Faux Heart

-nine;

“Mom says I spend too much time talking to you,” you say around a laugh. I enjoy the sound coming through the speaker of my phone, smiling all the while. “I think she's wrong,” you continue, “I think I don't spend enough time.” I chuckle in response, giving my agreement. Any second away from you is too difficult to deal with. I miss you whenever we aren't talking. At times it makes me feel stalker-ish, but I just love you so much.

The line goes silent for a moment. My body stiffens, I always fear the worst when you aren't joshing about, laughing or talking. It usually means something is wrong, and I loath those moments quite a bit. There is only so much I can do to help with your problems, and I hate that. I want you happy, and I would (and will) do anything to make sure you are just that.

“Airy, are you okay?” I ask, fear lacing my words as worry completely takes over. You sigh from the other end, leaving the silence there for moments longer.

“I just wish you were here.” Even though you can't see it, I smile weakly wishing for the exact same thing. At least with me there I would know for sure that you're safe. I would be able to be the one who makes you happy. Of course I want to be there. I want to be able to hold you, hug you, cuddle with you, kiss you, make you smile, take you out. I want to be able to do all the things couples are supposed to do, but for now we're stuck in our different worlds; for now we are stuck only being connected through technology, but one day we will be together as we deserve. We just need to be patient.

“I know, baby, I want that, too. One day we will be, though.” I hear the smile in your voice as you ask me to promise, and of course I smile back, promising you the world. I would give nearly anything to be there with you, Airden, but sometimes I'm not sure you realize the extent of my love to you. You are my everything and more. You are the reason I am breathing. One day I will show you this. One day it will be you and me, the way it's supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is long overdue and short. I'm sorry about that. Things came up, but I'm back. I'm going to work on prewritting this so, hopefully, we'll have regular updates.