Status: Comment and Subscribe. Please and Thank You ^_^ Next Chapter Coming Soon...

Darkest Desires

Fear is an invisible bullet

Rushing through the halls of Garfield I clutched my Ghostbuster messenger bag close so no one would bump into my baby that was cradled inside. My flash drive hanging from my neck bounced off my Refill required coffee T-Shirt while my car keys rattled from inside my warn, faded looking brown leather jacket . Stopping to catch my breath and a sip of a little H2O from the water fountain I felt my cell vibrate from my pocket followed by my ring tone Animal by neon trees. Jesus, I thought, can’t a girl catch a break? Pulling out my phone from my denim pocket I slid it open and mumbled a hello.

“Where are you?” Carl asked loudly.

“Why are you yelling? Aren’t you in the library?” I asked wiping some water off my chin.

“Okay one I’m not yelling, and two the computers in the library aren’t warmed up yet. So it looks like we’re going to have to change location to the Den.” The Den meaning the computer lab with faulty lighting. I groaned and leaned against the wall with a painted panther on it.

“You can’t be serious, Carl.”

“Sorry Danny.” I dropped the cell to my side and let out a long, deep sigh, just what I need in the morning. After taking a minute to calm myself I put the cell back by my ear, “Where are you?” he asked again.

“I’m on the second floor by Gin’s room.”

“Then do some quick stretches and get down here. I already told janitor Bill to leave the door unlocked for you.” Oh goodie I get to run down the stairs to the basement. With a quick okay I hung up and took off down the stairs letting my converse squeak beneath me. Usually there isn’t many students here in the mornings just a few teachers setting up for class projects, a hand full of janitors like Bill, and of course the over achievers like yours truly. Oh and of course Carl my smart ass friend since elementary school, who I might add is always competing with me in just about everything. Funny, even though we always compete with each other we somehow always get paired up when it comes to partner projects. Some students say that’s it’s unfair to have us paired up, because it leave them at a disadvantage at grasping the teachers attention since we usually hit the ball out of the park with our detailed and at the same time entertaining presentation. Like the time we were paired up for our history Egyptian project and got full points along with some over the top praise from the teacher that the rest of the students gave up.

it’s not like I like being smart. I need the grades to accomplish my dreams I thought as I turned and landed on the first floor by the vending machine. I kept pace like the track race for the finish line making my way toward the end of the hall that connected to both the gym doors and the basement area. Which I might point out is restricted and off limits to students unless supervised by a teacher, but Carl and I usually get past that by having Bill keep the door unlocked for us. Now that I think of it I should just ask Bill for a copy of the basement key, almost at the door I could taste victory when the gym doors flew open and I collided with someone like a human car crash.

Having a hundred swear words race through my mind I clutched my flash drive and I felt my heart drop, “Where is it?” I frantically looked around.

“Are you looking for this?” a guy groaned and held up my tiny black USB. I quickly snatched it and reattached it to chain around my neck happily, “If you don’t mind,” A guy said and I looked down and noticed the position I was in, “I would like to get up now.” I quickly scramble off him see as I was basically straddling him and watched him sit up.

“I’m so sorry. I wasn’t pay attention.” I could feel myself fumbling over my words.

“No problem.” He said and shook his head with a goofy grin on his face, “it’s not every day a girl literally throws herself at me.”

Frustrated I stood up, dusted myself off, and adjusted my messenger strap, “I ran into you, it was an accident not on purpose.” I shot back.

“Call it what you will.”

“Why you little-“my cell cut me off grabbing my attention. Quickly sliding it open I answered, “What!”

“What’s taking you so long? I don’t like standing down here be myself you know. I may be of the male species and all, but this place gives me the creeps.” Oh God, I completely forgot about Carl,

“I’ll be there in a minute. I’m already by the entrance.”

“Okay,” then we hung up.

“You’re boyfriend?” the guy smirked.

“What’s it to you?” I retorted and opened the basement door and locked it behind me. Making my way down one more flight of stairs I could see the Den’s lights on. Slowing my pace when I got closer to the door I saw Carl leaning against the door frame trying to copy James Dean. Granted he is no James Dean but I still love him all the same, oh did I mention I have a secret crush on him? Anyways when he finally spotted me I gave him a small wave and he cocked a smile.

“My lady,” he gesture toward the door with a sweep of his arms and my heart skipped a beat and I thanked the faulty lighting for hiding my blush. I walked in and sat in the teacher’s computer desk and noticed the computer was already in sync with the smar board opposite of me.

“You already hack into the server without me?” I whined.

“Hey we’re pressed for time,” he retorted, “If someone wasn’t running late you could’ve watched.”

With a huff a plugged in my flash drive and we added our finishing touches to our government presentation on the economy. Ha, the economy, the one topic both of us didn’t want and ended up getting. Adding a few pieces of information on a few slides, deleting information we no longer saw relevant, or thought was dull, as if the topic was dull enough. We finished up saved, transfer, and restored our files before exiting out of the computer leaving no trace we we’re ever on there to begin with. When we finally surfaced onto the first floor students we’re roaming around talking, arguing, and of course making out by the lockers. Jocks cornered the weak nerd freshmen, and the musician passed by looking completely detached from their surroundings. I hung out with Carl for a bit before the first bell rang and grabbed a water bottle from the vending machine. After I took a huge gulp from the bottle Carl snatched it and drank half the water inside part of me was mad because I was dying of thirst and the other half wasn’t when it saw Carl smile. The first bell rang and we went to our own classes and we eventually met up in fifth period with Mr. Walker who was sitting in his seat looking at the newspaper. I took my seat next to Carl and we went over who says what on our notecards. The bell rang and class began with Joan and Frank’s Drug Cartel presentation followed by Ben and Sydney’s Human Trafficking presentation both a better topic then Carl and me. Twenty minutes into class there was a knock at the door and the principal’s head popped in wearing a worried expression.

“Take a break while I see what he wants you two,” Mr. Walker said with his deep husky voice as he got up off his chair standing at 6’2. He walked out of the classroom and everyone started whispering wondering what was going on. I glanced at Carl and he shrugged when Mr. Walker came back into the room, “Danielle,” his tone was strangely sullen, “the principal needs to have a word with you.” I got up and walked toward the door and Mr. Walker followed me out leaving whispers behind me.

“Principal Eads,” I said looking at the tall man that towered over me then I noticed Eddy standing next to him.

“Hello Danielle,” Principal Eads’ face looked sadden, “I don’t know how to tell you this.”

“Tell me what?”

“Danielle your sister never came to school today.” Principal Eads said.

“She had to have come. She was supposed to come with Eddy.”

“She told me there was something she had to do, Danny. She didn’t come with me.”

“Then she must be skipping and lounging around at home.”

“Your mother called Danielle, she isn’t at home.” He said.

“Then what about her cell?” I asked

“She isn’t picking up Danny,” Eddy’s voice was getting high; “I’ve been calling her all morning.”

“Danny,” Mr. Walker said, “We think she’s missing.”

I could feel my heart drop and my body go cold, “ No, she can’t be missing.” My mind kept picturing Meg last night laughing and this morning on the computer, “She can’t be missing,” I could feel myself panic. “Eddy you had to have come to school with her,” I latched onto his arms, “You had to have come with her!” I said frantically feeling tears form in the corner of my eyes, “You had to!”

“I didn’t,” he whined starting to cry.

“Danny let go of Eddy,” Mr. Walker said as he and the principal grabbed my hands prying me off my brother. Eddy fell to the ground sobbing and I ripped away from the two men falling to my knees.No, she can’t be missing. She can’t be, SHE CAN’T BE!, I started feeling lightheaded and everything was going in and out.

Meg
♠ ♠ ♠
Due to a retreat I'm going on this week I thought I'd add the next chapter now. Hope you like it! please comment, I love hearing feedback ^_^