Status: One-Shot

Hang On

1/1

They both sat in the dark room, silently, looking away from each other. The only light present in the room was coming from the bright, shining moon that was pouring in through the glass window. She sat on their bed, in shorts and a tank top, knees pulled up to her chest. He sat on the floor by the bedroom door, his head leaning back against the wall. He couldn’t see her but he could hear light sighs. He could hear sniffle every few seconds. He could picture the tearstains on her face, and it broke his heart. It broke his heart because he knew it was his fault. In their entire three-year relationship, they had never had a moment like this. They were considered ‘the perfect couple.’ She had been there for him ever since the moment they met, three years ago. All of his friends teased him, wondering how he got so lucky to get a girl like her. He honestly wondered the same thing on a daily basis. She was everything he had ever wanted in a girl. She could deal with the fact that he was in a band. She could handle him being away for months at a time. She got along well with his best friends and his family. But most of all, she loved him. Out of all the guys, especially the ones that could give her more than he could, she chose and loved him. The fact that she did, made him the happiest he had ever been. So why were they in this situation? Matt messed up.

“Mel,” he said quietly, as he looked in her direction.

He was met with silence once again. He sighed and pushed himself up onto his feet. He started walking over to the bed slowly.

“Stop.” She said quietly.

“Love-“

“Just stop Matt.” She said, firmly.

Matt stopped in his tracks, looking at the body of his girlfriend. Her shoulders were slumped and her hair covered her face. She looked defeated. Matt wanted to kick himself ten times over for making Melody feel this way. Matt never wanted to hurt her. But his emotions got the best of him.

“Jus’ talk to meh, Mel.” Matt said, lowly.

“Why should I?”

Matt sighed and hung his head low as he heard anger-filled voice flow cut through the silent room.

“Why should I talk to you? You didn’t talk to me. You walked out on me before I could say anything to you.” Melody said, angrily.

“Mel-”

“I really can’t believe you Matt. I can’t believe you would just turn your back on me. After all we have went through together. I guess I was stupid to think something like this wasn’t going to happen.” Melody said softly, looking towards the large window.

“Don’t say tha’. Babe, I was jus’… I wasn’t expectin’ yeh to tell meh tha’. I was scared.” Matt said seriously.

Melody snapped her head over to Matt and glared at him. He shrunk back at the look and faced down at the floor.

“You were scared? I was fucking scared Matt. I had a feeling you might react like this, and that scared me because the last thing I wanted you to do was leave me alone. Did you think me telling you I was pregnant was going to be easy? It’s obvious that it wasn’t. I’m only twenty-two years old, Matt. I can barely take care of myself and now I have to take care of a baby. But regardless of how scared I felt, I was still happy. Yeah, pregnancy was the farthest thing from my mind but knowing that you were the father didn’t make it so bad. I knew that it wouldn’t be so hard with you by my side. I needed you and I was hoping that when I told you, you would comfort me and actually be excited. But no, you yell and scream at me. You accuse me of planning this knowing you didn’t want kids, and then storm out on me not calling for days. How the fuck do you think that made me feel? It made me feel like shit, in case you haven’t noticed.” Melody vented.

“I shouldn’t have done tha’, love. I was jus’ so surprised. Yeh know none of what I said was true.” Matt said, looking up at her.

“How would I know that? You wouldn’t answer any of my phone calls. I talked to Oli, Vegan, Jona and Lee more than you. I even talked to your mother, but you? You were nowhere to be found. How was I supposed to know that you didn’t mean any of those things if you wouldn’t talk to me?”

“I was stupid.”

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Melody mumbled.

Matt sighed and walked over to the bed, falling to his knees in front of her.

“Yeh know I love yeh. I always ‘ave. Isn’t tha’ what yeh want meh to say?” Matt said reaching for her hand.

Melody pulled her hand away and looked down to her lap.

“I don’t want you to say, ‘I love you’. I want you to say, ‘I’m sorry’.” Melody said in a sad voice, looking up at Matt. When he saw the tears in falling down his face, he broke. “I want you to say sorry for leaving. I want you to say sorry for all of those horrible things you said to me. I want you to say sorry for making me cry. I want you to say sorry for putting doubt in my mind about you still loving me. I want you to say sorry and mean it, Matt. That’s what I want.”

Matt looked into her hazel eyes and realized how serious she was. He had always made sure that Melody knew how much he loved her and right now, he could see that this time, she didn’t believe he did. Matt quickly moved to the bed, sitting next to her, and grabbed her face lightly in his hands.

“Love, I’m sorreh for leavin’ yeh. I was scared but I had every intention of comin’ back to yeh, love. I can’t see meh self wiff anyone but yeh. I could never stay away from yeh, even if yeh wanted meh too. I’m sorreh for all of the fhings I said to yeh. I didn’t mean one word of it. Yeh’re amazing. I’m so so sorreh for making you cry, baby. That’s the last thing I would eva want to do to yeh. Seein’ yeh cry and knowin’ I’m the reason behind it tears meh apart. Yeh are meh world, Mel. Meh entire world, and I fhink yeh’re perfect. Bloody perfect. Hell, I don’t deserve yeh, if yeh want meh honest opinion. Yeh’re the best thing that’s eva happened to meh. I love yeh, Melody Davis. I love yeh so much, it hurts. I want yeh to always know tha’. Every second, every minute, every hour, every day I’m thinking of you.” Matt explained seriously.

His heart was racing from the look that Melody was giving him. It was a blank one. That was one thing about Melody. She wore her heart on her sleeves. It was easy to know when she was happy, sad, angry or excited. It showed on her face and in her eyes. But all Matt saw was an empty, emotionless face. He had no idea what she was feeling. Matt’s heart dropped to his stomach when Melody reached for his hands, pulling them away from her face. But his eyes widened when she linked her fingers with his. He quickly looked up at her and saw a small smirk on her face.

“Did you really just quote one of your own songs?”

When the sentence left her mouth, Matt couldn’t help but laugh. The couple fell into light laughter before Matt spoke.

“I wasn’t even thinkin’ of tha’. Yeh jus’ messed up the moment.” Matt said with a small smile.

Melody simply smiled and leaned against Matt, resting her head in the crook of his neck. He eagerly wrapped his arms around Melody, pulling her close to him. Matt leaned his head against hers, placing his lips by her ear.

“I don’t eva want yeh to fhink I don’t love yeh Melody. Yeh mean more to meh than anyfhing.” Matt whispered into her ear. “I’ll always love yeh.”

A silence fell over them before Melody broke it.

“You promise?”

Matt grabbed her chin and lifted her face to his. He slowly moved down and pressed his lips softly against hers.

“I promise.” He said. “I’m always going to love yeh….and this little guy.”

Melody smiled as Matt lifted her shirt and rubbed her still flat stomach.

“Little guy? How do you know it’s a boy?” Melody said, with a raised eyebrow.

“Because Matt Nicholls only makes boys.”

“Oh really?” Melody said, with an amused look.

“Yeh. Be honest, love, yeh know yeh want our son to look jus’ like meh. We could call him Matt mini.” Matt said, making Melody laugh out loud.

“We’re not calling our son, IF we have a son, Matt mini.” She said laughing.

Matt simply grinned and pulled her into another kiss.

“It was jus’ a suggestion.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wish me luck!
And go check out the contest! :)