Status: Working on it

College Lessons

The Race Issues

"Oh my God, this is so good!" Cassie's eyes roll back as she eats a glazed donut. I chuckle and shake my head at her.

"I can't believe dancing made me have to miss eating these! I'm in heaven!" She grabs another one and puts it on her plate. I hear a scoff beside me and turn to see Loca looking disgusted at Cassie. My crew and Cassies' are all sitting together for breakfast.

It was our last day of school for Christmas break. I was ready to be back home with the fam. Plus Cassie was staying with us. Her Grandma was OK with it since she had a full house already. Cas would of have to sleep at a friends.

"Man, Imma miss y'all!" Rawry shouts. He put's his arm around Hannah's seat and grins at all of us.

"You'll be seeing us," Cassie says smiling up at me. I nod and kiss her on her cheek. She blushes and continues to eat.

"So guys. There's a party going on tonight. Anybody down to stay one more day? I mean, dorms don't close till 3:00 p.m. tomorrow," Toni' enthusiastically does a little dance. We all laugh at his goofiness.

"We'll I guess I can schedule for the limo to come later," Loca mumbles.

"Good baby girl. I'll show you a good time." Toni' winks at Loca who glares at him and flips her fresh new weave that she just got. She thought she was bad before, now her cockiness made her worst.

"Ew, Toni' go find a little typical hoe." Rawry mouth twitches and I can tell he's about to make a joke or be an asshole.

"Chill," I mumble. Rawry looks at me and sighs. He continues eating his food but I can tell I ruined his hopes of calling Loca out. He had gotten annoyed with her over time. I'm sure everyone was even Hannah and Cassie.

Loca was still trying to get with me. In class, she would touch me more and find ways to talk to me. She once even sent me nakeds which I quickly deleted. The crazy thing was we were all chilling in my room and Cassie was right by me. Loca simply giggled and licked her lips.

"Guys, I'm about to die at home," Hannah finally speaks up. She had been on the phone with her little sister for the longest.

"What's wrong?" Cassie asks.

"My parents are going weird for Hanukkah this year. Basically, they invited the whole family to the house this year. Now, I have six other siblings. The youngest being one. I'm going to go crazy." Hannah puts her head on the table and sighs.

"I mean, I wish I had a bigger family. It's only my pops and mom plus me. They never really talked to their sides of the family. Just because my mom is black and dad is white," Toni' says.

Now to this, everybody was shocking. All of us did many different things when he said that.

Hannah spit out the orange juice she had been drinking causing it to get on the table. Mikey almost fail from his chair which he was balancing on. Loca snorted and continued texting. Cassie and I simply looked at each other confused and shocked.

"You're black!" Rawry, Hannah, Cassie, and I screamed.

"Yeah...," Toni' says shyly and confused.

"Wait..wait. You do know we all thought you were white this whole time bro?" Rawry speaks for all of us. We all nod in agreement. Except Loca that is who kept texting and smacking her gum obnoxiously.

"Oh. Word? I thought you guys just knew. I mean, I'm sure I told you. That day at the court that's why I got so mad. Because my skin color looks white, they think I'm just a white guy? I mean I don't have to walk around and say 'Hey I'm black mixed with white!'. Ya get me?"

"That's true. Sorry for assuming Tone," Hannah says. We all nod and continue eating.

"I'll miss you guys," Cassie says. Everyone all says aw and says it back to her. Even Loca's fake ass.

"But you'll have me," I whisper in her ear. She giggles and kisses my cheek slowly.

"Yes, and we'll have a real good time." I look at her as she bites her lips and looks away from me.