Sequel: Remember Us

Before You Say I Do

Undici

Dakota was on my case the instant I walked back into the apartment. She pulled me back into the bedroom and closes the door this time.

“he proposed?” I nod and look down at the ring that was still on the ground. “my brother fucking proposed without telling me?!”

“thanks for the support Codes,” I joke a little.

“aw, everything will be alright.”

“but your brother won't. Sorry, but I'm going to have to break his heart.”

“I know.”

“I need to tell you something that can't leave this room.” she looks at me confused but allows me to continue, “I think I'm 'the other woman'.”

she chuckles, “with who? Jon?”

“With Adam.” her face drops, “He-we-we just kissed. And then he told me that he loves me.”

“oh honey...” she pulls me into a hug.

“and he thinks I said yes to Jon.”

“okay, here's what you're going to do. You're going to forget about Jon for the moment and you're going to go out there and have fun with your friends and family, got it?”

I smile and nod, “is there a reason why you didn't tell me to forget about Adam?”

“someone always told me never to forget the ones you love.”

With that we both walked into the living room with smiles on our faces. Katelyn was on the phone and turned to face us, nodding her head while saying 'yeah'. She was frowning.

“yeah, I can call Ms. Richards and explain things to her.” she speaks into the phone, looking directly at me. “I'll talk to you later mom.” with that she hung up.

“explain what to me?” I ask, taking a couple steps toward her.

“who wants to crash a wedding?” she ignores my question.

“Katelyn, explain what to me?” my voice got a little louder.

She sighs and sets her phone down on the table, “Stephanie moved the wedding up, it's in two weeks. My mom wants to make sure you can make the cake by then.”

I swallow, “um, yeah. I can do that.” all I can think of is why would she move up the wedding? “okay, who's ready for a round of twister?!” I ask excitedly. Katie jumped up and down and Finn pulled out the game.

“who wants to spin?” he asks.

Katelyn jumps up at the offer, “I do.” she says and grabs the spinner from him.

We spent the rest of the evening playing games and watching movies.

Later that evening, I decided to log on and see if Adam was on too. Which he was.

Rainy Day Girl: How was your day?

Lost in Love: Interesting.

Rainy Day Girl: Interesting? I thought you were meeting your daughter today...

Lost in Love: Yeah.

Rainy Day Girl: Well...how did it go?

Lost in Love: She's adorable, smart, funny...reminds me of her mom.

Rainy Day Girl: I'm taking that that's not good.

Lost in Love: Depends.

Rainy Day Girl: Why do I get the feeling something bad happened...?

Lost in Love: She called me and congratulated me on the engagement.

Rainy Day Girl: That's great.

Lost in Love: That's one way to look at it.

Rainy Day Girl: What, do you not want her to move on or something? Cause I'm sorry to break it to 'ya, but last time I heard you were engaged...to get married.

Lost in Love: It's not that I don't want her to move on. I just never really thought about it before and it turns out I'm not too fond of the idea.

Rainy Day Girl: You don't want her but you don't want anyone else to have her? I must say that I only sort of thought you were a jerk before, but now you really seem like a jerk.

Lost in Love: You're very judgmental, you know that?

Rainy Day Girl: I've been told that once or twice. But really, I'm not judging you so much as I'm pointing out the things that I'm sure you've been ignoring. Like, why don't you want her to move on?

I waited a couple of minutes and was about to log off when I saw a reply pop up.

Lost in Love: Because, I still love her.

Rainy Day Girl: Need I remind you that you're the one getting married?

Lost in Love: Why does everyone insist on reminding me this? I obviously know that I'm getting married. There are other reasons to marry, and they aren't all for love.

Rainy Day Girl:...I don't know what century you live in, or even where, but here in the U.S., it kind of is all about love.

Lost in Love: Well obviously you haven't gotten a girl pregnant. That changes things.

Rainy Day Girl: Wait. Back up here. You're fiance is pregnant?

Lost in Love: was, our son was born about three years ago.

Rainy Day Girl: If my memory and calculations are correct, then that means you slept with her in your time of forgetting about this girl/woman that you love. Who you also happen to have a child with, which was born before this one.

Lost in Love: Well, yeah.

Rainy Day Girl: You know what I used to do when I was a teenager? I used to crush on practically every guy that was nice to me. Stupid, right? Well, I was a teenager, trust me, I don't do that anymore. Anyways, to decide which one I really liked I'd make a list of the pros and cons of each guy. Then I'd make my choice. Now for instance, if I took your fiance and your ex they are about even. Your fiance has a kid of yours, and I'm assuming she's lied to you at some point. Your ex has a kid of yours, and has definitely lied to you before. The difference? You hate one and love the other. Not to be rude or anything, but I think you chose to be a gentleman to the wrong woman.

Lost in Love: A little too late for that advice, don't you think?

Rainy Day Girl: You're not married yet, are you? Unless...don't tell me! Did someone propose to her too?!

There was another pause before he replied.

Lost in Love: Today actually.

Rainy Day Girl: oh. Um, sorry, I was just messing around.

Lost in Love: I know. And I should be happy for her, shouldn't I?

Rainy Day Girl: well, if you love her then I don't see why you should be happy for her.

Lost in Love: I met up with her after she called me. We met for coffee and had a small fight over this ring I gave her a couple years ago. Then we designed a couple of wedding cakes and she had to leave. It was honestly the best time I've had in a very long time.

Rainy Day Girl: designed a couple of wedding cakes? This seems like quite a weird ex you have here if she's designing cakes for you.

Lost in Love: oh, no, she's a wedding cake baker.

Rainy Day Girl: that makes more sense.

Lost in Love: Anyways, I had told her I still loved her and she kept telling me, well, what you're telling me, that I'm getting married. She forgot her Ipod so I found out where she was staying to drop it off and that's when I overheard her telling her best friend that her boyfriend just proposed.

Rainy Day Girl: You know, as you tell me this I'm imagining a day time soap opera. Or reality t.v. show, you take a pick.

Lost in Love: haha, very funny. When I heard that I don't know, I just freaked. I dropped her Ipod and got out of there as quickly as I could. She caught up to me and I did something that I should regret.

Rainy Day Girl: but you don't regret it. I hate those experiences where I know how I should feel but that's not how I actually feel.

Lost in Love: I kissed her. And not just a peck, a full on kiss. All the feelings from before came rushing back and it just...happened.

Rainy Day Girl: So you kissed her, big deal. At least you didn't, oh I don't know, get her pregnant. Oh, wait. You already did that.

Lost in Love: You remind me of so many of my friends it's scary.

Rainy Day Girl: Come on, you're freaking out over a kiss. Think of it as a good-bye kiss. Wrapping up the lust that you both feel toward another.

Lost in Love: I told her I loved her when I pulled back.

Rainy Day Girl: which you already told her at the cafe I thought...

Lost in Love: No, at the cafe I told her I still loved her. This time I actually said 'I love you.' isn't there a difference?

Rainy Day Girl: Look, I need to get to bed. But I'll tell you two things. 1) Don't jump to conclusions and 2) what's worse than breaking a girl's heart, is leading her on.

With that I log off and close my computer. Who knew my life could get so complicated? Actually, I guess I had this coming for me, but still, it sucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
message. comment. subscribe
<3 justrealizelife