Status: Working on it

College Lessons

Date Plans

"Cas! Hey girl, I was looking for you this morning," Hannah says walking in. She waves me in, and I follow shutting the door.

"I was out jogging. Where were you-." Cassie stops talking as she turns around and realizes I'm in the room. I give her a small smile and wave.A few seconds pass by but she starts grinning.

"Uh..whats going on here?" Loca stares at us two from her bed with her face twisted up. Hannah shrugs and goes to the mini fridge in their room.

"Hey," Cassie says.

"Hey," I say back. She gets up from her bed and grabs my hand so we can go outside her dorm room. I look her up and down and smile. Shes wearing PINK sweats with black and yellow socks, and a gray tank top. I also noticed she had no make up. I had never seen a girl look so good when she was being bummy.

"I kind of wondered where you went after the night of that party..," she mumbles looking down at her socks. I lean against the wall and look down at her.

" So you been thinking about me?" She looks up and smiles.

"Maybe. You're different. And I like different."

"So..since I know you're Hannah's roommate now, and I know where you live, I won't have to keep searching. So how about..a date..maybe the day after tomorrow? I saw a little coffee shop a few minutes away when I arrived here."

"That's nice. I would love that," she says nodding. "But listen, I have to go to my classes. Here's my number." She gives me her number and I save it in my phone.

"I'll text you later on..OK?" I nod and smile as she walks back in her room closing the door slowly. I sigh and pump my hands in the air.

Never had I ever felt more accomplished in asking a girl out. I mean Cassie seemed like my dream girl.

"Rawry!" I burst into our dorm happy to see that Toni' had left with his girl. I look around and notice hes still not back.

"Whats up?" he passes by me holding his basketball and sweating.

"I got a fucking date!"

"A date? With who? He wipes his face.

"Cassie. I met her at that party."

"Oh she bad?"

"Hell yeah." He nods at me and smiles.

"What you excited for though? Its a date."

"Because..shes different. I mean, Rawry, I think after all those other girls I had, she might be mine. "

"Man nigga. You acting like you in love. Not to burst your little happy bubble, but love and relationships aren't always all happy and shit. You should know." Rawry picks up his phone and calls for a pizza.

I did the same thing with Olivia. I fell in love with her, cared about her. We didn't have a perfect relationship, but it was pretty good. But when she moved, I realize Rawry was right. He had told me the same thing he just said when I started to fall for Olivia.

Rawry was heartbroken I know. By some girl named Angie. But he never gave me the full story. He just came to my house mad and said they broke up. They went out for 2 years. His sophomore and junior year. When they broke up, he just started to play with girl's hearts and mind. Sometimes I wish I could fix him.

"I guess." I say when hes off the phone. I decide to go take a shower.