Status: Chapter 2 coming soon!

Stay

Jaedyn

I can already feel myself catching feelings. I’m here for one reason and one reason only; graduate so that I can get away. I love my family, really I do. It’s just that they don’t get me. They’ve always wanted the cheerleader, the beauty queen, not me. I’m the loner, the screw up, the mistake. I’ve done some things that I’m not proud of. Yet, I wouldn’t change the outcome. My mistakes have made me stronger and less susceptible to fucking up again. I closed my locker and almost collided head on with Nick. “Gosh Killer, where are you in a hurry to?” He blushed at the sound of his new nick name. “I’m late for band rehearsal. I should have been there five minutes ago. “I didn’t know that you had a band. I’ve been here a month and you leave out such detrimental information. I’m hurt.” He shook his head apologetically. “It never came up. Sorry, but I’ve really got to go.” He turned to leave. “Wait Nick, can I come?” Why did I ask him that? This is not the way to stop liking this kid. Damn it Jay, pull it together. “Yeah, but we have to leave right now.” I quickly grabbed my backpack off of the floor.

“Crap, what about my bike?” “I guess I’ll just have to drop you off and pick you up in the morning.” He replied in a flirty tone. I gave a quick smirk. “I guess you’ll need my number then.” I grabbed his phone out of his hand as we walked to his car. He laughed as he unlocked the doors. I snapped a picture and added my number to his contacts. I handed him his phone back and smiled to myself. “Thanks.” He said while placing his phone in the cup holder. Minutes later we pulled up to a nice sized house. I automatically figured it was his. There were several guys standing inside the garage with annoyed looks on their faces. “Damn, took you long enough. I have somewhere to be.” The long haired one nagged. “Calm down Joe. I’m only ten minutes late. This is the reason why I asked for practice to be held an hour after I get out of school.” The Joe character rolled his eyes and flashed the curly haired guy an aggravated look. “Kevin, please tell him that he can be replaced.” The Kevin guy just gave Nick a look that was supposed to be threatening and picked up his guitar. “Can we just start?” Nick asked while grabbing the microphone off of the stand. I awkwardly stood off to the side.

“Who is she?” The straight haired one asked. “She has a name and you can address me instead of pointing rudely like a premenstrual thirteen year-old girl.” He shook his head in shock. “I know you can’t be talking to me.” I stood my ground. “I know you can’t be this rude. I don’t appreciate it when people disregard my presence as if I’m not standing right here.” He rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time. “Don’t roll your eyes. They’ll get stuck that way.” I said with an innocent smile. “Who are you?” The curly one asked. “My name is Jaedyn. I’m Nick’s friend. It’s nice to meet you.” I replied looking right at Joe. Nick’s face was in shock. “Jay these are my older brothers Joe and Kevin. Sorry that they ignored all of my mother’s home training.” I smiled at them and sat on a lawn chair. “Well now that introductions are over, let me hear you play.” I said excitedly to Nick.

He smiled shyly. “Just Friends. 1…2…3…” The music started and Nick’s voice was so different. Sure it was a bit whiny, but it was cute. I moved around in the chair to the beat. They practiced four more songs then Joe put down his tambourine and abruptly walked away. “I guess that means that we’re done for the day.” Nick said to no one in particular. I stood up and approached Nick. “You’re really talented. Don’t let them ruin any chances you get at making a name for yourself okay?” He nodded his head and nodded towards his car. We got in and just sat for a minute. “Why do you let them treat you like shit?” He looked up at me but quickly looked back at his lap. “I don’t know. I guess I’m just used to it. It doesn’t bother me as much as it should.” I hesitantly placed my hand on his thigh. “You are such a sweet guy Nick. You shouldn’t let anyone degrade you like they do. Stand up for yourself Killer.” He gave me a half smile and started the car. “Thanks. So, where do you live?” I gave him my address and we sat quietly listening to the radio. We pulled up to my house and he turned off the engine. “Jaedyn?” I looked up at him.

“Can I ask you something?” “Sure, anything.” He swallowed nervously before he continued. “Why aren’t you like this at school?” I could feel my brow furrow. “What do you mean?” He paused for a second. “Right now you seem really chill. It’s like you don’t need to worry about anything, just right now. At school it seems like your defenses are always up. Or like in the garage. You were quick to snap. It’s like you’re waiting for somebody to try something so that you can jump at them. Right now you’re just, I don’t know, calm.” I sat there a bit confused. What the hell is he talking about? “Well, right now it’s just you and me here. At school there’s one thousand plus students that don’t know me and don’t care to. I’ve been through some stuff and I’ve learned how to put my guard up and down. I don’t know if that made any sense or if that’s the answer you were looking for, but I’m not sure how I was supposed to respond to that.” He stared at me for a few seconds then unlocked the doors. “See you in the morning?” I shook my head yes. “I’ll call you when I’m on my way.” “Okay.” I got out of the car and walked to the door. He waited until I was safe in the house before pulling away. What the hell just happened?

“What the hell just happened to you?” I groaned and walked past my sister. “I’m trying so hard not to like this kid Reece.” She grinned. “See and this is why I’m home schooled. No boy drama. No girl drama. No drama. Twenty-four hour Zen.” I laughed as I fell into the couch. “Zen my ass. I prefer to be out with humanity.” She sat beside me. “I like humanity. I just don’t like all this mainstream shit that consumes people our age.” “You damn hipster.” I said as I got up to go to the kitchen. She was right behind me. “So, tell me about this guy.” I grabbed an apple out of the fridge and sat on the counter. “His name is Nick. He’s kind of tall. He has really intense eyes, or maybe they’re just squinty. I don’t know. He’s in a band with his jackass brothers. He’s one of the nicest and cutest guys that I’ve ever met. His best friend is a super, ultra, mega bitch though.” I said then taking a bite from the apple. “I see. So, you like this guy?” I gave her a ‘no shit’ look. “Did you hear anything I just said? He’s like my perfect guy except I found him too early. After Stefan I said I wouldn’t date until college. That means that I’ve found my dream guy a whole two years early! This is a disaster.” She laughed at my hysterics.

“Maybe you could just break your rule for him. If he’s as awesome as you say he is then you should give it a try. Live a little.” Says the girl who’d rather go to school on her couch.” She shoved me lightly then stood in front of me. “You only live once Jaedyn. Don’t let one boy’s mistakes from your freshman year screw up your whole outlook on relationships. You’re older, wiser, and you know what you don’t need in your life. Don’t push him away. He might be good for you.” I gave her a defeated look then went to my room. I threw the apple core away then laid on my bed. My phone began to ring. “Red roses. Red rose of the dead. How does it feel to breathe oxygen-“. It was a text message from Nick.

“Sorry for the weird twenty-one questions thing.” “It’s fine. It just caught me off guard.” “I was wondering if you want to grab coffee before school tomorrow.” “Sure, sounds fun. Just text or call me before you leave.” “Okay. Despite my asshole brothers, I had fun today. See you tomorrow.” I placed my phone on my night stand. There is no way that I’m going to be able to stop this fluttering in my chest. I might as well just give in to it. It couldn’t hurt right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I know it has been forever since I've updated. Been really busy with school and I just had surgery today. So spring break is happening right now so I will be posting as much as possible. I hope you enjoy.

C: