Status: NO UPDATES UNTIL MAY. SORRY.

San Francisco, Lovely

SCENE FIVE.

"Where in the world did you manage to get gold shorts?"

Venna skipped into Sami's room with an armful of shopping bags. "Target." She smiled and set the bags down on the bed. "I also got white and green knee socks, some tank tops, green and gold accessories and some flashing light things. Then I went to JC Penny's and got a shitload of makeup, and some glitter! I think the cashier thought I was robbing the store."

Sami's eyes widened as Vee dumped all her purchases onto the floor. "Holy shit."

"I'm so excited! Oh, and here!" The blonde dug through her messenger bag and pulled out a damaged blue envelop. "Happy birthday, you old bitch!" She laughed.

"Oh yeah..." Sami muttered and took the card reluctantly. "Yippie!"

"I know you don't really like to celebrate it, but hey, it's a Pirate's of the Caribbean card." Soon enough, Sami opened the card and the theme song screeched through the tiny speaker inside the card. The brunette smiled and hugged the shorter girl, then set the card on her cluttered desk. "One more thing!"

Venna raced out of the room and returned in less than five seconds with a square brownie with a candle lit. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Sami, happy birthday to you." Sami's smiled widened as she blew out the candle. "Yay! Now it's time to get ready. .. It's gonna be a night to remember!"

The birthday girl shook her head and ripped off the price tags of the articles of clothing and slipped out of her pyjama bottoms and into the gold shorts. Within a blink of an eye, Venna was all geared up: gold shorts, knee high socks, a white tank top with a green one over top and a green sweatband around her forehead. She kneeled in front of the wall length mirror and tied her gold locks into Pippi Longstocking pigtails.

Sami followed suit but inside tied her hair in a side ponytail then placed the sweatband around her head. Venna lightly dusted green eye shadow onto her eyelids and dabbed gold sparkles on top. Sami sat crossed legged next to her friend and stared into the mirror with a humours expression on your face.

"What are you smirking at?"

"You look like a leprechaun, you should have dyed your hair red." Venna narrowed her eyes. "I'm just saying." Sami shrugged, picking up the eyeliner. "Joey's probably going to call you a leprechaun."

"Oh yeah, we're going with them tonight, aren't we?"

"Yep. They're paying for the taxi and the first round of drinks. We're supposed to meet them in the lobby in twenty minutes. I think Cooper from the front desk is coming with us. I heard he and his girlfriend broke up."

"He had a girlfriend?"

Sami nodded, applying mascara. "Her name's Delilah or something. I saw her downstairs once. She was interesting looking. But they got into a huge fight and now I guess Dare and Joey invited him so he can get his mind off things."

"Dare? Since when were you and Darren on a nickname basis?" A smirked tugged to the corner of Venna's lips. The other girl shrugged. "Oh come on, Dukes, what happened the other day when we were in a fight and I left?"

"Nothing."

"Bullshit!"

"We just talked and he was looking through my photos, which indicates that nothing happened."

Venna frowned and stood up, slipping her feet into her new green Vans. "Well you two are boring."

"I don't like Darren like that." Sami leaned over and took her green flip flops out of her closet. Venna's lips parted, "Shut up. Don't say a word. Let's go."

Sami could hear mutter behind her as she walked out of the bedroom and grabbed her phone, ID, cash and slid them into her front pockets. Venna opened the door and stopped in mid-step. A boy with red hair, Travis, fully dressed in green with a top hat sprinted past them as three others ran after them.

"There after me lucky charms!" Travis screamed and ducked into a small opening. The others ran passed him, confused to where he went. As they walked out of sight, Travis peaked out and smiled with triumph. "Happy birthday, Sami!"

"...Thanks." She blinked as Venna was laughing hard. "I don't understand some of the people in this building." And she walked towards the elevator, jabbing the button multiple times. With a DING, the doors opened and Sami stepped inside, dragging in the laughing Venna. "It wasn't that funny."

"You're right: it was priceless! Oh man."

And another with DING they were at the ground level. Sami walked out first, the three boys chatting in the middle of the lobby turned; they all looked antsy decked out in their ridiculous St Patrick's Day outfits. And then laughter; full out laughter from Darren and Cooper.

"What are they laughing at?" Venna whispered.

"Oh. My. God!" Darren exclaimed, slapping his knee. Cooper did identical actions. "Vee, you look like a leprechaun!"

"Okay, so maybe Darren is that one that will call you a leprechaun. Honest mistake." Sami blinked. That's when Joey nudged his best friend hard in the ribs, which was obvious because Darren yelped out in slight pain. "What's that all about?"

"Nothing." Joey shook his head. "You two look nice." He pushed a smile to form on his lips. "Did you guys rob Target or something?"

"Vee did, not me." Joey looked over at Vee who had shoved Darren a little for making fun of her, then slapped Cooper upside the head. "Are you two not on speaking terms or...?"

"What? No. You know that her and I don't get along."

"Then why did you run after her the other day?"

Joey's eye widened. "I just—It was—What are you, Sherlock Holmes or something?! Don't steal Darren's job! He's supposed to be figuring out you!"

"Wait, what?"

"CAB'S HERE." Darren yelled, his hazel eyes were alarmed. He ushered everyone out into the orange-lit sky and into the cab. "Move on, move on, move on."

Sami smushed herself into the backseat, Cooper pressed against her followed by Joey and Darren. "How the hell did I get stuck in the back with the guys? Why didn't you ask for a van?!"

"I would die if I was back there." Venna said, a matter-of-factly, from the spacious front seat.

"I forgot that Cooper was coming!" Darren replied.

Cooper sighed. "Thanks, dude. We didn't organize our outfits together or anything."

Using his words carefully, Joey pipes in, "I don't want this to come out wrong, but that sounded really gay."

"I am bisexual."

"Oh yeah." The passengers said in unison and broke off into separate conversations.

"How are things going with you and Delilah? I heard about the break up, I'm sorry." Sami placed her blue eyes to match with Cooper's green ones. A faint line formed on his lips.

"Don't be sorry, Sami, I just fell out of love. It happens, you know? Where your world no longer wants to include that significant other. I was growing apart from her." He shrugged and adjusted his body so Sami wasn't squished. "She wanted to travel the world; I think she's in Greece now. Her sister informs me of her whereabouts because I still care for her."

"That's sweet of you."

"Joey said I should have dropped her a long time ago. But then I realized that Joey and girls don't last more than one night." This caused Sami to laugh and Cooper smile widely. "I got you a birthday gift."

"What? Cooper, no."

"Oh, calm your tits." He chuckled and took out his wallet. "I present you with a gift card to Starbucks."

She took the card from Cooper and smiled, holding it against her chest. "Just what I wanted! It's like you read my mind."

"Perhaps we're soul mates." The smirk on his face and the look on his eyes were suggestive.

"Hey, I wouldn't put it passed you."

Cooper flipped his dark bangs away from his eyes. "I'll keep that in mind."

"If you two are done flirting, would you get your asses out of the cab?" Darren said impatiently. "Cooper, you're paying."

The two inside the car looked out to see the others standing on the sidewalk. Sami blushed, turning away, opening the door and got out. Cooper handed the driver the expense and slid out.

"And what was that all about?" Vee nudged Sami. "Looked like things were getting pretty steamy."

Sami rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Cooper gave me a Starbucks card as a birthday gift."

"I'm sure--"

"Alright boys and girls," Darren pulled out a pair of green sunglasses.

"Whoa, that was not part of the costume." Cooper said.

"Darren always puts a twist on things." said the Giant.

"It's time to get our drink onnnnn!" Darren strutted into the pub that was pumping music causing the walls to shake.

Green and white lights were flickering and bodies were bunched together either grinding or in tight social circles.

"Awwe hell yeah! Baby brother finally showed up to party!" The group of five turned seeing Chuck with two supermodel-like girls attached to his hip. Chuck flung his arms around Darren. "Hey man, I love you, man. I don't know what I'd do with you, man."

"You'd die of alcohol poisoning if I wasn't here." Darren said. "Hey Mickey! Cut Chuck off for a bit!"

"Got it!" The bigger man behind the bar nodded.

"And a round of shots for me and my friends." He turned and spread his arms wide. "It's St. Patrick's Day, motherfuckers!"

Cheers erupted from each corner of the pub. Darren walked around as if he were king and everyone from near and far knew who he was. Guys would high five and pat him on the back; girls latched themselves onto Darren, whispering in his ear their descriptive desires for him.

It was at that moment that Sami realized that things weren't so different in San Francisco, it mimicked the same aspects as New York: Darren was hot shit. Sami knew that feeling, the feeling of being on top, being desirable, being the 'It' person. She thought that she escaped that scene...

"Shots!" Joey belted out, leaning back. Darren had returned with a tray of twelve shots, two for each. "One for me, one for Cooper, one for the Dwarf, one for Chuck the Fuck, one for each of the Irish Criss', and one for the birthday girl!"

"Sami, girl, it's you're birthday!" Chuck moved to Sami's side closely. "You know what that means..."

"Chuck, fuck off." Darren said and raised his shot glass in the air. "Bottoms up."

The six around the round high table tilted their heads back and the liquid running down their throats burned. Cooper quickly grabbed a lemon and sucked on it.

"Woooowee!" Chuck screamed.

"This one's for the birthday girl." Venna slid a shot glass across the table. "Darren concocted some hard liquor."

"Oh, shit." Joey laughed. "This can't be good." Cooper had passed out the other set of Lemon Drop shots.

Sami picked up the glass and looked into it reluctantly, then looked at the staring faces around her. "Bottoms up!" She shouted over the music. Cooper yelled out in excitement and everyone slammed their glass on the table.

Chuck walked around the table as others disappeared. His lips pressed against her hair and whispered, "Get ready to get fucked up."

Image


For some unknown goddam reason, Darren was up on stage in front of a crowd of howling green people. A half empty beer was in one hand and a microphone was in the other.

"You know, not only is today St. Patty's Day AKA the fucking best day in the world, it's my friend S-Sami's birthday." Darren smiled widely.

"What the hell is he doing?" Sami whispered to Venna. She was laughing at Darren, though, waving off the conversation.

"Can we get a spotlight on her, Rick?" Darren pointed straight at the brunette and soon enough a bright white light was on her. She groaned. "Everybody this brilliant girl is Sami," He took a quick sip of his beer. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Everybody, come on! Sing!"

It seemed as if everyone had joined in with Darren's singing. Sami hid behind her let down hair and her bottle of Mudslide.

"This is embarrassing." She murmured. The appearing body beside her chuckled just as the singing drowned out.

"At least you didn't get a pie in the face."

"Don't jinx it, Coop. Who knows what Darren has planned?" She looked up at the six foot male with a frown. "I hate birthdays."

"Now, now, young flower." He wrapped his arm around Sami's waist and brought her to his side. "You just have to put on a gorgeous smile and fool everyone."

’Cause she’s watching him with those eyes! And she’s loving him with that body I just know it and he’s holding her in his arms late, late at night... You know I wish that I had Jessie’s Girl!’

Darren pranced around the strange with his one hand behind his back and pointing at no one in particular when he sang the chorus. Sami laughed and shook her head. “We should never give him a microphone when he’s drunk.”

“He isn’t that bad.” Cooper shrugged. “Better when he’s sober, but not bad. I’ll give him a six out of ten.”

“No way, a six point five.”

“Seven?” Sami tapped her finger against her lips and nodded. “Then it’s settle: a seven.”

Darren glanced over the audience just as the instrumental Rick Springfield song was coming to a close. His eyes lingered over to Sami wrapped up in Cooper’s arms. He tilted his head to the side and raised his eyebrow.

“Hey! Hey, Venna come here.” He had jumped off the stage and pulled Venna to him. “Let’s dance.”

“I actually need to go to the bathroom.”

“No, we’re dancing. I’m Darren Criss, we’re dancing.”

Venna laughed, “Then can we dance our way to the bathroom?”

“No, no, no. We’re dancing right here, right now.” Darren shook his head. Venna didn’t object as the male brought her closer to him. “Hey! Hey, Venna—“ He smashed his lips against the Dwarf’s. Venna froze for a moment then eased, her hand raised and pressed against his cheek. She stumbled back as Darren kissed her deeply.

Darren got pushed forward by another male walking by, this cause him to pin Venna against a wall in the hallway to the bathroom. Venna’s fingertips ran down Darren’s damp “Kiss Me” shirt. Little breathing air was between the duo as their lips crashed against each others, at this point Darren’s hands were wondering over the blonde’s body.

Next thing you knew, one article of clothing was removed and then another and another.

Joey glanced at his watched as he pushed his way to the back of the pub. His bottle of beer dangled from his fingertips and he glanced up, rubbing his chin. But as Joey turned the corner, he almost lost his grip of his drink. Less than fifteen feet away his so-called best friend had Venna pinned against the wall; the girl’s legs were wrapped around his waist and their lips were inseparable.

The Giant staggered backwards, the palm of his hand against his forehead. He didn’t know if what he just witnessed was true or he was passed out and this was all a dream. But he couldn’t have been sleeping; he was half sober (ish) and knew his surroundings. As he glanced up again nothing had changed. It burned his eyes. So he ran.

“Joey!” Sami yelled and smiled at him. Cooper grabbed a hold of his friend. “Hey, there you are. We’ve been looking for—“ She stopped and narrowed her eyes at him, they were misty. “Are you alright?” Joey pushed Cooper’s hand away from him and started off for the back door. Sami called after him again but of course with no reply. She raised her head to look up at Cooper. “I should...”

“Yeah.” Cooper agreed quickly, letting go of her hand. “Go.”

Sami broke away from the dark haired boy and pushed through the crowd after Joey. She found him outside on the smoking patio with his back towards her. His knuckles were white from clinching the railing, and his head with lowered.

“Hey...” She spoke, walking up to his side. There was no response. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing.” He whispered.

“The way you ran out didn’t look like nothing. What happened?” No response, again. “You shouldn’t keep your feelings bottled up, it’s not healthy.”

“You’re one to talk.”

Sami parted her lips and sighed. “I know, right? I’m stubborn, I think life sucks, I hate most people.”

This made Joey laugh, “Then how do you have friends?”

“That’s a question I ask myself from time to time.”

Silence fell between the two momentarily. “I don’t know why I’m about to tell you this, maybe because I think that I can trust you but,” He paused. “It’s Venna. It’s just like I can’t get her out of my head and every time I look at her I have these pains in my chest and I just know it’s her hurt, that bitch.

“Joey, I—“

“And to make things fucking worse I just saw her and Darren making out with very little clothing!”

“Joey, I’m sure that that wasn’t what it looked like.”

“It was!” Joey yelled causing Sami to jump. “I’m not cut out for this. I’m fucking miserable.” He threw his beer bottle at the wall, smashing into pieces. The female stood wide eyed.

They say that drunken words are sober thoughts and Sami knew that Joey wasn’t lying about this. His fingers were pressed against his eyes as he was covering his few tears from frustration. Sami placed her hand on Joey’s shoulders and turned him to face her.

“Everything’s going to be okay.” She wrapped her arms around him, indicating that she was there for him. “I promise.”

Little did they both know that it takes two to tango, but it also takes two to make a thing go right.
♠ ♠ ♠
It takes two seconds to leave a lovely little comment

*SCENE SIX: After a night of drinking and shenanigans, can a friendship survive? Can a little tune shed some light on the situation?

My friend Kaisie and I just posted a new story called Who Has To Know? if you are a fan of Glee, Blaine (Darren Criss), Kurt (Chris Colfer) then this story is for you! Check it out (: