Sequel: Remember Us

Before You Say I Do

Quattordici

Rose hadn't been too happy about the fight that went on between Adam and I and had intervened right after I slapped him.

She sat us down at the dining room table and then sat down herself. “Ciò che nel mondo st succedendo con voi due? (what in the world is going on with you two?)” Adam and I both start talking at the same time. “Enough! (enough!)” we fall silent. “Julie, perché non si avvia? (Julie, why don't you start?)”

“Beh... (well...)” and I tell her my side of things. Everything from the day she met us to now. Adam did the same after me and we had talked for a full five hours through dinner and dessert.

It was dark and I honestly didn't feel like going back to the apartment tonight. “Voi due bisogno di lavorare fuori I tuoi problemi. E so che solo il modo. (you two need to work out your issues. And I know just the way.)” she has us follow her upstairs and she opens one of the bedroom doors. Without saying anything she pushes both of us in and quickly shuts and locks the door.

“Rose!” I yell but only hear her laugh.

“Che sarà sbloccato per la prima colazione. (it'll be unlocked for breakfast.)” she tells us and then her footsteps echo in the hall as she walks away.

Adam sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. I ignore him and walk to the closet, seeing if there was anything I could change into since I was still covered in wine. All there was in the closet were oversized (for me) button up shirts. Sighing, I grab the black shirt and close the closet doors. The bathrooms here, as I knew from the past, were small and terrible to change in so I just slipped off my clothes right there in the room.

“what are you doing?” Adam asks.

“it's ironic how you were looking down at the floor this whole time and the instant I start taking off my clothes you look up. And if you can't tell, I'm changing.”

“there's a bathroom for that.”

“first of all, you and I both know those bathrooms are not meant to get changed in. and second of all, you've seen way more of me than this.” I finish changing and then walk over to the opposite side of the bed of Adam and sit down there.

“what makes you think you're sleeping in the bed?” Adam looks over at me. I could tell it was hard for him to focus with me in close-to-nothing. Which just made me smile.

“the fact that it's late at night, I'm tired, and there's a bed.”

“actually, there's the floor for you.”

I laugh, “as if. I'm not sleeping on the floor.”

“well I'm not either.”

I shrug, “I never said you were. The bed is big enough for two people. Now I understand that you don't want Stephanie to find out about anything that's going on but trust me, all it took was one look at her and I already know she's cheating on you.”

Adam was glaring at me, “I'm not sleeping in the same bed as you.”

“then the floor is going to be good for you.”

he angrily gives up and tosses the covers aside. “stay on your side.”

“are you worried about me making a move, or you?” he mumbles something incoherent and I just laugh, “night Adam.” I say and then turn off the lights. Tonight was going to be a long night.

I woke up at six the next morning. I knew for a fact that breakfast wasn't served until nine, so I had three hours stuck in here with Adam. Oh, and Adam? Yeah, well, he had his arms wrapped around me so I couldn't get up.

He stirs next to me, “hmm, morning Jules.” he says, kissing up my shoulder like he'd done so many times before...while we were together.

“Adam?” I ask, turning so that I was facing him. He moved his lips to my neck and trailed up to my own lips. Not that this doesn't feel amazing, because it does, but shouldn't I be pulling away? Actually, shouldn't he have just not have kissed me in the first place? But for some reason I couldn't pull away. It was like my body was waiting for this moment the whole time.

His hands traveled down to my bare legs and started going up the long shirt that I had on. I let out a small moan which brought me back to reality. I separate my lips from his and turn away from him. “what's wrong?” he says against my skin.

I push him away from me and he opens his eyes “Adam. You. Are. Getting. Married.” I say loud and clear, “do I need to spell this out for you?” he sighs and turns away from me. “so now you're just going ignore me?”

“well, you didn't want to-”

“want to what? Have sex with you? Oh, I'm sorry that I don't want to be your mistress Adam. Excuse me for wanting to keep what dignity I have left.” He doesn't say anything. “okay, here's the deal. Katie will come visit every summer, starting with this one.”

“what's the catch?”

“you and I need to get over this. Whatever this is.”

“this.” he says, pointing between the two of us, “is just two people who made a lot of mistakes but still love each other.”

“no.” I shake my head, “no, no, no, no,no.”

“no what?”

“no to any of it. I've said this oh so many times Adam. YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED!!! whether you love her or not I do not care. Whether you love me or not I do not care. But you made a decision and you must live with the consequences.”

he looked hurt, “so that's it, we're over?”

“I am, in person and with words, breaking up with you.” I say coldly. He needed to get that we were over, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
message.comment.subscribe.
please.
seven chapters to go.
the more comments, the faster I'll update.
<3 justrealizelife