Status: writing.

We Are All Broken

Clay-1

“Hey!” I yelled as I charged into my homeroom and saw two of my buddies. I shoulder bumped them both and asked how they were. It was just another year at Greenleaf. I was ready to kick some ass on the soccer field and be re-titled the “King”. I winked at a few girls who were obviously new. They only giggled and went back to their conversation. I glanced at the clock and saw that it read: 8:10. I smiled. Good still got some time before school has to start.
I bounced a soccer ball on the bridge of my foot, impressing my friends.
“So, are we going to have practice this Wednesday?” Shawn, a close friend of mine, asked.
I shrugged, “I hope so. I need to get back into practice.” I was so glad I caught myself. I was about to say I need to get some anger out. I never told anyone about my anger issues since it’s kind of stupid. Plus that would give away my secret of being the champion soccer player at Greenleaf.
Suddenly, my attention was drawn to a cute girl who was coming into the room. She had blonde hair, green eyes that were framed with glasses. I couldn’t help but smile. She was pretty cute to look at. My gaze followed her to the last row of desks. She took a seat by the window and pulled out a book that looked boring. Then her eyes become distant yet intent on each page as she read. I shrugged my shoulders as my gaze turned back to my friends. Soon, our homeroom teacher came and began to speak. I glanced back at the cute girl who was still immersed in her book. I watched as our homeroom teacher sighed and walked over to her. We all laughed as we watched her to continue to read.
“Miss Faye,” our homeroom said, looking at her.
Still nothing.
He grabbed her book and pulled it down against the desk with a bang. She looked up, startled and managed, “Ex-excuse me—“
“Miss Faye, are you ready to join us?” he asked.
“R-right,” she stammered her cheeks red from embarrassment. Everyone laughed. I chuckled and turned back to our homeroom teacher as she put her book away. Maybe I should introduce myself, I thought, as I kicked the soccer ball under my desk. First day of the school year; I was ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? subscribe? pwease?