Status: Finished

Unus Amor

Chapter Seven

Come on, come on. I watch the clock in my room slowly tick. It is almost seven and I am anxious as hell. I wanted to look cute, but not like I was trying to hard. I decided on an old band Tee and a pair of jean shorts. I had my feather earrings and my hair down with a cute head band to give it the boho feel. I grabbed my Toms and was ready. If only the clock would tick faster!

Finally it was 6:57. If I left now, I would be there around 7, 7:02. That way it would seem like I wasn’t waiting for this all day. But what if I miss it because I’m late? Nah, two minutes shouldn’t make that big of a difference.
The walk seemed like it was taking for ever. I upped my speed to grandma fast. My grandmother is hard core. She walks three miles every morning at 6, bowls every Wednesday, does water aerobics three times a week, and works out at a gym every other day. I almost passed out the last time we went on a “walk” together, she is so fast. She told me that if one of her running partners has a heart attack, they keep going and the person would catch up.

I check my Shark watch, 7:03 exactly. Perfect. I need to catch my breath before going in. I have never really been athletic. I have a crazy metabolism that helps me maintain my size three frame, without it, I would have to go on the Biggest Loser.

I see Jack over in a huddle with a few other kids. He signals me over. I walk up to the group and he pulls me aside. He says he needs me to go get eye liner and a bag of Hershey kisses.

“Why?” I guess that eye liner could be used as war paint, but the kisses just confused me. What could we possible use kisses for?

“Just do it.” He said bossily.

“Fine.” I state before I walk out. Where the heck am I supposed to find Hershey kisses? Room Service. I can’t possibly order it on my account, and since Jack needs them so much, I will use his. I try to find my way around the ship to where his room was. I knock three times and wait for a few seconds before the door is thrown open to an angry looking boy.

“What the fuck do you want?”

“Whoa, language. I just needed to order something on your account. Jack said it was fine.”

“Who the fuck is Jack... oh wait never mind, oh yeah Jack. Fine, get in.” He roughly pushes me into the room. I hear a voice, a female voice. I guess that’s why he was so upset.

“Hi,” I say to the girl who is covering herself with sheets.

“Um, hi.”

I sit myself down to the desk with the phone and dial the room service number.

“Room Service, how may I help you?”

“Hi, I was wondering if you could send Hershey Kisses to room 213.”

“Of course, how many bags would you like?” Hmmm. I think 12 would be good. Muhahaa. Awk.

“Twelve please.”

“Alright, your total comes to $71.88.” Holy shit, I hope he doesn’t hate me.

“On second thought, could I change that to two bags?”

“Of course. Your total is now $11.98.”

“Thank you so much. Should I pick it up?”

“No no. We will deliver it to you and it should arrive within twenty minutes.”

“Would it be faster if I did come to pick it up?”

“Yes, you may pick it up.”

“Thank you so much. I am leaving now.”

"You’re welcome and have a splendid day.”

I now need to run and get those I bid adieu to Jack’s friend and Jack’s friend’s friend. I got the eye liner in black and purple. The pickup transaction was to take place on the other side of the ship so thank God I am wearing tennis shoes.

Time check. It is 7:14. Okay, I am not too bad on time, hopefully nothing has started and no one is mad I am taking so long.

I run back to ‘Teenage Dream’ kisses and eye liner in hand and drop them at Jack’s feet.

“Thanks, now here’s the plan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
band outfit