Smother Your Pride

Συζήτηση

“The Fates must be bored,” Hades spoke with a bored tone, pretending to examine his nails.

“I imagine so. There isn’t much to do in this era.” Hermes fought to keep his calm. It was quite difficult to think that the man he had brought back was stuck in some hospital. Though he knew just what building he might be in, it would take weeks to locate which hospital in England he was in.

Hades sighed, “I remember trying to take over the cosmos. That was fun.”

Hermes stared at the God of the Underworld, “At least trying to stop you gave us something to do.”

Looking up at Hermes, Hades said, “At least people still visit your temples. I’m stuck down here with a bunch of dead people.”

“Yes but dead people talk all the time. Only tourists visit me,” Hermes thought about the people who visited his temple only to take pictures. It saddened him to think of the times people would bring him animals or something precious to them and worship him.

“Speaking of dead people, what are you going to do?”

It was a known fact that Hades loved to get under the skin of those around him. "He's not dead anymore” Hermes remained calm, "I know you know where he is."

“Yes.”

“So tell me.”

“Now why would I do that?”

“Fine,” Hermes shrugged. “It’s not like I can’t go to every hospital and ask for him.”

“That’ll take weeks.”

“True, but I can do it with or without your help.” Hermes fought to keep a straight face.

“He’s in London.” Hades rolled his eyes and turned around, walking back down the steps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, there is a lame reference to the Disney movie Hercules. I also lamely referenced Sherilyn Kenyon about the temples. In her Dark-Hunter series, involving Greek Gods, they each had a temple where people went to worship them. It's an excellent series to read by the way. I highly recommend it if you love Greek, Atlantean mythology and vampires.

Dedicated to:
- asongaboutme
- PsychoBarbie
- Bipolar;Dementia