Sequel: Remember Us

Before You Say I Do

Sette

We decided to go down to a small restaurant that Nick had recommended. Katelyn met us there and practically shrieked when she saw everyone else.

“Finn! Dakota!” she runs up to the table and attacks the two in a big hug. “oh my god, is this Katie!?”

Katie leaned in more to my shoulder, hiding herself from the hype of Katelyn.

“Katie dear, don’t you remember your aunt? She lived with us just a year ago.”

“that’s her?”

we all laugh and Katelyn takes her seat next to Nick and Katie.

“so, work things out with your mom?” I ask.

“as if. She’s going to freak on Monday.”

“oh joy!” I say sarcastically.

“why did Adam call me earlier?” Finn asks Katelyn.

Katelyn glances my way and then back at Finn, “lets just say your little friend here decided to cause some chaos last night.”

“I did not cause any chaos.” I tell her.

She raises her eyebrows at me, doubtful. “really, Rainy Day Girl?”

“you can’t prove that it’s me.”

“true, I can’t. though I could go through the history on your computer and find out. That would be proof. Or I could just have a very good guess that you’re the only ‘stranger’ who would be giving my brother advice on your relationship.”

“since when have you gotten so smart?” I ask and she smiles.

“what’s she talking about Julie?” Dakota asks.

“He posted this blog thing last night, and I sort of gave him some advice.”

Finn shakes his head as if to say I’m crazy.

“cause that makes sense.”

“it did at the time. Plus I totally won the fight.”

“you sound so proud of yourself.”

“actually I am. Adam hates losing.” Dakota rolls her eyes and the waiter comes to take our order.

“so other than making him feel bad, how did last night go?” Finn asks.

“oh, it went fantastic. He totally blew me off and then today told Katelyn that not only was Skye and Juliana two different people. But he also hates both of their guts. Or my guts…”

“on the bright side,” Katelyn adds, “he admits he doesn’t love Stephanie.”

Katie pulls on my shirt again, “mommy? Are they talking about daddy?”

I smile, “yes dear. We’re talking about your dad.”

“can I meet him?”

my eyes widen. She wanted to meet her dad again? I hadn’t really thought about doing that. “um…”

“I can watch her.” Katelyn says. “tomorrow. You three go do grown-up stuff. Nick and I’ll take care of her.”

“how will that…”

“at my house. He’s stopping by tomorrow, so she’ll get to meet him.” She explains.

I look down at Katie, “how does that sound sweetie? Spending the day with your aunt and uncle?”

“that sound fun! I don’t like being around grown-ups. It makes me feel old.” We all laugh, “don’t laugh!” goodness, I love this girl.

“fine, I’ll drop her off at ten, does that work?”

“yep.”

“now, onto other news…how have you guys been!?”

After a long dinner, I carried a sleeping Katie to her bed and logged on to my experience project site. There was a new message in my inbox and I was instantly curious to if it was Adam or not.

Of course, it was. No one else really messages me on this.

Lost in Love: Why do you care so much?

Rainy Day Girl: Because I’ve been in your ex’s position before and if she’s not there to speak up for herself, someone should be.

Lost in Love: I'm meeting her tomorrow

well, that was quite random of him to tell me.

Rainy Day Girl: Who?

Lost in Love: My Daughter

I smile at those two words and close down my computer. “I hope you like him.” I whisper to Katie before getting under the covers and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
message.subscribe.comment.
please.