Status: a work in progress.

You Hold My Attention Without Even Trying

Chapter Five

From somewhere in my subconscious I could hear my name being whispered in my ear and someone poking my cheek, 2 guesses as to who it is.
“Piss off Sophie” I muttered while swatting her hand away from my cheek.
“Only if you promise to wake up”
I let a sigh escape my lips as i rolled over to look at the clock, seeing that it was only 10 in the morning i sighed again.
“fine”
“good” i heard Phie say as she walked towards my door. As soon as she left my room i pulled the covers over my head and began to finish my sleep.
“Get up!” Phie yelled as she threw a discarded pillow at me “now!”
Growling i got out of bed grabbed the pillow that was thrown at me and walked downstairs to where Phie had disappeared to. I found her at the dining room table eating her breakfast with Vic and Hime, walking up to her i smashed the pillow in her face turned around and stormed out of the room only to run in to tony and might i say i must have looked like a treat me in my pj’s bed hair, storming out of the dining room with a pillow in my hand and Phie, Vic and Hime at the table with matching stunned looks on their faces.
I spent most of the morning in my room after what happened at breakfast, i had just flopped back onto my bed when i heard a soft knock on my door.
“yeah?” i yelled
“hey bunny, wanna go for a skate?” asked Tony using the nickname he has taken upon himself to bestow.
“sure anything to get me out of this house Obi” I say calling him by his nickname. I pick up my skate board from where it was leaning against the wall and follow tony outside where he had his bike already to go. We had been riding around for half an hour just talking casually about random things before we decided to head back home for band practice.
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
Walking into the garage i dumped my skate board with Tony’s bike and together we walked into the lounge room where we were greated by a most unwelcoming site, Sophie looking terrified sitting on the couch, Vic with his arms around Phie trying to calm her down and Mike and Hime with worried/concerned looks on there faces.
“what’s going on?” asked Tony
“Phie?” i asked a little hesitant worried about what she was going to say.
“we....we went out to lunch..while you two were out........when......when we came back there was a.....message.....” Phie couldn’t answer anymore cause of her sobs so she reached behind her and hit the play button on the answering machine sitting on the table.
“........Megera?..........meggie you there?.......Babe why do you keep running from me? I love you cant you see that?......what i did i did out of love!.......Meg.......i Love you.”
“no....no...no....no..no....no” during the message i had slumped to the floor muttering those words over and over again, Tony had kneeled down next to me with one hand on my leg just above my knee and the other rubbing my back while he whispered “its ok, everythings ok, im here” to me.
I couldn’t breath, he had found me, how could he have found me i was careful!
“what was that? Whats going on?” asked Mike with a serious tone to his voice.
“and don’t say its nothing” said Vic as Phie opened her mouth to answer Mike “cause thats not a nothing reaction” added Hime as he pointed at me.
I looked over at Phie, panic clearly written all over my face. “it’s going to be ok, you can tell them, i promise” she cried.
Sighing i looked at all of their faces i stayed on Tony’s questioning gaze the longest and i swear i saw something other the concern in his eyes.
“ me and Sophie met in High school, when we were 17 and in year 12 we were invited to this party it was a friend of ours so we accepted the invite, Phie was going to stay the night at my place cause my mum works night until the very early hours of the morning, anyway there was this guy in our year that had taken a liking to me, he was really creepy, i had never spoken to him before but he was there at the party that night......”
Pausing to let out a shakey breathe i didn’t know i was holding i heard Phie cry even more into Vics Shoulder, both Mike and Hime had sunk down into chairs as they relized where i was going with my confession, Tony’s Arm wrapped tighter around me and his hand squeezed my knee lightly as he mutterd “oh god” in realization,
“.....it was fun at first.....dancing, talking to people, drinking with friends.....but then things went bad towards the end of the night, our other friend who went with us got completly wasted and was going to throw up so i took her to the bathroom leaving my drink on the table where we were sitting because there was only a few people left at the party all of which we knew. We were in the bathroom when Phie came in and told me she was going to head back to my place because she had a headache, i told her i was going to look after Mae and then i would meet her there. I left mae in the bathroom and went back to get rid of our drinks, shouldn’t have done it but i did and i regret doing it but i drank the rest of my drink, i only remember bits of what happend after that.......”
I let the tears flow freely now as i tell them the end of my story.
“i remember a room.......and him.....he was on top of me......i couldn’t do anything....i.....i prayed for someone to come in and stop it.......i tried to cry out but i couldn’t.........i..i remember his face......how he laughed as he raped me......over and over again.......how he abused me mentally and physically......”
“i just wanted him to stop” i cried into Tony’s shoulder as he grabbed me, wrapping in his arms.
“...my god...” whispered Hime as he covered his mouth with his hand. Mike was shaking his head in his hands and Vic was silently watching me as he rocked Phie backwards and forwards on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it has taken so long to get this chapter out, i've been working none stop. anyway hope you enjoy it.
comment and let me know what you think :)