Status: Finished

Unus Amor

Chapter Five

All I can think about is Jack. I know that is ridiculous. I haven’t spoken more than two words with him. There was just something about him. He seemed like he was into music which is awesome because I am too. I feel so creepy thinking about him all the time. I am sure I haven’t crossed his mind since we met. I mean why would I? I wonder if he has a girlfriend.

My thoughts were interrupted when Sean threw a pillow at my face.

“Hey freak, we are going to go swimming. Ellen says you need to get your ass outside.” Ellen is my mother. He thinks it’s cool to call her by her name. It’s not. Also I am 100% positive my mom didn’t say that. She has never cursed once in her life.

“I will be right out!” Ok, what to wear, what to wear. I put on my pink striped Roxy bikini and head out making sure to remember the room key and to lock the door.

It is a little bit of a trek to get from the side of the ship we’re on to the pool. I laugh at the wallpaper used to make the halls seem more homey. The cheesy rugs and painted pictures of fruit really add to the effect.

I naturally feel the need to knock on each door I pass and run. I love ding dong ditch no matter how childish it may seem. As I am knocking on a door, it opens. Oh God. What am I supposed to say? Oh hi, sorry for knocking on your door stranger, I was just checking to make sure you were faring alright.

A kid around my age pops out and looks at my terrified face.

“Do you need something?”

“I was um- I was- I was just trying to find my friends room and I thought it was this one. Sorry.” That would have been believable if everyone in the hall didn’t open their door to ask each other if one of them was knocking.

“Yeah... sure.” He turns around and yells to his friend that they have to go and to hurry up.

“Alright well I guess I will leave now. Sorry for that...”

Before I turn to leave, I see Jack. Oh God. That is mortifying. I take off running. He can’t know it was me. I need to find a place to just bury my head into. As I am running I hear someone call my name, but I keep on going, not stopping until I get to the pool deck.
♠ ♠ ♠
pool time!