Status: done.

How Did You Get So Cold?

1/1.

I stood incredibly still, my gaze never breaking away from the eyes of the boy standing in front of me. On this earth, we are all merely human, and we all make our mistakes. Unfortunately, I have made quite a few along the way. As I stared at the beautiful face in front of me, I recited the words I had planned to say over and over again in my head, just about to open my mouth when he beat me to the punch.

His voice was different. It was cold; distant; piercing. Though his words were soft and quick, they had the effect of a much greater proportions. They left me completely speechless.

So we stood there awkwardly looking at each other, no one making a move, no one whispering a sound.

I was dying inside. I needed him to do something. Say something. Anything. I needed to see even just an ounce of emotion on his currently stone cold face.

I knew deep down that something inside of him had changed. He was no longer the Kenny that I had grown to love. He was silent and cold. Just like ice.

Erin, I can’t do this anymore. We should see other people.

He said it so dryly that it felt like someone had just smacked me across the face. He had no idea how this made me feel, and honestly, I don’t believe he really cared.

At that moment, I did the only thing that I thought could help.

I got down on my hands and knees and begged. Begged him to take me back. Begged him to believe that I was sorry. Begged him to say he loved me, even if it was only one more time.

Kenny, I swear you mean the world to me. You don’t mean what you’re saying. I know you don’t.

Through my pleading rant, he still just stood there like a statue. He barely blinked as he stared down at me, and soon the realization had sunk in that nothing I could do would change a single thing. He was just a cold-hearted person, and that was that.

I still had to wonder to myself what made him become that way. Why all of a sudden? Was it something I did or something I said?

Deep in my heart the only thing I wanted to do was make Kenny happy. No matter how cold he was being to me, I couldn’t help but still yearn for him to be satisfied.

The look in his eyes read nothing but hatred, and honestly, I couldn’t blame him. Taking a deep breath, I began to back away from the boy in front of me. When we were about three feet apart I turned on my heel and began to walk in the opposite direction.

I wrapped my arms around my small frame, taking a final deep breath. As a lone tear rolled down my cheek, I let a weak smile creep onto my face.

So what if Kenny had to forget about me to be happy? So what if it killed me inside? So what if I was a victim to his ice cold ways? If that’s what it takes for him to be happy, well, then so be it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada.
Not sure how I feel about it.

Thoughts?