyes slowly, finding a room she was unfamiliar with. Looking down she found herself still in her skimpy dress, gold jewelry and all. Down stairs she heard distorted voices and homely clanks. Sitting up she held her head in her hands for a moment, her forehead feeling like it would rip open at any moment. Her right arm ached, and wasn’t able to be raised very high. She stood from the bed, and using the wall for support, made her way down stairs.

The bottom of the stairs led into a kitchen where she found Ellen and Jo sitting at a table, breakfast in front of them. Both women turned as Cadence entered the room and both shot up to help.

“Easy there, babe,” said Ellen, “Take is slow.”

Cadence nodded, the words that she wanted to say not reaching her mouth. Ellen and Jo sat her down in a chair, Jo placing a cup of water, a cup of milk, and a cup of orange juice in front of her. Ellen set a plate of meat, eggs, and toast down. Both waited as they watched her eat, the food disappearing from the plate with an alarming speed. After eating, Cadence felt better, her headache becoming no more than a dull throb in the middle of her forehead.

“How are you feeling, Cadence,” asked Ellen.

Nodding she replied, “Been better.” Talking hurt.

“What happened?” This was asked by Jo.

“Mexico City… Aztec… gods… attacked.”

“You were… attacked by Aztec gods?”

“Story… when talking… better.”

Both women nodded, but Jo asked, “Why are you dressed like that?”

“Sacrifice.”

The jaws of both women dropped, but they recovered quickly. Ellen took Cadence’s plate and filled it again, thankful this time that she ate slowly. She finished her glass of orange juice and sighed, “I’m really tired.”

“Would you like to go back up stairs?” Ellen asked.

“No. I need to control my sleeping habits.”

“Your throat feels better?” Jo asked.

“Yeah.” Cadence took a sip of the milk, “Castiel took me to Mexico City. His plan was to pass me off as a possible sacrifice to a god. His hope was to find the one that God dines with.”

“Did he find him,” asked Jo, “The god he wanted?”

Cadence nodded, “The Aztec sun god.”

“Holy shit,” said Jo.

“This outfit was needed to look like a sacrifice. We got there, they told us God wasn’t around, that the Devil could be killed, and then they wouldn’t let us go.”

“Wait, the gods did this to you,” asked Ellen.

“Who’s killing the Devil,” asked Jo.

Cadence took another drink and replied, “Dean. He’s crazy but apparently it can work.”

Raising her left hand to her head, Cadence groaned as she touched the spot on her head where it hit the floor. Her headache roared into life again as her finger grazed over it, but went away when she brought her hand back down.

“Castiel tried to heal you,” said Ellen, “He managed to get you to stop bleeding, but that’s it.”

“At least I can see again.”

“Hit your head that hard?”

Cadence nodded.

“You should go back to bed,” said Jo, “That’s not good.”

Ellen helped Cadence up the stairs and back into the bed. As she helped Cadence down, Castiel appeared, “Good lord, Cas, nearly gave me a heart attack.”

“Sorry.” Walking over to Cadence he asked, “How is she?”

“I’m fine,” replied Cadence, “Thanks.”

“May I ask you to leave,” he asked looking over at Ellen. She nodded, “Thank you.”

“Do you want to sit down,” asked Cadence patting a spot on the bed. Ellen left the room, closing the door behind her.

Castiel took the spot on the bed, “Cadence, I want you to know that I am very sorry for what happened to you. I told you that I would protect you, but-”

“Castiel, it’s okay.” Cadence gave a smile at the angel, noticing for the umpteenth time how attractive his vessel was. His personality was cute in the innocent child kind of way, but it was all of him put together that gave him his appeal.

“I failed to protect you.”

“But you still saved me, and I thank you for that.”

Castiel said nothing.

“Can I… ask you something?”

He nodded.

“What did the god mean when he said my blood was angelic?”

He didn’t answer.

Trying again she asked, “Was my grandmother and angel?”

Again he didn’t answer.

“At night I have these dreams where I’m in battle with her. Sometimes I watch her too much and almost get killed, but she always comes to help me. When the battle is over she always calls me by your name. So I’m wondering, is that how you know her?”

“I have yet to talk to Bobby.”

Cadence nodded, “Well, thank you again Castiel.” Sitting up, she leaned forward and placed a kiss on the angel’s cheek. Pulling away, she left her face close and smiled.

“We make a good team,” she added, “We should partner up! You being in command and I being your right hand gal.”

Castiel frowned, “I would rather not.”

“Are you seriously going to let this dictate our relationship?”

Castiel shook his head, “I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I’m fine. I’m a hunter. Getting hurt is part of the job.”

Castiel looked at her, his eyes flashing down to her outfit then he looked away, flustered. “I brought your clothes.”

“Awesome!”

“I’ll leave you to change.”

“Um… I need help. I can’t raise my right arm high enough to work the material over my head.”

“I’ll get Ellen.” The angel walked down stairs, but came back up with a note, “She and Jo went to town.”

“Riding on a pony?”

“No. In a car.”

Cadence laughed. “I’m going to have to educate you, my friend.”

Cadence moved for her bag on the floor and took our a shirt, her right arm sitting in her lap. She struggled to get her arm through a sleeve hole. Castiel came over and helped her, working the shirt over her head. His fingers touched her skin, something he wanted to do. Cadence leaned into his touch, letting out a sigh. Turning her back to the angel she asked, “Could you untie the blue top?”

Castiel was hesitant at first, but eventually reached under her shirt and untied the top, pulling out the strings so he could slip the material off of her. Turning back to the angel she said, “Could you grab a pair of shorts please?”

As Castiel dug around for the gym shorts, Cadence stood slowly and pulled down the skirt, the tee shirt she wore falling down to her knees. Castiel handed her the shorts and she pulled them on before sitting back down. Covering herself she smiled at Castiel.

“Thank you.”

The angel stood off to the side of the bed, then sat down next to her again, “Cadence, may I… try something?”

“Um… sure.”

Castiel took her hand and said, “Close your eyes.”

Obeying, Cadence felt his hand resting on her forehead, then she began to hear voices. One sounded familiar, the other was her mother. She gasped, tears forming in her eyes, leaking from under her eyelids.

“Say something,” said Castiel.

“Mom?”

The voices stopped, then one replied, “Cadence.”

The girl gasped, “How is this possible?”

“You’re talking to angels, hunny.”

“But… I thought my mind was making grandma up.”

The second voice chuckled, “I’m not made up, darling.”

“How is this possible?”

“Castiel has opened the gate way,” said her grandmother, “She looks just like me, no?”

Castiel replied, “Yes.”

“We don’t mind, Castiel. We know what’s happening. You have our blessing.”

Castiel didn’t reply.

“You should rest Cadence,” said her mother, “You’re not going to heal otherwise.”

“I love you mom. I love you grandma.”

“We love you too, baby.”

Castiel released his hand from her forehead, and Cadence opened her eyes. His hand moved to her cheek and he whipped away her tears.

“W-Will you stay with me?” Cadence asked, “I don’t trust myself to be alone.”

“Yes.”

Cadence moved and Castiel laid down, letting the granddaughter of his partner fall into his arm, a feeling that he found was quite nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
They're getting there, don't worry. :D

Comments?
I'll have everyone know, that comments are SERIOUSLY slacking. Like... a lot. It kind of makes me feel bad, but 17 of you keep reading this, so there's something, I guess.
But please comment. Even if it's as simple as "I liked it. Update soon." That's fine and dandy with me. XD