Sequel: Remember Us

Before You Say I Do

Due

The doorbell rang and I didn’t have enough energy to get up and open it. I weakly told them to open the door but didn’t know if they heard me. Though the two of them came rushing into the house anyways.

Finn sat in the chair next to the sofa and Dakota sat down next to me. “Julie, what’s wrong? What happened?”

Without being able to speak, I point to my bag that was setting on the coffee table. Finn picks it up, shuffling through it until he found the piece of paper.

“this?” he asks. I nod slowly. He unfolds the paper and starts to read. “name of orderer: Jacqueline DiGerlando.” His voice hitches. “name of Bride: Stephanie Bertina.” You could see him gulp as he continued to read, his voice becoming quieter. “Name of Groom.” Finn pauses, “Adam DiGerlando.” The paper slips out of his hands.

“oh dear.” Dakota says, pulling me tighter into a hug. I wipe away the tears and take a deep breath.

“I can-can’t say no.” I tell them. “the media would eat it up if I said no.”

“forget about the media.” Finn tells me, “can you do this?”

“I think so.”

“what will you do with Katie.”

“can she stay with you guys?”

“of course.” Dakota answers, not bothering to talk it through with Finn, “we’ll watch her.”

“and what about Jon?” Finn reminds me, “does he know?”

“n-no. I’m scared to tell him.”

“you’re going to have to say something.”

“I know. I leave the first though. I have time to process this.”

There was silence and Finn looks back down at the paper, “god that jerk!”

“Finn!” Dakota scolds.

“what? He is. I mean, he doesn’t even think to call and mention this to his best friend? What the hell? I let him live with us for almost two fucking years and all I get in repay is this.”

“well, there’s something else we could do…” I say, getting back my composure.

“and what’s that Juliana?”

“I can tell Jacqueline that I’ll need my staff with me. she’s already renting out a small apartment for me to stay in. saying a hotel is no place for me to be for that long. You guys can stay with me, and Katie can come. We’ll make a trip of it. Plus it wouldn’t hurt to have you guys there in case I need some support. And Nick and Katelyn would be thrilled to see you two again.”

Dakota looks excited about this and turns to Finn. “can you take the time off dear?”

“of course I can.” He replies, “I’ll just tell them that my best friend is getting married. Which is half true at least.”

I sigh and lean my head against Dakotas shoulder. My fingers automatically twist the ring around on my finger, playing with it.

“I should give this back.” I whisper.

Finn’s eyes look to what I’m doing and then he looks back up at my face, “He sized it and put those words in there for you, no one else. It doesn’t matter if he’s marrying someone else, you’re the only one who deserves that ring.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but it's an update nonetheless.
message.befriend.comment.
<3justrealizelife