Fluff in an Old Music Room

Family Reunions

The luminous halls of Ouran Academy rose up from the perfectly manicured courtyard like a great gleaming promise.

Uhm...hello? Mia thought. Get your own inner monologue! This chapter is mine!

I was here first! As I was saying, A great gleaming promise! They extended towards heaven, reflecting rays of glimmering prosperity towards the night sky.

Who even talks like that? Seriously, get out of my chapter! Mia fumed.

No! Inside this great gleaming sanctuary, the social elite of the next generation fluttered about on rays of light, blissfully unaware of life's harsh realities. The realities of poor people.

OK, you're done! Mia forcefully pushed the narrarator out of the chapter, all without wrinkling the dress Kyoya had laid out for her.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM. UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE HAD TO FIND A NEW NARRARATOR. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. THE PROGRAM WILL NOW CONTINUE AS ORIGINALLY PLANNED.

It had been a long time since Mia had set foot on the campus of Ouran Academy. If she was expecting any great changes, she was surprised.

The classic style of the campus had changed little, if any. Still wreaking of wealth and lavish lifestyles, the school seemed to eminate money.

It's really quite ridiculous. She thought.

Tea candles, resting in beautiful classical lanterns lit the pathway to the school's second ballroom, where the Gala was being held. She let herself meander down the walkway, knowing she was late. Lateness, at such an event would cause a large stir, and she wanted to prolong what little peace she currently had.

Mia had been homeschooled up until she left for the United States, and therefore nobody would recognize her. She could imagine the gossip already...

Mysterious Ootori daughter turns up after years of being hid by her parents. What secrets did they hope to smother by locking her up? Was she, in fact, a prisoner in her own home? And other nonsense of that nature. Whoop-dee-doo.

However, lady luck was smiling on Mia that night. Fortunately, because of a ridiculously warm evening, the garden doors to the ballroom had been thrown open, and Mia was able to slip into the milling students (all female) unnoticed. Thus, avoiding the whole "grand entrance" scenario.

She was thankful that Kyoya had picked a less-than ornate dress for her this evening. She could easily picture him demanding that she attend in a gold-woven gown and silver silk gloves. Thankfully, he had picked a simple strapless purple dress. Nothing fancy. Perfect.
Speaking of Kyoya, where is he? She puzzled. Even on heels, she could not see him over the large crowd.

Mia had not gotten to greet her brother. Her parent's driver had picked her up at the airport. But Kyoya had had to stay with the club all afternoon in preperation for tonight's event. When he had come home to get ready, their parents had already whisked her off to dinner at a fancy resturaunt.

Irked by the fact that she hadn't seen him, Mia pushed, a little bit too roughly, to get to the dance floor. The large dance floor was surprisingly empty. For no girls had the courage to dance without a member of the host club and thus the entire floor was occupied by only seven couples.

Mia was surprised to see Kyoya dancing, although his eyes were scanning the crowd. She resisted the urge to jump up and down, waving and calling for him, one must look dignified at these events, after all. And instead, watched him glide across the dance floor, trying to catch his eye.

EW! You make it sound like I like him! He's my brother! She protested.

It was halfway through the third song and his fourth partner, that he noticed her. What happened next made her the target of dozens of glares and multiple "angry waves".
Kyoya stopped in his tracks, the girl he was dancing with stopping a moment later, but babbling on, confused. He removed his hand from hers and took one step, then another, away from her.

The audience, and other members all gasped in Unison, as they watched Kyoya (The Host club Heartless) break into a huge grin. He walked briskly (one must also never run at these events) to Mia and pulled her into a huge hug, spinning her around. She was set back on her feet laughing.

"Kyoya, I missed you!"

"I, as well! Mia, you look beautiful." He took in the changes in his little sister's appearance. Great! he thought Better start chasing off the suitors. No one, after all, would be good enough for HIS sister. He smiled at her.

She returned it feircely, "Why, Thank you!" She mocked his formal speech. "It has been too long, has it not!"

He sneered jokingly, "You mock me. Now, you must dance with me!"

She groaned. Dancing only worked for people who were graceful, and had no more than one left foot.

Kyoya chuckled and kissed his sister's cheek, before leading her out onto the floor.

Now we all know this exchange was harmless, but here's what everyone else saw:
Kyoya glided over to a mysterious girl, embracing her in a more-than friendly hug. Never before had anyone seen the "dark" persona of the Host club smile so much! The pair joked with eachother, laughing and remaining blissfully unaware of those around them. He then did a most scandalous thing: HE KISSED HER!!!! Kyoya had never before shown such affection to a customer, why was she special?

As Kyoya danced with Mia, the other members of the host club gathered to conspire.

Tamaki sniffled pitifully, "Why would mommy hide something like this from me! Doesn't our friendship mean anything?"

Hikaru and Kaoru shared a grin. "WEll, boss," Hikaru started.

"Maybe Kyoya thought you'd overreact." Kaoru finished.

"WHY WOULD HE THINK THAT!!! I'M COMPLETELY CALM!" Tamaki yelled.

"Like you are right now." Haruhi threw in.

Tamaki turned grey, and his jaw hit the floor, "H-Haruhi, how could you s-s-say something like that!"

Haruhi shrugged, which sent Tamaki to his emo corner to grow mushrooms.

"I think she's pretty!" Honi smiled up at the others, "Don't you agree, Takashi?"

Mori glanced up for a moment then looked back at Honi and stated in monotone, "Yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey I'm so sorry! I totally spaced this whole fanfiction!!!! Not that anybody else *cough*Aya-Chan*cough* was any help at reminding me! But oh well! Here's a short, but fluffy chapter. Expect mindless garbage like this from me for the rest of the story. :)