Concordi Discordia

Elysia Adinall

TRANSCRIPT


Interaction between
PC Karen Davies (KD)
PS William Hale (WH) and
Elysia Adinall (EA)
29th June 2007
#0782492

KD:
For the purposes of the recording, may you please state your name?
EA: Elysia Adinall. I thought I’d done this before?
KD: Thank you, Ms. Adinall.
EA: Who are you, then?
WH: Sorry, I thought I’d introduced myself already. William Hale, Police Sergeant.
KD: Ms. Adinall, we were wondering if you could confirm a few things for us.
EA: Like what?
KD: Such as your location on the night of twenty-third of June.
EA: I’ve already said I was at home, haven’t I?
WH: Ms. Adinall, a witness has come forward saying that they saw you in Reading town centre at around the time of the incident.
EA: Where?
WH: They have stated that they saw you coming out of Indulgences. Mr. James Harper has also confirmed this statement.
EA: Wait, that’s a strip club, right? What would I be doing anywhere near a strip club?
KD: Ms. Adinall, Mr. Harper also claims that he saw you inside the club. He said that you were working there.
[A pause]
WH: Ms. Adinall?
KD: Ms. Adinall, we would advise you to tell us the truth here. Were you working at Indulgences on the night of the incident?
[There is a knock on the door. A chair scrape is heard, followed by footsteps, the door opening and the shuffling of paper]
KD: [inaudible] Thank you.
[The door closes, more footsteps are heard and a chair creaks. The paper is rustled softly. A pause]
EA: What does that say? Why are you looking at each other like that?
WH: Ms. Adinall, please tell us. Were you at Indulgences on the night of the twenty-third of June?
EA: I’m not – I’m not proud of it. But it gets me money, right? It gives me something to live off, something to get by on. I don’t enjoy it, if that’s what you want to know. I’m a good person! I try my hardest and it pays the bills and gets me my medication!
KD: Ms. Adinall, listen to me. This piece of paper here includes the results from the DNA analysis performed on samples taken after the incident occurred. They indicate that the DNA taken from you upon arrest and that taken after the incident are a match. Do you understand?
EA: Not quite.
WH: It means that traces of your DNA were found on Mr. Harper after the incident.
EA: [breathing rapidly] And now? What?
WH: Elysia Adinall, we are formally charging you of both rape and causing actual bodily harm to Mr. James Harper. You do not have to say anything, but whatever you do say may be taken down and used as evidence against you in court.
[There is a scream, followed by muffled crying]
KD: Elysia...
[A chair scrapes again, and there are hurried footsteps out of the room. The door opens, then slams shut]
WH: Karen? Karen? Where are you going? Karen!

Image

Additional Notes:
PC Karen Davies would like to make it known that her exit was due to the distress of the situation and how uncomfortable she felt being a part of it. She would also like to express her serious concern for Elysia Adinall’s mental wellbeing and would insist that she be kept under surveillance and consistent monitoring throughout her time in custody due to her vulnerable condition.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there we go!

It's not the end of the story, however - there's going to be one more chapter (not a transcript or report, but still a non-conventional format) and finally an epilogue, so you can find out how some of those involved were affected and what happens to them in the aftermath of the case.

I'm very sorry about the delay in posting this, but I hope that you're finally satisfied with the conclusion of the case, if not of the story altogether.

To all the wonderful people who have subscribed, commented and given me such, such wonderful feedback, I thank you. You keep me writing and all your feedback is greatly appreciated. I wish I could give you all a big, big hug, because I love each and every one of you.