Status: writing.

We Are All Broken

Jaxson-1

I searched the crowd for Spiral. It didn’t help that she was on the short side. I pushed past some emo kids and one of them gave me a death glare. I don’t understand emo kids… why can’t they just be normal? They need to stop being so damn emotional and weird. The rest of us just don’t know what to do with them.
Suddenly someone jumped on me from behind. I spun around, muscles tense, ready to fight, but instead I found Spiral looking up at me with her cute smile.
“Did I scare you?” she asked sweetly.
“Psh. No way…” I said sarcastically. She started to laugh and I smiled at her. Her laugh was so adorable.
“Are you excited to start your first year here at Greenleaf?” I asked, trying to keep the conversation alive.
“You sound like my mother!” laughed Spiral, “but yes, I am very excited. I’ve never been to a boarding school… so I’m looking forward to seeing what it’s like.”
“It’s not all that exciting… You just have to know where you stand. Just stay out of the popular kids’ way and you’ll probably be fine.”
“Thanks for the advice…”
Oh shit. Was I not supposed to say that? That sounded like I was saying she wasn’t good enough to be popular. I started panicking and thinking of what to say to make it better. Thankfully, she smiled at me.
Spiral and I met at summer camp the past summer. Later I found out she was coming to Greenleaf in the fall, and we’ve started talking nonstop. Secretly, I think I’m in love with her. But shh… no one needs to know that.
“Let me see your schedule,” I said. Spiral fished a folded up piece of paper from her back pocket and handed it to me. I took out mine too, and laid them next to each other.
“English together… History together… And lunch together. Not too bad,” I stated, “Do you know what room you’re in?”
“Umm… room 324. I think. Howard Hall.”
“Cool, that’s not too far from my dorm. Room 252. Montgomery Hall.”
“Yay!” exclaimed Spiral. She smiled at me and my heart started beating a little faster. Do I even have a chance with this girl?
♠ ♠ ♠
Starting off (: