Status: Written a long, long, long, long time ago. Putting it up for the world to see

Starry Night

Starry Night - An Epilogue

It was as if everything was finally back to where it should be, or at least in a good place again. My parents were considering getting married again, realizing what I did – that just because the past wasn't what it should be doesn't mean it should effect your life now.

My mother stopped trying to keep me from seeing Connor (because of a number of fights and finally seeing how happy he made me). Taylor and Dylan were still together, and even almost as happy as Connor and I. Almost. No couple could ever be as happy as us...well at least that's my opinion.

Things are still complicated with Brandon and I, but last time I talked to Becca, I heard they got together. She asked me a thousand times if I was okay with it, and to be honest, I couldn't be happier. It was great to see he found someone else.

*

One night when I was reading in my room before falling to sleep, the tap on my window I was so familiar to rang in my ears. I jumped out of bed and swung them open. Connor smiled at me and stuck out a hand, “Hi.”

I took it as he helped me onto the balcony, his other arm snaking around my waist and holding me close. “Hey.”

“Isn't it beautiful out here?” And he was right. The full moon poured its silky silver light everywhere and the stars were merely small, glimmering dots in the distance. The wind blew my hair softly and the smell of rain was still prominent from a previous storm.

“Yeah,” I whispered, sitting on the bench as he sat down beside me and cradled me against his chest.

“Almost like you.” His breath was warm on my head as his hands played with my hair. I laughed, “Classic romance line.”

“What can I say? It fit.” I smiled and closed my eyes, just thinking about us, everything that's happened, will happen... “You should get some sleep, Stacy,” he says and his voice is so quiet, warming, and calming that I almost slip into sleep right then. But instead I say, “You just got here!”

“I'll be here when you wake up, I promise...I love you, Stacy,” Connor says.

“I love you too,” I said, half asleep already, his arms warm and secure around me. Then I think about the day I woke up in Florida, when all of this started.

And now, here I am dozing off in my boyfriend's arms under a perfect starry night, waiting to see what will happen next.