Status: writing.

We Are All Broken

Shane-1

I’m not emo. I don’t believe in stereotypes. Just because I dress in black, have hair covering my face, and hang with druggies doesn’t make me emo. I don’t do drugs and I don’t smoke. My twin brother does, but I do not. I’m a writer, and if you give me any crap about it, I’ll hurt you. I’m not weak because I write. I’m strong because I write. I’m not afraid to show passion and emotion, unlike the rest of the world. I have the power to do anything when that pen is in my hand. Don’t fuck with me.
I put my pen down when Vertigo came up to me.
“Sup? Oh, writing in your diary again, huh?” she asked.
“It’s not a diary. Fuck off,” I growled.
“Well at least come and say hi to the rest of us. It’s rude of you to ignore us and just sit here like a loner.” Vertigo extended her hand to me and I took it. We walked over to the spot where the rest of us ‘emos’ were talking. Some blonde kid bumped into me and I shot him a death glare. I don’t know why, but I was in a bad mood that day. It was the first day of my senior year here at Greenleaf. I should have been happy. But I really wasn’t in the mood to be around people. I just wanted to be alone.
“What’s with you today?” asked Vertigo with attitude.
“Nothing. Just leave me alone,” I snapped.
She rolled her eyes and went back to making out with my twin brother, Drane.
“Shane,” said a voice. I turned around and saw Scarlett. Immediately I was in a better mood. Scarlett was like my little sister. I loved her to death. I smiled and gave her a hug.
“How are you?” she asked.
“Fine. You?” Scarlett looked at me for a moment.
“You’re not fine… Tell me the truth.” I loved that about Scarlett. She could see right through me. She didn’t just accept my “fine”. She knew something was wrong. Scarlett was one of the most sensitive and selfless people I knew. I didn’t understand why a lot of people labeled her an outcast.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: