Status: Working on it

College Lessons

Messed Up

"Yo!" I turned to see Toni' walking in and grinning ear to ear. I had gotten use to him since he came. He was a pretty cool dude. The only problem was he always had a new girl and his phone stayed ringing at night. But I couldn't blame the dude, he was like Rawry in a way.

"Sup man?" I slapped hands with him and gave him a head nod.

"Chillin bro. Why you in the dorm on the computer? There's gonna be a party tonight at some place around here called Lounge."

"Got to write a essay for English. "

"About what? I have to write some shit about this book we have to read. I got this chick doing it for me." He laughed and tried to smack my hand, but I shook my head.

"We gotta relate our life to Romeo and Juliet." He scoffed and scratched his hair.

"So whats yours about?"

"My first love."

"Nigga, don't get soft on me!"

"Nah, seriously. You never had a girl you was down for?"

"I mean, yeah. But it's been a while. And she left me hanging." He got up and started pacing.

"You guys still talk or something?"

"Damn bro. I hate talking about her but yo, keep this shit between us. Met the baddest bitch right? Alana. That was her name. Puerto Rican, curly hair to her fat ass, nice tits, 5'4, had hips, smooth skin, an accent. Yo, she turned heads. Met her freshman year of high school. It took me freshman year to junior to beg her to go with me. She finally did. We lasted till the end of senior year. I swear bro, this girl had me gone. I deleted my hoes from my phone, stopped drinking for her. The 'I'll do anything for my girl' shit. Then, I go to her house one day. Her bro answer the door. I go to her room, she riding my dawg's dick. After that, I just told her to fuck off and we were over. You know. I mean, I tried to find more girls like her too. I went with Mexicans and Puerto Ricans only just to see if I would meet another her, except that girl wouldn't cheat on me, yo. After a while, I just gave up. Shit wasn't worth it. So I decided this year, I would just have fun and get with random girls."

"Man I'm sorry. I feel you," I said nodding at him. He sighed and rubbed his face.

"Let me head out to this party. Hey, you heard everyone going to the beach this weekend right? I take it you going?"

"Yeah."

"I got a ride, so I'll look for you there. Later bro." He ran out the room, grabbing a hat. I sighed and continued my essay.

I decided I might as well write about Olivia. She was one person I would never forget. I hope that Cassie would be that person to.I think I was really starting to like this chick. I mean, she was like I better version of Olivia to me.

My phone beeped and I looked at it. A text message from an unknown number.

'Hey baby. Its your mother. I want you to know I miss you and Heaven so much. I hope you guys are good with my mama. I want to come see you tomorrow. I love you.

"Shit!" I screamed. She didn't know I was at college and I didn't want her no where around Granny or Heaven. I dialed Granny's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey baby. It's 11 at night. You know I go to bed around 10. What's wrong?" I sighed and rubbed my hair.

"Mom just text me and said shes coming tomorrow to see you and Heaven. Granny, please don't answer the door."

"Baby, that's my daughter and your mom. We love her-."

"Granny, shes only coming for money! For her fucking drug addiction! She doesn't give a shit about us! "

"Mikey, I know you're mad right now, but you better watch your mouth. Now that's my damn daughter, and I'm happy she bought you and Heaven into this world at least. Now, I will give her money. One day, one day. Maybe she'll choose to use that money on food and for her to get help. So don't tell me what to do young man. Understand?"

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes mam."

"Now, its late. Go to bed. I love you OK? And I'll be OK."

"Alright. Love you too granny. I love Heaven also."

"Good night baby."