Faux Heart

-seven;

"He helped me last night." I swear she looks like her eyes are about to pop out. The sight makes me laugh and think of all the rancid gore movies I've seen throughout my life.

"He's the reason you started ignoring me last night?" The shock on her face quickly turned to disgust and hate. I almost feel like shying away from my computer, or better yet, ending the video chat.

"He care more than you make it seem," I trail off, hoping she'll just let it be, hoping she'll understand. I know she knows how much you mean to me, but she doesn't get that you do care for me. You may not love me as I you, but you do care. That's what matters; to me anyhow.

"He's hurting you." I shrug because honestly, I don't care. It would be grand for us to be together. I would quite adore that, but your happiness comes first.

She'll have to get over it.

"Victor! Why don't you take this serious?" I bite my lip and look down, playing with my phone in my lap. "He'll be the death of you, and I can't lose my bestie." A half smile cracks at her words. She does care for me. She is like an older sister, but she still doesn't get it.

Will she ever?

The small plastic device vibrates in my hand. The screen lights up, showing me your name, and I know an instant grin is plastered to my face. I hear her scowl in the background as I open the message, but after that she becomes distant to me. I know I shouldn't ignore her, but I can't lose you. She needs to realize this.

"I need to talk to you…" That's all I need to read before my insides twist uncomfortably.

I knew I was too needy. I should never have clung to you like I had, and now I'm going to lose you because of those six words.

Eff. Em. El. Seriously.