Velvet Pencils

Chapter 3

I moved to Kansas two or three years ago from New Jersey. After we cleaned everything up, said goodbye to close family and friends, and severed already frayed ties, we went on our marry way. My mother, my sister and I took the 5 hour 45 minute flight to bright, sunflower ridden Kansas and never looked back at dingy, dangerous, Trenton, New Jersey. I never wanted to leave. Never. My family, my so called ‘Friends’, they meant a lot to me at the time. They were all I had -except my Mother and Sister of coarse- and I refused to let them go. Unlike the one I was forced to let go of. I still cry.

When my Mom first told me we were moving, I don’t even remember my reaction. Every time I look back, all I see are tears and broken glass. I remember yelling at my mom and watching her cry, I remember stomping up my stairs and into my room, and I remember passing out on the cold floor. He always said too much emotion would be my downfall.

I can still see myself waking up, deep into the night -possibly early morning- and hearing the horrible retching down stairs. I see myself tip-toeing down, only to see my mom curled on the aluminum tile of the kitchen floor, sobbing so loud I was worried that she would wake Lyssie. I sat on the top of the stairs, staring as my Mom clutched a powder blue shirt to her chest. I didn’t know what to do: Should I have called someone? Should I have comforted her? Could I have done anything?

I went back up stairs and silently crawled into my bed. I heard my Mom get off of the floor and sniff loudly a couple of times before tiny foot steps went down the steps.

“Mommy?” Lyssie’s voice rang tiredly. “What’s wrong? Why is your face all wet? Oooohh you’re bad Mommy, you woke me up.”

My Mothers chuckle came as a whisper through the walls. “I’m sorry baby. C’mon lets go back to bed.”

After putting Lyssie to bed, she came into my room only to whisper a “I love you Logan.” and going to bed.

I cried my self to sleep that night, I cried myself to sleep a lot of nights after that. Three days after, we left for Kansas.

I never argued with my Mom again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and fillerish. I'll update again on Friday. Or later tonight if you're good.

I don't expect comments, but they're nice. And I update faster

By the way, I haven't give up on Addiction. It's just that there are so many ways to take it, and I don't know which one to do.

I love you all ^.^ (commenters a bit more than the silent readers *hinthint*)