Status: writing.

We Are All Broken

Faye-1

“Not again,” was all I could think. I stared down the seemingly endless hallway of Greenleaf. I didn’t want to be here. I wanted to just go home and learn that new song on the piano. But it was too late now. My parents had already dropped me off and I couldn’t walk home. I took a ginger step towards my assigned homeroom, pushing my glasses higher onto my nose.
“Not again,” I thought once again, feeling completely overwhelmed by the familiar, yet uncomfortable atmosphere of Greenleaf. I could hear other students laughing and catching up with old friends when, I, had none. My hands trembled as I grabbed the doorknob to my homeroom and slowly opened the door.
“Please, not again.” I was in the room and no one had noticed me. I quietly walked to the back of the room and sat down in a seat by the window. I glanced up at the clock that read: 8:15. Homeroom was starting yet our teacher hadn’t arrived yet. I pulled out a book I had been reading and began to read. I was completely lost in the story plot when suddenly, a hand come in front of my book, pulling it down on the desk.
“Ex-excuse me—“ I squeaked, before realized it had been our homeroom teacher.
“Miss Faye, maybe you’d like to join us now,” he said, half smiling.
“R-right,” I managed, hearing the laughter coming from all directions. My cheeks grew hot as I flicked some of my layered, blonde hair from my face and eased my book back into my backpack. I kept my eyes trained on my homeroom teacher as I felt the others around me eye’s burning into my skin.
“Not again,” I whispered, my hands cupping my knees, “This has to end.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. Sorry.