Sequel: Remember Us

Before You Say I Do

Venti

I woke up bright and early with the rest of the people in the apartment.

“mommy, are you going to be there?” Katie asks.

“no sweetheart. I'm going home tonight. You'll see me in August.”

“you're leaving?!?!” I bend down to her level.

“you are going to spend the rest of the summer here with Aunts and Uncles and your dad. I have to get back to work in Maine.”

“but I want you to stay!” she whines.

“I have work sweetie, you know that. But when you come home I promise I'll spend the whole day with you.”

“can we go to the zoo?”

“we can go to the zoo.” I reply. She jumps up and down excitedly, “now, you've got to say bye. You're going to the wedding.” she hugs me tightly and I smile.

“bye mommy.”

“bye Katie. Have fun in Italy.”

she tells me she will and then runs out to Finn and Dakota. I walk out after her. “you sure you're okay with this?” Dakota asks.

I nod and give her a hug, “it's for the best.” I tell her.

I know she doesn't believe me, but oh well. Dakota takes Katie down to the car and Finn gives me a hug.

“I need you to give Adam something.” I say, pulling out the envelope.

“what is it?” Finn asks.

“just, some last words to him I guess. Don't worry, it's nothing too bad. But can you please get it to him after I leave.”

“yeah. I'll do that.”

“thanks.”

“It's not too late you know.”

I shake my head, “it's done Finn. I know you want us to have this happily ever after, but we just weren't meant for that.”

“then what's with this letter?”

“he needs to know the truth.” I push him out the door, “now go, you have to get dressed.” “wait Julie,”

“yeah.”

“the day you two met...he called me.”

“so?”

“you know what he said?” I shake my head no, “he said that he found 'the one'.”

~~~

Why did Finn have to tell me that? I mean, Adam already said it, but it was different coming from Finn. The fact that Adam had called him that first night, saying that...it was just different. I show up at the house with the cake and two other workers help me get it out to the reception area.

“you're late.” Jacqueline said.

“or you're early.” she glares at me and I just smile politely. It was probably good that I wasn't marrying Adam because his mom and I wouldn't be getting along at all.

“Jacqueline sweetie, leave Juliana alone. She's just on time.” A guy looking around the same age as Jacqueline comes into view.

I smile at him, “you must be Guy.” I say, holding my hand out and he shakes. “I've heard a lot about you.”

he chuckles, “only good things I hope.”

“well, mix. But I guess that's what is expected from Adam.” Jacqueline, I could tell, tensed up at that. I guess I wasn't supposed to know her past. Instead of saying anything though, she just walks out of the room.

“don't mind her, she doesn't like people knowing about Lucas.”

“ah, got it.”

“the cake looks great.” he says as I start stacking it together.

“thanks,” I turn back to face him, “your step-son made it.”

his eyes widen, “Adam designed this?”

“well helped, but yes, he did most of the sketching for it.”

a smile appears on his lips, “you wouldn't happen to be, oh I don't know, trying to ruin this wedding, would you?”

“I have no idea what you're talking about. I just thought the cake looked nice.”

he leans in to whisper in my ear, “finally someone is willing to get rid of that bitch.” before I could say anything he walks away.

At least I knew there were more people out there that would be happy if this wedding didn't happen.

I finish stacking up the cake and then catch a cab to the airport.

My job in Italy was done, now it was left to Finn and the cake to work the rest out.
♠ ♠ ♠
befriend.comment.subscribe.promote.
please.
last chapter in a couple minutes.
<3 justrealizelife