Take My Hand

Take My Hand

“Okay, I’m going to be totally honest.” Brendon said, nervously, as one of his hands crawled onto his head and began tugging his thick, dark, hair. It was absolutely adorable.

“Okay.” I nodded, trying not to smile at him. He gets like this a lot, nervous and cute. Ever since we first met he’s been like this. You’d think he get used to be around me and stuff but maybe now it’s different since we’re kinda dating. I guess. Well, we went on a date…unintentionally. We saw some “must see” film thing, I don’t really know. I wasn’t paying attention because Brendon was sitting beside me in the dark and sometimes our hands would brush when we reached for popcorn at the same time and it wasn’t really a date date since Jon was suppose to come but then he didn’t so it was just the two of us and yeah.

“I- this is going to sound so stupid. Nevermind.” he shook his head and looked away, taking his hand from his head and pushing it in his pocket as he kicked invisible things, bashfully.

“Nothing you say sounds stupid.” I told him. What? I can get my flirt on if I want.

He blushed, looking quickly up at my face again.

“How about you just sing it instead?” I suggested. It must be something big if even big mouth Brendon couldn’t bother telling me.

“Hahaha, yeah, not going to do that.” he looked sad, like he really wanted to tell me something but was getting held back…by himself.

“Hey,” I whispered, seriously. “You can tell me anything. I won’t laugh, I promise.”

He stopped moving around and his face scrunched up in thought for a few seconds before he heaved out a sigh.

“Okay, I’ll tell you. Just- it’s kind of embarrassing. I mean I haven’t really felt this way in a while and I feel like some school girl in that “doodle his name all over my notebook when I’m bored” way. I just really like you and being around you and the way you make me feel and yeah, this is even cheesier than those nachos we had an hour ago so I’m just going to shut up and go home. Goodbye.” the words rushed out of his mouth so fast I couldn’t pay attention to what he was actually doing until he was a few yards away.

Wait, what.

W h a t ?

“Wait, wait, what?! Brendon wait up!” I yelled, jogging after him. When I caught up and matched his pace, he his head was hung low.

“Sorry.” he whispered.

“Don’t be sorry, you moron.” I couldn’t help but chuckle as I took one of my hands and used it to cup one of his cheeks and I didn’t let him have time to speak before I leaned in for a soft kiss.

I could still taste those damn nachos that Spencer made and that was kind of weird but I’m kissing Brendon fucking Urie so whatever, it doesn’t even matter as long as he’s here with me.

I pulled away, licking my tingly lips.

“Um, well.” he said awkwardly. “So…I guess you feel the same?”

“Oh god, you’re so fucking stupid. Just stop talking and kiss me more or something. Asking dumbass questions. Of course I feel the same. Why the hell would I kiss you if I didn’t?”

His cheeks got all red once again.

“Well, excuse me. I mean, I don’t know what to say. Am I suppose to start singing “I Kissed A Boy” or something? Like what the hell do I do now?” he asked pacing, hands moving around wildly.

I put a hand on his shoulder and clamped down until he stopped moving.

“You just take my hand and you hold it and you don’t let go until I ask you too, that’s a start.” I held my hand out toward him, wanting to feel his skin again so bad my fingers were trembling.

He looked at it and didn’t hesitate to grab.

“I hope you don’t get bad hand cramps because I’m not going to tell you to let go anytime soon.” I smirked, kissing his cheek as he gripped on tighter.