Faux Heart

-Three;

"I'm so sick of his lies!" I remember wincing as that came up through a text message from you. And without giving me a chance to reply you sent another, "Why couldn't he just drop dead! Vikki, you'd never lie to me like that, right?" I remember smiling at the use of my nickname while you were in a such a low state. Upset because of something Ken had done.

"Of course I wouldn't, Airy. Do you wanna talk about it?" It wasn't even a minute after I sent the message that I got an incoming call from you. 'Hello,' wasn't able to pass my lips before you started crying out telling me what's wrong.

"He lied to me, Vikki! That wasn't the real him! He…He….He was a fake!" Cries of pain and tears of sorrow slipped out. You screamed the word 'fake' like fire on your tongue, and if I could have taken your pain away, at that moment I would have. I just wanted (and still do) for you to be happy. I knew it wouldn't happen at that moment. You needed your time, and I understood that.

"I'm sorry, Airy. I'd hug you if I could." You laughed quietly at my words. I could hear the smile in your voice as you spoke again.

"Thanks, Vikki. You're the best." We continued talking all night, up until you fell asleep on the phone with me. I remember wondering what you were dreaming about. It must have been something great seeing as you were making happy sounds into the phone. No, it wasn't anything sexual sounding, just happy. You sounded like pure bliss was all you knew.

If only it were true.

You deserve the best. I'm not just saying that either. I truly believe you do. Whether it be in the romantic sense or lifestyle way. Through everything you deserve the best. Even if it ever means I'm pushed aside and not a part of your life anymore. I just want you happy, and I'll do anything to make sure you stay happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to thank the following for commenting. It really means a lot to me.

Chel-Ski
LizzardLicker
demons.in.my.closet!