Status: Story will be extremely slow updating. Sorry.

Sweet Child of Mine

Lips Of An Angel

Cadence had managed to pull herself together and was now sitting on the hood of the '67 Form Mustang with Castiel standing in front of her. Both were quiet for a moment, then she said, "My grandmother was an angel."

"Yes," The angel's voice was as it has always been, emotionless.

"Did you work with her?"

"I was her first in command. I fought by her for many millennia before she fell."

Cadence found herself smiling, "Yeah? What was she like?"

"She was, at first, a very loyal soldier and loved our Father with a fierceness that no one has ever seen before. She was a fearless leader. No one was afraid to follow her into battle." Castiel paused, "She was one of my friends."

Cadence nodded, then asked, "Did... did you love her?"

The angel looked at her with his cold eyes and tilted his head to the side. Cadence began to feel silly about her question when the angel said, "I believe... if one were to put a human emotion to our relationship... that would be the appropriate word."

Cadence nodded.

"You look exactly like her. Probably has to do with her grace being in you." He came closer to the girl and reached out, touching her red hair, "I first noticed it when we were in Israel."

"What did my grandmother mean when she said that both she and my mother approved.... What do they approve of?"

Castiel looked from her eyes to her lips, then down, his hand still in her hair. When he looked back at her, he was blushing. It was the first tinge of color Cadence had ever seen in the angel's face. Cadence didn't know that angels were able to blush, and she found the color quite cute. She too found herself blushing, and she looked away.

"When your grandmother found her grace again, I knew. I came to see her while she was in the hospital. When we were in Heaven, she would always ask me if I felt anything for her, which we both knew was impossible.... But when she was growing up, she was able to feel things, and she told me... how she felt about me."

"She loved you." Cadence whispered.

"Yes."

"Did... you want to fall with her?"

"Yes... but I was still loyal to my Father and my brothers and sisters. I never had the chance to form a union with her."

"Form a union?"

"Angels are aloud to form unions with each other, it's actually very common. We can form unions with humans, but it is very strongly ill advised."

"Why?"

"The woman never make it through the... act, and if they were able to, the pregnancy would kill them."

"But... what about the lore from Greece or Ireland? The lore about mating with angels?"

Castiel frowned, "The lore never comments on the state of the mother after the child is born."

"Oh." Cadence was quiet for a moment, then asked, "Did you ever want to... form a union with-"

"Yes. I wanted that very much, but I was afraid to request it."

"Why? If my grandmother asked you how you felt about her, why be afraid to ask?"

"I was afraid the other angels would question us."

Cadence nodded. "You still haven't answered my question."

"What?"

"What do they approve of?"

Castiel removed his hand from where it had tangled itself in her curls and took a step back, "Your grandmother and your mother approve of me forming a union with you."

Cadence sat on the hood of the car and stared at the angel. He looked back at her, feeling nothing about what he said. Finally she managed, "My mom wants me to... be with... an angel?"

"She approves of it, yes."

Cadence gave a sly smile, "Do you approve of it, Castiel?"

He blushed again and looked down.

Cadence laughed and got off the hood of the car, putting her more than a little close to Castiel. Cadence could feel the friction caused by her jeans rubbing against his trench coat. Looking up into the angel's eyes she smiled.

"Cadence, I-"

"I don't mind, you know."

"D-Don't mind?"

"If you wanted to-"

"I don't think we should."

"Why not," Cadence frowned and leaned back on the hood of the car, "We're both more than capable of taking care of ourselves... we're big kids now."

"I don't... I know know.'

She smiled, "I'm joking, Castiel."

The angel looked at her and said, "That wasn't funny."

"Not all jokes are."

"You... you can call me Cas."

She frowned, "What?"

"You're the only one who calls me Castiel... you can call me Cas."

"Oh.... You won't mind?"

"Why would I?"

"Seems degrading to give an angel a nickname.... Like calling Raphael, Ralf."

Castiel smiled, "Now that's funny."

Cadence giggled, "I like you, Castiel... you're fun to hang with."

Castiel's smile fell and he said, "Thank you."

"Wanna walk back to the house with me?"

"Yes."

Cadence turned and the two walked back to the house. All of the lights were out, saying that everyone inside was asleep. Castiel stopped Cadence on the porch and turned her to him.

"Do you want to form a union with me?"

Cadence smiled, "Wanna call it dating?"

"Do you want to go out dating with me?"

Cadence laughed, "Sure. I would love to date you, Castiel."

The angel stood still, then asked, "What do we do now?"

"I don't know what you're going to do, but I am going to sleep."

The angel nodded and followed the girl who was now his dating partner into the house and up the stairs. Entering her usual room, he watched as she smiled and made herself at home. He turned so she could change, then sat in the bed next to her at her request.

She moved so her head was in his lap, and she fell asleep with Castiel playing with her hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh....

comment?