Status: Story will be extremely slow updating. Sorry.

Sweet Child of Mine

Hot For Teacher

“The new moon is rising over Forks Washington,
And suddenly you shy away from my body’s warmth.”


Cadence opened her eyes and felt around for her phone, which was playing her alarm. She sighed as her fingers grasped her phone, the sound of the voice continuing.

“You don’t love me ‘cause I’m not Edward Cullen.
I can wear sparkly makeup and act tall grey and solemn.”


She smiled to herself as she hit stop on her phone, cutting off the chorus then stretched. Setting the phone down, Cadence took a moment for the rest of her body to wake up before getting out of bed. Grabbing her coffee grinds, she made her way down the hall to the kitchenette where her small coffee pot was. Letting the machine brew, she went back and got dressed, making sure everything was ready for class.

When her clock read 7:40, she grabbed her coat and book bag, grabbing a thermos for her coffee, then made her way to her Religious Studies class. One hand was readily in her pocket, the delicate body parts covered in her favorite pair of glittens. Walking out of the building, Cadence stepped into the cold air and smiled at the white flakes falling from the sky. Her breath came out in white puffs that mixed and curled with the steam from her coffee. Her boots crunched softly over the fresh layer of snow and again, her keys jingled in the side pocket of her book bag.

Looking around her, Cadence watched for any sign of her unwanted guests. Not finding anything, she happily made her way to class. Entering the building, she met up with her friend Charlie, or Charles, and gave her a smile, “Good morning, Charles.”

“I hate that you’re smiling right now.”

Cadence frowned, “Is this better?”

Charlie fought off a smile then hit Cadence on the shoulder, “Ready for the class you don’t have to take?”

Cadence mockingly gasped, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Oh come on,” said Charlie as the two girls began their walk down the hallway, “As if you aren’t getting the highest grade in the class.”

Cadence smiled modestly as they entered the lecture hall and took their usual seats in the back corner. The two sipped from their coffee as they took out their notebooks and a pen. With everything ready, they waited patiently for the class to start. As they looked around the hall, they noticed that their teacher was no where to be seen. The clock reached eight, the time the class started, then a young man that Cadence recognized walked in, and she could feel anger rise in her.

“Good morning,” said the man in a deep husky voice, “My name is… Paul Rubens. I’ll be your sub today.”

Raising her hand, Cadence asked, “Where is Dr. Strong?”

The man was quiet for a moment, “He grew ill last night.’

Another student then raised his hand, “Isn’t Paul Rubens the dude that played Pee-wee Herman?”

Cadence smiled behind her coffee as the man in front paused to think of an excuse, “Yeah, its sucks.” The man smiled, “Word of advice people, don’t name your kid after a giant one.” The class chuckled then he clapped his hands together, “Alright who’s ready to talk about the end of the world?” Turning around he wrote the word ‘apocalypse’ on the black board.

Charlie raised her hand, “But sir, we’re not finished with Buddhism yet.”

“Hey, I don’t make the plans,” he said. His green eyes glanced at Cadence who returned his look with a glare of her own. “Alright, so what does anyone know about the end of the world?”

Cadence raised her hand, “Lucifer can’t rise unless some dumbass breaks all 66 seals that bind him.” Charlie nudged her.

Paul Rubens paused, the look on his face annoyed, “Alright anything else?”

Cadence raised her hand again, “Once Lucifer rises only the Arch Angel Michael will be able to put him in his hole. And even then they have to find their vessels.”

He frowned, “Does anyone else know anything about the apocalypse?” No one answered, “Is there anyone awake?”

Cadence’s hand slowly entered the air.

“Anyone besides you?”

“Sorry, Paul, but it looks like you’re going to have to lecture on it.” Cadence gave a sweet smile.

The look on the man’s face was priceless. Fear mixed in with his nervousness as he realized that he was actually going to have to teach the group of students a thing or two about a subject that he himself didn’t quite understand. Charlie looked from Cadence to Paul Rubens, trying to understand why she was getting a weird sense of de ja vu.

Paul Rubens gave a weird smile, then said, “So the apocalypse, the end of the world… the day that Lucifer and Michael battle it out once and for all. Can anyone tell me the name of the four horsemen?”

Cadence raised her hand.

Paul sighed, “Yes?”

“Famine, Death, Pestilence, and War.”

“Thanks. Lets ah… lets have some of the other students answer from now on okay, princess?”

Cadence gaped at him, annoyance written all over her face. Paul Rubens smiled and said, “Does anyone know what they do?”

Cadence smiled as she wrote down the answer on a piece of note book paper and slid it over to Charlie whose hand went in the air.

“Yes?”

“Death is death, Pestilence is sickness, War is war, and Famine is famine.”

Paul smiled, “Um… yeah that about sums it up. Can anyone tell me what happened to Lucifer before this?”

Again Cadence wrote down the answer and Charlie replied, “Michael cast him down with his sword.”

Paul Rubens paused and said, “Alright… honestly, I’ve got nothing more for you guys. Go.”

The students did not need to be told twice. The entire lecture hall emptied in seconds leaving only Paul Rubens, Cadence, and Charlie. The two girls made their way down the steps to the floor of the hall and over to the substitute.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing,” Cadence asked, “You can’t just waltz in to my fucking class room like you own the place.”

“Hey it was the only way to – Charlie?” His eyes turned to Cadence’s friend.

“Dean?”

“He-hey, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, you?”

Nothing much, just trying to recruit your friend here.”

“For what?”

“Her job.”

Turning to Cadence, Charlie gave her friend a confused look, “You hunt ghosts too?”

“I did.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Didn’t think you would believe me.”

Charlie shook her head in disbelief, “Wow.”

“Yeah.”

The sound of rushing air came and upon turning, Cadence jumped at the sight of Castiel, “How do you know so much about the apocalypse?”

“I’m majoring in biblical studies.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Really?” This was asked by Dean.

“Yes. Really.”

“Then that’s perfect, now-” There was a flash and suddenly the group was standing in the living room of a well furnished house, “Come with us… come on Cas!”

“Sorry.”

“What the hell just happened,” asked Charlie.

“Did you just zap us somewhere?” asked Cadence.

“Yes.”

“How?”

“I’m an angel.”

Cadence scoffed then proceeded to look around the room, “Why are we in Dr. Strong’s living room?”

“I wasn’t kidding when I said he was sick.” Dean walked behind her while Castiel and Charlie were left standing in the middle.

“Are you thinking horsemen?”

Dean shook his head, “Nah, to one-deathy.”

Cadence nodded, “So what then?”

Sam came into the room, his skin paler than usual, “Guys, you might want to come this way.”

“Sam?” Charlie exclaimed, a smile splitting across her face.

“Oh my God, Charlie?”

She nodded and went over to give him a hug. Castiel looked unchanged as he watched. Cadence found it odd that she wasn’t at all phased by his behavior, or lack of personality. Normally if someone was completely void of all emotion it really pissed her off. However, when it came to Castiel, she was totally cool with it, like it was expected of him. When he turned his head to look at her, she lowered her gaze and turned away. She could feel his bright blue eyes burning a hold in her face. Becoming nervous, Cadence shifted her weight from one foot to the other, then cleared her throat, “What did you find Sam?”

“Um… I think Strong was more than just ill.”

Cadence frowned, “What?”

“Come here.”

Walking down the hall, she cautiously followed Sam into the master bedroom where she was greeted with the horrible image of her professor hanging on the wall in a cross from with his insides pouring out of his stomach. His intestine coiled on his pillows staining the white material with the brilliant red of blood and bodily fluid. On his head was a thorn crown which has sliced through his skin causing thin lines of red to crawl down his face.

As Cadence took in this horrible image, she was shocked to find that she was crying. Covering her mouth with her hand, she fought to hold back a sob as she pushed past Dean and Castiel to go into the hall way. Leaning against the wall, Cadence bent over as she cried, her body trying to make a sound but not having enough air to do so… until she inhaled. Taking in a ragged breath, she let it out in a loud sob, her form finally crumbling to the floor.

Charlie came over, bending down and placing a hand on her friend’s back. Having not gone in, she felt relieved of her choice as she watched her friend cry. But the good decision was soon over powered by the idea that her favorite professor was now dead. She too found herself crying.

In the corner of her blurred vision, Cadence saw the hem of a tan trench coat and nice dress shoes. As the hem lowered the face of Castiel appeared in front of her, “Is this really the hunter you want to recruit? Someone who cries she sees a body?”

Dean could be heard off to the side, “Jesus Christ, Cas… her teacher is in that room.”

“Still, it’s unacceptable,” standing he continued, “Do you two know of anyone else?”

Cadence wiped her eyes clear of tears and forced herself up. Looking the angel in the eye she said, “You’re so fucking lucky there are people here… because believe me I will find a way to cause you serious pain.”

Taking a step forward, Castiel made sure his face was close to hers, “Are you threatening an angel?”

Nodded Cadence replied, “Oh yeah, you bet I am. No get the hell out of my way, Feather Boy… I need to find out what killed my teacher.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The good part will get going soon.
By the way, if you haven't figured it out yet, this will go along with season five of Supernatural.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SEASON FIVE OF SUPERNATURAL TURN AWAY NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE
but if you want to read it anyways, go a head... cause it's good. :D

Comments?