Sequel: Remember Us

Before You Say I Do

Diciotto

Want to know a secret?

I hate people. I hate the media. I hate how someone's life is used as entertainment.

Every magazine now had the headline, “Juliana and Jon Broke Up: Is it because of her fling in Italy?”

ugh. I mean seriously? They know absolutely nothing. I was fed up with these lies and that's probably why I did what I did when I left the house this morning.

The cameras and interviewers were out there trying to get information and information is what I was going to give them I stop in front of them as everyone shouts things out.

“okay, one question at a time and I'll answer them!” I yell over the noise.

It goes silent and then one guy asks a question, “is it true that you and Jon broke up?”

well that was easy, “yes.”

“what about you and Adam DiGerlando?”

“nothing is happening between Adam and I. He's getting married in a couple days and I'm still getting over the break up.”

a woman in the back asks the next question, “how do you and Adam know each other?”

“Adam lived in Maine for a couple years and that's when I showed up. Since I know it's going to be a question, yes he and I dated, but only for about six months. He came back here and since I was in town I thought I'd hang out with him some. There's nothing between us but friendship.”

“Is he Katie's father?”

“no, we met in Maine, not Italy.”

“have you met his fiance, Stephanie?”

“yes, actually I have. She seems very nice and I'm happy he found someone to marry that's as great as her.” no one asked a question, “is that all you guys have? Really? I mean, you've been out here for a week trying to get information and that was honestly it?” I was surprised that there weren't anymore questions.

“who are you in town for.”

“that's a surprise you're just going to have to find out later.”

“last night you sang a song that you wrote, who inspired it?”

“I told you, my ex.”

“Adam?”

“yes, it was about Adam. I wrote it when I just found out he was getting married and was slightly jealous. But now, especially after meeting Stephanie, everything's fine. I just liked how the song turned out.”

“you were offered a contract with Lantor Records but turned it down, why?”

I laugh, “I make cakes and you guys are out on my front step bombarding me with questions. Do you really think I want to become an artist on top of that?” I ask them, “now, anything else or can I get back to work?” no one said anything more so I went back inside and continued working on the cake. This was going to look gorgeous for the wedding and honestly, part of me wishes I could attend it.

“hey Juliana?” Lucas asks, standing at the window and looking out over all the media.

“yes Lucas?”

he closes the curtain and looks at me, “he's here, with a little boy.”

Everyone was over at the moment and we all stared at him. “what do you mean?”

“I mean that Adam and his son are walking up the steps as we speak.”

Shit! “you guys, help me get this stuff hidden.” I say and start moving the stuff to my bedroom with Katelyn and Dakota helping me. By the time there was a knock on the door, I was able to answer it.

“Hey Jules.” Adam slurs. Damn it, he's drunk! Tristan was next to him, crying. I decide to take care of the little kid first and bend down to his level.

“ehi Tristan, ti ricordi di me? (hey Tristan, do you remember me?)” I ask. He nods, still sobbing, I lift him up and start trying to soothe him.

“you're drunk Adam.”

“I know.”

I sigh, and allow him to step into the apartment. He follows me as I walk into the main part of it and everyone looks up when we enter the room. Tristan, surprisingly, was asleep in my arms with a tight hold on me, so I didn't really have a choice but to hold him any longer.

“Katelyn, Nick, can you two please take Katie into the other room?” they nod silently and Katelyn lifts Katie up into her arms, taking her into the master bedroom. “Adam, sit down on the sofa and don't do anything stupid.”

I pour him a cup of coffee and then sit down next to him, handing the cup to him. Finn and Dakota were already sitting across from us.

“what are you doing here?” I ask.

Adam shrugs and takes a sip of his coffee. I look over to Dakota and she gets the message, nodding. Her and Finn leave the room.

“Adam Edwin DiGerlando, what the hell are you doing here drunk with your son?” I repeat the question.

He just shrugs again, “how'd you know my middle name?” He asks, slurring.

“what are you doing here?”He doesn't answer for a couple minutes and we just sit there, silent.

“I miss you.” he says, sounding clearer than he had before.

“whatever.” I reply, looking away from him. He sets down the mug and looks at me, I know he looks at me, I can feel him staring. But I don't look up. The instant I'd meet his eyes, I'd forget about any argument I'd be holding up.

“did you hear me?” he asks.

I sigh and answer, “yes Adam, I heard you.”

Adam continued to stare at me while I looked down at my own coffee filled mug. “you know why I miss you?” I don't answer, I don't move, I don't do anything. But he answers anyways because, I guess, that's just what Adam does. “Because, the instant I had you in my arms that first night, something just clicked. I knew from then on that we were meant for each other, even if I didn't show it. And then when we went to France, our first kiss together...the weekend in Greece...” he sighs almost a happy sigh, “I miss it all.” Adam pauses for a moment and I wonder if he was expecting me to say something. “and then I saw you walk into the airport and all the feelings I had before came back again.”

This made my head shoot up, “Adam, don't you dare tell me you knew who I was. Because I swear I'll-”

he cut me off, “whoa, I didn't know. I meant that I started feeling what I had felt for Skye and only Skye.”

I let out a breath of relief. I mean, seriously, if he had known it was me all along than him keeping that from me would have been equally as bad and me not telling him. At least that's how I saw it.

He doesn't say anything more, “was there a reason for this?” I ask, impatiently.

Adam looks offended, “you're kidding, right?”

“no, actually, I'm not. You're getting married in less than two days Adam. Great, you miss me. I don't know what you want me to say to that though. That I miss you too? Because I do, but that doesn't matter because you're getting married. We had our chance. We had our second chance. It didn't work.” My voice cracked against my will. I didn't want him to see how painful this was for me, though come on, he knows me better than I know myself. He could see through any lie of mine.

“then why don't I believe you?” he asks and I look down at my hands, ignoring the question. “because if I recall, it did work. Both times. And it would have worked even better if you had called me when you got back home. Then we wouldn't be in this situation right now.”

“no, we wouldn't be in this situation if you weren't getting married. So don't blame me for the choices that you make.”

“I wouldn't be getting married to her if I didn't leave you.”

“you just admitted it was your fault that you're getting married. It was your choice to leave, not mine. And because of that choice, you're getting married to a woman you don't love.”

“I love her enough.”

“enough isn't always good enough. Especially when you love someone else more.”

“you're jealous.”

I laugh, “no Adam, I'm not jealous. I'm mad, but not jealous.”

“you're mad? Did you ever think that I would be mad?”

“no, I thought you left because you liked what I did.” I reply sarcastically.

He stands up, “I'm out of here.”

“no you're not.”

“and what gives you the right to say that?”

“because, your fiancee is having her baccalaureate` party tonight, so you can't go home. You don't have your wallet on you, so you can't get a hotel. And you're not going to drive all the way to your mom's house. That's why you're going to be staying here tonight.”

“why would I do that?”

“I'm not letting Tristan go anywhere with you. So you either stay here or you go find something to do by yourself.” he glares at me, waiting for me to back down, but I didn't. I'm a mother and I'm not allowing him to take his son while he's drunk. Or even tipsy.

“fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
befriend.comment.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife